timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I know Microsoft's Support is going to be a while, I thought it might be more productive to post a problem I've been having here. I just got Xbox Live and I was looking forward to playing some games online, but so far, it's just one big disappointment. Whenever my Xbox begins to connect, my screen will freeze, and my controller will stop responding. The only thing I can do from there is power off with the power button on the Xbox, because nothing else responds. Is there a solution to this or has anyone had a similar problem? Preemptive thanks for the help.

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Have you run the standard test in System Settings->Network Settings?

Yep. Everything runs smoothly there. Anything that doesn't require a disc works too. Game Marketplace, Friends, Facebook, all that works except for Game discs.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
does it just say disconnected and what if you try and connect? it's not banned is it? does it freeze if there is an update to install or do you mean when you go to XboxLive on the game menu?
edit just read something

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
timishu said:
TrolleyDave said:
Have you run the standard test in System Settings->Network Settings?

Yep. Everything runs smoothly there. Anything that doesn't require a disc works too. Game Marketplace, Friends, Facebook, all that works except for Game discs.

Hmm, that's odd. Does it do it as soon as the disc starts spinning? Can you download stuff from XBL? Try grabbing the demo of Battlefield 1943 and seeing if that lets you connect to Live and let's you play. How old is the 360?

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I downloaded a demo from Xbox Live, and it was fine. The problem occurs when the game begins to connect to Xbox Live. For instance:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will run fine, but when going into multiplayer on live, the game will either not allow it, or freeze during the online play.

Mercenaries 2 World in Flames will not run unless I am disconnected from Live because it connects to Live as soon as it gets to the main title screen. In the upper right corner, I can see "Connecting to Xbox Live", and then the game will crash.

Thanks for the help, this is really a confusing problem.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
timishu said:
Ok, I downloaded a demo from Xbox Live, and it was fine. The problem occurs when the game begins to connect to Xbox Live. For instance:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will run fine, but when going into multiplayer on live, the game will either not allow it, or freeze during the online play.

Mercenaries 2 World in Flames will not run unless I am disconnected from Live because it connects to Live as soon as it gets to the main title screen. In the upper right corner, I can see "Connecting to Xbox Live", and then the game will crash.

Are you running them from the DVD or from Hard Drisk? If you're running them from DVD trying installing them to the hard disk first and seeing if that makes a difference.

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
timishu said:

Are you running them from the DVD or from Hard Drisk? If you're running them from DVD trying installing them to the hard disk first and seeing if that makes a difference.

Ok, tried it from the HDD, nothing different. Any other suggestions?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
timishu said:
Ok, tried it from the HDD, nothing different. Any other suggestions?

Have you got a firewall running on the router? If you are then make sure all the ports are forwarded correctly. Other than that, I'm now out of ideas. Hopefully someone else might have some more though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online