• Xecuter SX OS

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Considering the confusion and less than average user friendliness of what we had yesterday for backup loaders, i assume community based programs will take a while until the average joe like me can use them. I believe evem atmosphere will get a release, it will be full of problems and hard to manage for people like me, until they will refine the procedures.

Sx Os on the other hand... anyaway, i'll take what i can from both, while i wait for atmosphere to be mature, i'll use sx os and its dongle, then i'll use the dongle to swap to atmosphere if it will have advantages.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm waiting for both, and seeing what will happen before I make a decision. But things are looking good for Atmosphere since pirating is already possible.
Same here. I take my time before I decide which one I’ll take. Most important for me is the stability and the number of features. I don't really care if it's free or not, I think it's fair to pay for good software, of course I won't pay more than a normal switch costs. If the price is reasonable and the features seem nice there is no reason for me to not pay like 40-60 dollars. That’s about one switch game. Anyway, it’s hard to tell in early stages since both will still be developed after they have been released. I hope both will surprise us ;P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same here. I take my time before I decide which one I’ll take. Most important for me is the stability and the number of features. I don't really care if it's free or not, I think it's fair to pay for good software, of course I won't pay more than a normal switch costs. If the price is reasonable and the features seem nice there is no reason for me to not pay like 40-60 dollars. That’s about one switch game. Anyway, it’s hard to tell in early stages since both will still be developed after they have been released. I hope both will surprise us ;P
I think the price of the SX Pro at $35-40 is very reasonable, that's about the price of a DSTWO back in the day and they are bound to have similar hardware. So price isn't an issue to me.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think the price of the SX Pro at $35-40 is very reasonable, that's about the price of a DSTWO back in the day and they are bound to have similar hardware. So price isn't an issue to me.
Yeah, 35-40 dollars should be affordable for everyone who owns a Nintendo Switch console, since that's less than a single game. DSTWO was also about that price, if I remember correctly. The hardware doesn't really matter for the price, it's more about the features and the functionality in general. The end user doesn't care about the hardware. The end user wants a solution which offers great functionality, is user friendly and simple to use.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, 35-40 dollars should be affordable for everyone who owns a Nintendo Switch console, since that's less than a single game. DSTWO was also about that price, if I remember correctly. The hardware doesn't really matter for the price, it's more about the features and the functionality in general. The end user doesn't care about the hardware. The end user wants a solution which offers great functionality, is user friendly and simple to use.
Indeed. But since the dongle supports 3rd party payloads you could buy SX Pro and use Atmosphere with it and get the best of both worlds, ease of use and all of the features from both. So for those wanting an untethered solution this is going to be their best bet for a while regardless of whether they are more interested in SX OS or Atmosphere.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Considering the confusion and less than average user friendliness of what we had yesterday for backup loaders, i assume community based programs will take a while until the average joe like me can use them. I believe evem atmosphere will get a release, it will be full of problems and hard to manage for people like me, until they will refine the procedures.

Sx Os on the other hand... anyaway, i'll take what i can from both, while i wait for atmosphere to be mature, i'll use sx os and its dongle, then i'll use the dongl

I couldn’t agree with this more. I’m intending to do the exact same thing.

I will most likely go with the CFW that offers persistent CFW first

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually waiting on TX's solution. Don't get me wrong I love homebrew and the homebrew scene, but I'm a grown ass adult and don't have enough time to play with settings now. TX is advertising to be straightforward and seamless whereas Atmosphère might take some more effort.

ccprodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really shouldn’t be a question as to which CFW will be superior. The poll seems to show in favor of Atmosphere as it’s open source and free. SX OS is locked down and costs money, and it’s sole purpose of a product is piracy.

Reactions: RealSpyKitty

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Indeed. But since the dongle supports 3rd party payloads you could buy SX Pro and use Atmosphere with it and get the best of both worlds, ease of use and all of the features from both. So for those wanting an untethered solution this is going to be their best bet for a while regardless of whether they are more interested in SX OS or Atmosphere.
Yeah I guess that's a good way to go. Nevertheless I'll still wait until more is known, because I don't like the idea of attaching a dongle to my switch, since in my case it's connected with a usb-c cable to the dock and I don't want to always remove and attach it back. Hopefully Atmosphere will offer a better solution for that later on.

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still undecided. I see that one of the sellers jacked up the price like really high, so I wonder if I should pull the trigger now before others follow suit. The SX pro will be an easier solution, and maybe the SX OS is going to be better in support and updates since it is paid. That is about the only advantage I can think of. Then again who doesn't like free. It is a tough choice. Maybe it will be best when we see all the options on the table and how they work. Then you can decide for sure.

ccprodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SX pro will be an easier solution, and maybe the SX OS is going to be better in support and updates since it is paid.

Actually Atmosphere will have better support because it’s open source meaning anyone who knows programming can update it. Also the fact that it’s open source means it will always be publicly available where as if tx decided they’re done with sx os then you’ll no longer get updates.

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Atmosphere will have better support because it’s open source meaning anyone who knows programming can update it. Also the fact that it’s open source means it will always be publicly available where as if tx decided they’re done with sx os then you’ll no longer get updates.
Very true!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-