• Just a hobbie

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I play video games to feel entertained and because i´m in the mood to fill this need of entertainment with video games at that point of time. Next time it can be reading a book or go for a stroll.
Just another source for having a good time.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you answered 'Nostalgia', as I did, and really want a kick in the nuts, go read the old issues of Nintendo Power that you can find online.

You will flash back to being 12 at the lunch table bragging about how you knew the finishing moves on Mortal Kombat 2 while munching on a horrid soy burger and quaffing a warm half pint of choccy milk.

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

emilin_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
video games are the one source of joy for me. i have depression thats pretty severe and while its controlled now, i still dont feel happy. the only time i can break from it is while im dreaming, and even then it occasionally slips through. games are one of the only ways i can ignore the depression effectively.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
video games are the one source of joy for me. i have depression thats pretty severe and while its controlled now, i still dont feel happy. the only time i can break from it is while im dreaming, and even then it occasionally slips through. games are one of the only ways i can ignore the depression effectively.
For you:

40636-Ghost-Hug.gif

Reactions: CoolMe

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because both of my bf's, @JuanMena and @Flame , like 'em. I play as they're fighting over my balls like they're a chew toy. I don't know about Flame, but JuanMena is definitely into S&M . I had him lick the mud off my boots, lick 'em baby, lick 'em like a dog!

• Haha

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear. I also find that TV shows & anime gives you a similar yet different experience to playing games, mainly because of the length of the story,movies tend to be short about 1,2,3h etc. Not much, they can give a similar experience, unless it's a movie series you can binge.. while those (TV shows & anime) can go for a ridiculous amount of hours/eps, and that in itself is the key that helps in setting the immersiveness in this "fantasy" world so to speak, after only a few episodes you feel like you're attached to these characters, caring for them & wanting them to succeed, the world feels alive and has depth, and the consistent quality of the story telling only enriches the experience, thus forgetting about one self & one's problems. I don't see it as an escapism, more of a change in focus or perspective, you see the struggle in those characters and that could be relatable to you, because you understand exactly how they feel, and that other people can go through shit too not only you, and it's okay if stuff like that happens, because it is a part of the human condition.
While the interactive part is exclusive to video games, you can't control a character in a movie, but hypothesizing about what might happen or result, or who's the guy behind the mask etc. can provide a sense of freedom in thinking/choosing and it's helps in engaging/drawing you in instead of just "watching" things happen.
I hope you're well, cheers! :yay:
And sorry for the wall of text. :lol:

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's fun, to escape the real world a bit, and relax while doing so.

Well, "relaxing" when playing hard games isn't exactly something one actually does. It's kind of a chore if I keep dying over and over again, but then I get good and get to the next stage. Heh.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, "relaxing" when playing hard games isn't exactly something one actually does. It's kind of a chore if I keep dying over and over again, but then I get good and get to the next stage. Heh.
If there's one thing i hate about gaming is the creators usually doesn't respect the user/player's time/effort, specially in older games, though recent ones are still not quite there yet, and what i'm talking about is if i die closer to the end stage i have to have to go through the whole stage - again much prominent in older games and that's why i like emulators because you just make a snapshot and load it whenever you die- that's bullshit, and that's why i call it "not respecting the player's time..", why do i have to go through that whole shit just because i fail to see an enemy pattern at the end, or i failed a jump etc. ? and that goes for bosses too specially cheap ones. And that's probably no problem if you're young with time in your hands, and even then it's not justifiable, when you come from work and have like 2hrs and you want to progress quickly and then this shit starts happening? Add it to all the games waiting for you to play them.. And that goes for grinding in games too...
Now that's why i think games should give an option for instantaneous saves, and do i mean by that? It's basically you can take a snapshot/quicksave whenever you want in the game and load in to it whenever you want, and even in in missions /mid boss fights etc. This i believe is possible now with all the powerful hardware consoles/PCs now have. Cheers!

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
because both of my bf's, @JuanMena and @Flame , like 'em. I play as they're fighting over my balls like they're a chew toy. I don't know about Flame, but JuanMena is definitely into S&M . I had him lick the mud off my boots, lick 'em baby, lick 'em like a dog!
I actually enjoy BDSM a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: godreborn

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Is "hobby" no longer enough of an answer, everything has to be picked apart and assigned some doom and gloom undertone?
A distraction isn't necessarily depicting a dark undertone. Sometimes life just gets stressful and I need a break. Forgetting the world exists for a bit isn't exactly a bad thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ...