Which was the first game you ever loved and hated?

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
ilman said:
first loved: sonic 1
laugh.gif
What about the first hated

sonic2?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First loved: hard to say...either super mario land on gameboy or Leisure suit larry or stunts on pc (LLLL came before stunts, but loved the latter more).

Or wait: skip that...the very first game I really loved was Zelda on the game and watch. Too bad my parents got me the wrong game, so I had to suck up to friends to even play it.

Hated is easy: c&c tiberian sun. Everything I liked from the original C&C was gone and everything they added just sucked. I felt so disappointed I pawned it as soon as I finished it...and I still feel embarrassed that I didn't quit earlier. (Final Fantasy 8 gets a good spot as well here...but it wasn't the first game)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man...this takes me back.

First game I truly adored...probably Starwing. I liked the original Super Mario Bros but it was Starwing that hooked me for life. I still play it every now and then. My SNES is still set up not five feet from me and this is still inside. Close second would be FF7 but Starwing beat it by a few years.

First game I can honestly say I detested beyond all measure...Sonic 2006. There were games I didn't like long before this came around, like FF12, but this was the game that made me cry. Defacing my childhood icon like that. Everything about that game felt like I was being sexually assaulted by a very angry bear. The graphics sucked. The level design sucked. The music (bar the final boss theme) sucked. The creepy Elise/Sonic romance should be considered a crime against not only humanity but against every species to ever exist anywhere in the universe at any point in time. It made me sick.

A close second would be FF13 for showing that nobody lived forever. Even the mightiest of gaming legends has to fall sometime. And it seems the Final Fantasy series is joining Sonic on life support. Only now it's worse for Final Fantasy 'cause the twitching corpse of Sonic is about to spring back to life with Sonic Generations, which if the demo is anything to go by is gonna kick so much ass we forgive them for Sonic '06. And Sonic Shuffle. And pretty much everything since Adventure 2. Which would leave Final Fantasy as the poster child for falling from grace and landing face first in a pile of dog shit.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either Zelda OoT for the first or Pokemon Red.

For game I hated the most....Glover. There is no game that is more retarded than that, that I fucking despise more than that game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lunatics said:
For game I hated the most....Glover. There is no game that is more retarded than that, that I fucking despise more than that game.

Holy shit, I just remembered this game. I remember not being able to do anything in it. Maybe it's because I was like 5 or something or maybe the game was truly retarded, but either way, I remember it.

First loved... Possibly Gekido. I had no home consoles for the longest time and I was incredibly jelly that my friends and family did. Every time I visited my aunt, uncle, and cousin, I remember staying in his basement and playing Streets of Rage (on his Genesis) and Gekido on his PSX. Eventually he went off to college when I was still a kid and he gave us all his PSX games (we got a PSX from my brother's friend when he bought a PS2). I was so overjoyed even though I sucked at Gekido. I still have the copy he gave me.

First hate... Surprisingly, Prince of Persia '08. I was actually pretty good when it came to avoiding bad games as a kid for some reason. There were games I bought that I didn't think were great, but never resented. I bought PoP '08 sometime last year for like $10 used and it wasn't even worth that. I have fond memories of PoP: Warrior Within, as it was my first M-rated game, and I played bits and pieces of the other PoP games. I saw high reviews for this so I thought it'd be Prince of Persia, just with awesome art. It was not. It was boring, monotonous, and had horrible combat. The platforming also felt off. And seriously, throwing like one to two enemies every now and then to add "combat" is absolutely retarded. The Forgotten Sands was a lot better (it wasn't great but it was better than this).

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Megaman 2, my first both loved and hated game for both its greatness and frustrating moments!!
still have unfading memories of the jumps while fighting the dragon on willy tower huhu.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaster Master for NES for both questions.

Absolutely loved that game, played it thousands of times. However, the game is hard as shit and makes you restart after enough deaths and continues.

djc151084

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.navitotal.com
XP
Country
First game i loved and played it over and over again come free built in with the master system version 2 , Alex Kidd In Miracle World,

As for a hated game never really hated a game untill recently when my daughter got Nintendogs on the DS, terrible , terrible game
smile.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose I am required to pick a console game eh.

I had a bad experience with 1942 on the NES. Well I say bad experience, because that is what it is called when your wife is still being termed your new wife and you play the stupid thing too often
smile.gif
I traded the NES to my brother for a cassette player figuring my sex life was more valuable
smile.gif

I have really never gone back to consoles since, and ignored all of the machines in between the NES and the PS3. I only bought the PS3 for the blueray player and the ability to link to the home network. The game function was really just so my son could be part of the process of calling it a Christmas gift for the whole family. But he never plays anything but PC games really.

I am a devoted fan of the Nintendo DS. I suppose regardless of the nickname (reason I bought the DS originally), I have played Age of Empires more than any game for it with Civilization Revolution right behind it. Also really like Steel Horizon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol