Hacking Question Which firmware version does your Switch currently have?

Which firmware version does your Switch currently have?

Votes: 180 51.1%

Votes: 8 2.3%

Votes: 3 0.9%

Votes: 17 4.8%

Votes: 19 5.4%

Votes: 74 21.0%

Votes: 47 13.4%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 10 2.8%

Votes: 10 2.8%

Votes: 33 9.4%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm playing Xenoblade 2 just fine on 3.0.2, just saying.
But do you have the updated 1:1 map zoom, travel skip actually pointing where you are when you press X (this one really matters), and other bugfixes?

(still, the bugfixes haven't fixed the random counting time while suspending bug, my save already says I've played some 200 hours and I am sure I am more around 80 hours in)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: MiguelinCrafter

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But do you have the updated 1:1 map zoom, travel skip actually pointing where you are when you press X (this one really matters), and other bugfixes?

(still, the bugfixes haven't fixed the random counting time while suspending bug, my save already says I've played some 200 hours and I am sure I am more around 80 hours in)

I didn't really play it that much to notice any of it. Just left for the journey the chairman sends you to and saved there, so probably just about 1-2 hours of playtime. Still invested in SM:Odyssey.

edgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is 4.1.0. I have thought about buying a second one, but I can't play Mario Odyssey on anything 3.0.0 and below. With anything below 4.0.0 I can't transfer my existing saved games. It also seems like 4.x will be hacked soon.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My switch is 4.1.0. I have thought about buying a second one, but I can't play Mario Odyssey on anything 3.0.0 and below. With anything below 4.0.0 I can't transfer my existing saved games. It also seems like 4.x will be hacked soon.
Do us all a favor. Don't waste $300 for the sake of exploitable hardware. If you choose to do so, that's your call. It's your money.

edgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do us all a favor. Don't waste $300 for the sake of exploitable hardware. If you choose to do so, that's your call. It's your money.

There was more to it than that. I also have a girlfriend who likes to play, and she has been on my Switch a lot. It would also let me give her mine, and allow me to have my own.

Reactions: Kioku

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I am also looking to buy a 2nd one. Mainly to play the firmware lottery, you never know what you'll get, and to get good deals. Switches are quite overpriced in my country (390 €), but you can find decent deals on ebay for about 320 € shipped (and I have to mention that shipping to my country is expensive as well).

If I don't get a good firmware, I can just resell it again as "new, just opened to test" and maybe even keep the joycons or something.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am also looking to buy a 2nd one. Mainly to play the firmware lottery, you never know what you'll get, and to get good deals. Switches are quite overpriced in my country (390 €), but you can find decent deals on ebay for about 320 € shipped (and I have to mention that shipping to my country is expensive as well).

If I don't get a good firmware, I can just resell it again as "new, just opened to test" and maybe even keep the joycons or something.
WTF? 390 Euros.........damn thats expensive..

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There was more to it than that. I also have a girlfriend who likes to play, and she has been on my Switch a lot. It would also let me give her mine, and allow me to have my own.

WTF? 390 Euros.........damn thats expensive..

It can range from 360 to 390 €. 390 € is like the "normal price" and it can go down to 360 € when they have special "discounts". That is just for a switch, not with a game bundle. On Amazon you at least get a switch and one of the better games for about 330 €.

At least it's a business opportunity to play the firmware lottery without any loss ;)

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got my baby on 4.1.0 just to play BOTW and the DLCs, if I have the money I'm gonna buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon hehe
Hope 4.x gets some exploits soon, I want to play some emulators :P

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just checked the current prices in my country.

The cheapest Switch is 367 €, neon blue/red, no game.

The cheapest Super Mario Odyssey bundle is 416 €. Just to get an idea how overpriced things are.

On marketplace sites I found a Switch for as cheap as 318 €, used and comes with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The cheapest "new" one is a listing from a small gaming shop, surely not a licenced retailer. They also sell for 318 €, new and no game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*