Why do you pirate?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I pirate for several reasons: Imported games/rom translations (like Soma Bringer), the fact that I don't have to carry physical reiterations of the game on my person, music/e-reader functions on the pirated stuff, and the fact that it's darn cheaper than going to EBgames for my games fix.

However, I will buy games that I really like. The last few games were: Pokemon Platinum, and I'm planning to shell out some cash for Atelier Annie as well.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I pirate for a few reasons, one being I am poor as all hell and never have the money for new games
The second my town never seems to get any of the good games, I always have to travel like half way across the state to get them or hope the Gamestop a few towns away has them.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i pirate for emulation of old systems mostly (sega, mame, nes etc..)

for current games, i try out and delete if i don't like its gameplay, keep if im broke for the month, buy if i can afford and worth my €! ^^

Lotos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a job. I do tend to buy the games I can't put down though (with the exception of The Legend of Starfy, which I will buy when I get a job). Rhythm Heaven, haven't picked it up since the first day or two that I have downloaded it. Same with Fossil Fighters. I also pirate the games I missed out on, retro or that I can't find on the shelves easily. Phoenix Wright I can't find at the stores around here and I missed out on Electroplankton.

I also pirate to rip sprites. Most of the games I already have (so I know what to look for when ripping). The Pokémon games for example; I believe we have one of each version in this house, with the exception of green. My sister has Sapphire and Pearl in her possession, my mom technically owns Red, and I own the rest. I don't think I'm costing Nintendo any money from downloading those.

Still, I know it is wrong, but Optimum hasn't said anything about it to us yet (my girlfriend's brother on the other hand got a Cease and Desist).

fice3717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do it for the free media
biggrin.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Keeps my wallet from burning and having a hole in it.
smile.gif

Anyways yeah I'm broke, don't have a job, etc.

Mine already does, but it's old.

I pirate because I'm poor and can't get a job. My parents rarely give me an allowance for cleaning the house (I'm supposed to get $60 a month, but my dad says we can't afford it, of course we can't afford it, he keeps spending the money on gun parts!). How else am I supposed to buy things? I'm lucky I can feed my hamsters and keep their cages clean! I don't pirate Wii games though, DS games are fine and I do buy the games I really like eventually. Harvest Moon games, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon. Sometimes Zelda, Zelda's been going downhill for a while though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__