Hacking Discussion Why FreeShop is still possible on the Switch, and what should have been done to prevent it.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a "brick", or as we speak of just restricting the online features, do not hold down the main mass.
I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, because I'm generally confused by what your point even is. We were talking about hackers, not the main community of Switch gamers. If the kid who went online to hack "temporarily" doesn't care about his online, then he doesn't have a brick.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I've looked into it a bit.. Tx uses custom kips (forked from atmo). The significance of the image I tweeted last was that I dumped the backup loader and loaded it in ida lol. That image was in .data segment. I have to check if the nsp patch is a secmon patch.
Someone on here said a while ago that the necessary sig checks to patch are in FS, I don't know if that's true. Let us know what you find!

einfuchsdrache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LA Noire XCI and NPS dont work as the game uses the infrared sensor and SXOS doesn't have access to it. Vroom in the night sky had the wrong title key, this has now been fixed.
That, at least for vroom, is simply not true. The right titlekey has been out way longer than the NSP method. The game doesn't even load over LFS under SX OS. It runs fine under Atmosphere using the exact same setup.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only patched shogun.get, the least problematic bit, but not shogun.getwithidtoken or shogun.post...

The fact that they are patching it means this is basically a dead-end in the short to middle-term and was an oversight but not a critical flaw unfixable flaw as what FreeShop actually *was*, and since they did build in accountability its something they can and will track.

The whole idea of what FreeShop used to be is that this was unfixable and unaccountable but there are multiple ways for them to fix it, but server alterations take time and testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool