Misc Who else is still playing Mario Kart Wii Online?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would love to play On-Line matches with more players.
Last time I played was around 2012.

I have already signed up on Wiimfii and I have my MKW License up but I've never been able to play Online with somebody because there's no one to play with.

So... I was wondering if you and I could share our friend codes to play every friday or weekends for a couple hours.

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following a few tutorials on getting to be able to play Mario Kart online. Is it as simple as installing the Mario Kart Competition Patcher and enabling the enabling the Message Center in Network Settings?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's as easy as enabling Wiimmfi option in USBLoaderGX game settings.
leseratte made that setting to patch the game live and you don't have to patch the ISO on your computer.

in USBLoaderGX, go to settings > loader settings > Search for "private server" option, and set it to "Wiimmfi.de"

that's all you need to do.
if you never played Mario Kart with wiimmfi, you might have to wait few hours/days until your profile is created and validated.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: PhoenixCodes

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using this as a tutorial: https://wii.guide/wiimmfi.html and went down to the "Mario Kart Wii Competitions" installation guide. You're saying I should follow the "Automatic Patching Using a USB-Loader" option instead? Would this require any additional steps in Mario Kart Wii?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was using this as a tutorial: https://wii.guide/wiimmfi.html and went down to the "Mario Kart Wii Competitions" installation guide. You're saying I should follow the "Automatic Patching Using a USB-Loader" option instead? Would this require any additional steps in Mario Kart Wii?
That's correct, that's all that needs to be done, if you didn't play online prior to NWFC shutting down.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the Autopatcher and Wii Mod Lite. Not really sure what to do with the Autopatcher. It did not come with an instruction file. Also how would one create a WAD of Mario Kart?

I supposed I'm a bit confused because the site I posted doesn't say anything about needed to make any configurations in the USB loader. The competition tool zip file looks like it's an app run from USB or SD

Last edited by thewhitepyth0n,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the Autopatcher and Wii Mod Lite. Not really sure what to do with the Autopatcher. It did not come with an instruction file. Also how would one create a WAD of Mario Kart?
If you mean a forwarder channel that will boot the game from USB like how USBLGX would, use WiiGSC

I supposed I'm a bit confused because the site I posted doesn't say anything about needed to make any configurations in the USB loader. The competition tool zip file looks like it's an app run from USB or SD
Competitions are not the same as normal online gameplay (VS races).

If you only want to play online and you're using a USB loader:
wii.guide said:
If you are already using an USB-Loader like the USB-Loader GX or WiiFlow Lite, try updating it to the most recent version. Then, there should be a “private server” setting (both in the global loader options and in the game options) which you can set to “Wiimmfi” to make the USB-Loader automatically patch every game you start to work with Wiimmfi.

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh OK. I did not know vs. and competition were seperate. So after I changed the USB loader's setting to private server that's all I need to do? Is there a reason why that guide is telling me to install the autopatcher along with having a WAD of Mario Kart?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh OK. I did not know vs. and competition were seperate. So after I changed the USB loader's setting to private server that's all I need to do?
Yeah, on the Wiimmfi.de option as @Cyan said.
Is there a reason why that guide is telling me to install the autopatcher along with having a WAD of Mario Kart?
The page has several methods for different types of Wii games, the one you downloaded was probably for WiiWare games, which Mario Kart Wii is not.

It probably should be in multiple pages, really:P

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. I just changed the USB loader's setting. When I open the Nintendo WFC I get an error "Either Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is experiencing high traffic volumes, or the service is down. Please try again later. For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Error Code: 23899"

I think this is normal yes? According to the Wiimmfi error page it means I need to wait 7 days.

Reactions: banjo2

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got it. I just changed the USB loader's setting. When I open the Nintendo WFC I get an error "Either Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is experiencing high traffic volumes, or the service is down. Please try again later. For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Error Code: 23899"

I think this is normal yes? According to the Wiimmfi error page it means I need to wait 7 days.
Yep. You have to wait until they check if your license is valid or something.
That's normal.

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I ran it twice before replying and got a separate code: 23887. However, this code looks to be the same 7 day activation error. Hopefully I didn't screw it up by trying twice.

Thank you all for the help. Great community here

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back. Looking to install CTGP-R. Instructions say it'll automatically patch wiimmfi. Will this interfere with my current console registration via USB loader or should I wait 7 days to installed CTGP-R?

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm back. Looking to install CTGP-R. Instructions say it'll automatically patch wiimmfi. Will this interfere with my current console registration via USB loader or should I wait 7 days to installed CTGP-R?
CTGP-R and WiimFii are two completely separate software and services.

WiimFii is just the replacement of Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
CTGP-R is the software that bundles custom tracks for Mario Kart.

The 7 day waiting is in order to get your Mario Kart licence (and console) registered. Also, it will prevent you from using cheat codes on online racings.

If you want to play custom tracks, you SHOULD leave CTGP-R in your SD.
That's how it works usually, you know?

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I asked the wrong question. I should have asked - will attempting to connect to Wiimmfi multiple times interfere with the registration process? Also, I was unaware the wait period was also for a Mario Kart license, not just console. Will I be allowed to use my Mario Kart game that I have stored on my USB to play or should I have my original disk in?

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe I asked the wrong question. I should have asked - will attempting to connect to Wiimmfi multiple times interfere with the registration process? Also, I was unaware the wait period was also for a Mario Kart license, not just console. Will I be allowed to use my Mario Kart game that I have stored on my USB to play or should I have my original disk in?

Depends. Do you plan to play CTGP-R for Online races?
Or Vanilla Mario Kart Wii for Online races?

thewhitepyth0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not installed CTGP-R just yet. Right now I load Mario Kart via USB Loader to play offline with the wife. It appears I will have to start popping my CD in for CTGP-R. Since it initiated console registration and Mario Kart license using the game that's stored on the USB (NOT the disc), will I have have to re-register using the physical CD now?

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have not installed CTGP-R just yet. Right now I load Mario Kart via USB Loader to play offline with the wife. It appears I will have to start popping my CD in for CTGP-R. Since it initiated console registration and Mario Kart license using the game that's stored on the USB (NOT the disc), will I have have to re-register using the physical CD now?
No, you still have to wait 7 days to play Mario Kart Online.
If you want to play OTHER games Online, then you don't have to wait to use WiimFii.
If you have a Mario Kart iso in a USB, you can follow some steps to download the right version of CTGP-R compatible with USB.
If you have a Mario Kart original disc, you have to follow other steps to download the right version of CTGP-R.

In short:

1.- WiimFii will allow you to play Online games again.
2.- If you are trying to play Mario Kart using WiimFii you STILL have to wait 7 days after you've registered your license and mac address on the site. The waiting is JUST for Mario Kart.
3.- CTGP-R downloads are different if you're using an original disc or a USB with a downloaded iso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1