OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everybody,

sorry if this doesnt belong here!

So I plan on building a gaming PC for the first time and I need some advice on which parts to pick for the best performance with emulators.

Since I dont want to overspend, I consider the RX6600 to be my only real choice, but Ive heard that AMD GPUs arent that great for using emulators, is that true or just some ancient misconception ?

For the CPU, atm Im considering the following:
-Intel 12100f ~100€
-Intel 12400f ~180€
-Ryzen 5 5600 (non X) ~140€
-Ryzen 5 3600 ~ 120€

For AAA games, Im pretty sure any of them will do the job, same for PS2 games or anything older than that, but Im not too sure about performance in Ryujinx, Yuzu or RPCS3.

Does anyone have any experience with these emulators/ mid range CPUs ?
I couldnt find a whole lot of benchmarks and Id like to know if the extra 50-100 bucks might be worth the upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since I dont want to overspend, I consider the RX6600 to be my only real choice, but Ive heard that AMD GPUs arent that great for using emulators, is that true or just some ancient misconception ?

Sort of true.

A lot of emulators use OpenGL, AMD's OpenGL (at least on Windows) performance is much slower than Nvidia's. A lot of emulators do have Vulkan now though, so as long as the one your using has Vulkan, you should be ok.

I don't know what the prices are like where you are, but if I was aiming at emulators, at that tier of card, I'd probably go for a 3060, but if 6600 is really your only choice, then as long as the emulator has an option for Vulkan, it should be fine.

CPU, 12400f.

12400f is easily the best cpu in your list and worth the extra €40 over the 5600.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: TomRiddle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...