Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ace3ds x is an Ace3ds+ with a switch to convert it to ntrboothax.

I believe the team is considered somewhat sketchy because they use hacked wood and not all of their older carts could be firmware updated, but it does work.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you say they compare to that new Ace3DS X? Since that card is new and most of the comparison charts are old using hardware that came out along time ago, none of them seem to take the Ace3DS X into consideration.
Ace3DS X is good but really irrelevant since the R4i Gold 3DS RTS already uses the official Wood kernel, the Wood kernel that the Ace3DS X can use is outdated by a version, that's something worth noting. Also the R4i Gold 3DS RTS can use NTRboothax as well. It may not have a switch to toggle between NTR and DS mode but still. You get a good card with NTRboothax all in one. The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is just an added bonus really.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only difference between 1.64 and 1.62 is an mset installer and some rts fixes. every other cart that uses legit wood is also on 1.62.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it has come to my attention that the R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a version of the R4i Gold that also has the NTR switch, similar to the Ace3DS X...

Is it exactly like the R4i Gold everyone recommends otherwise?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it has come to my attention that the R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a version of the R4i Gold that also has the NTR switch, similar to the Ace3DS X...

Is it exactly like the R4i Gold everyone recommends otherwise?
R4i Gold 3DS Plus runs the same kernel as the R4i Gold 3DS RTS, however the difference between the two would be that the flashcart has better compatibility with games versus the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (It is strange but it's true) and of course it has a switch inside the card for NTRboothax. Compared to the Ace3DS X it is kinda the same, both use different technology however I recommend the R4i Gold for the simple fact it is more well known and reliable to use. Both of those flashcarts use Wood R4 kernel but unlike the Ace3DS Wood Kernel, the R4i Gold kernel was updated to 1.64. Now there isn't much of a difference between the kernels however it is best to have the latest you can get. Go big or go home, don't settle for least.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? How? How can a DS Flashcart made in 2017 have compatibility problems, much less, have less compatibility than previous versions of the cart?

Is there a chart anywhere?
Because the R4i Gold 3DS RTS uses technology older than the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, they both use the same exact kernel however one was made this year where as the other has been around for a few years now. They just did another revision for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (now it has a blue board with the label "3DS Card" on the back).

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the R4i Gold 3DS RTS uses technology older than the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, they both use the same exact kernel however one was made this year where as the other has been around for a few years now. They just did another revision for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (now it has a blue board with the label "3DS Card" on the back).

Wait, so there's another version of the R4i coming out that will also have the switch soon?

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The R4i Gold 3DS Plus has more game compatibility than the Acekard 2i. Both flashcarts are great but the Acekard hasn't been updated for quite some time.
This is maybe a stupid thing to say, but does this also hold for a DS Lite device? Or do you recommend another cartridge for that?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is maybe a stupid thing to say, but does this also hold for a DS Lite device? Or do you recommend another cartridge for that?
These flashcart's will work on the DS Lite without a problem, especially since the DS Lite doesn't have a firmware (well at least none that literally block flashcarts).

Potato Paste

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which flash cart to get if you want it purely for NDS games. The only things I want is maximum compatibility and use cheat codes. Nothing else, I dont need at boot NTR card. I would want to run it on all the families of the DS.

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which flash cart to get if you want it purely for NDS games. The only things I want is maximum compatibility and use cheat codes. Nothing else, I dont need at boot NTR card. I would want to run it on all the families of the DS.

I would still recommend the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, since it is one of the easiest cards to set up due to Wood kernel and is compatible with all devices, even with the new 3DS due to its natural NTRboot installed on the chipset. I play on a DS Lite with an EZFlash Omega and R4i Gold 3DS Plus in both cartridge slots to have a wide range of games available for just one device (NES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS)

amir02

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi EverBody

I have a Problem On my NINTENDOO DS

The Sdcard is Formatted And i dont know how to rapaire it

d3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It is 7 years since the original post. What is the best flashcart to get for Nintendo DS Lite at present time? Preferrably with GBA support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.