Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:
One Piece is complete crap. I didn't know they had that much of a bad taste, in Japan.

I know this comment is gonna come off as fanboyish, but have you even seen a good portion of it to know? Pretty much everyone who has seen One Piece and hated it has judged it on a very shallow level.
From the beginning up to the Skypiea arc, then followed the Enies Lobby arc a while. After that I couldn't stand it anymore.
...Does that suffice?
tongue.gif

I'll have to say no. You missed a lot of the character development that went on in the early episodes. Especially for Usopp and Robin. Not to mention the Skypiea arc is probably the worst major One Piece arc.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:
One Piece is complete crap. I didn't know they had that much of a bad taste, in Japan.

I know this comment is gonna come off as fanboyish, but have you even seen a good portion of it to know? Pretty much everyone who has seen One Piece and hated it has judged it on a very shallow level.
From the beginning up to the Skypiea arc, then followed the Enies Lobby arc a while. After that I couldn't stand it anymore.
...Does that suffice?
tongue.gif

I'll have to say no. You missed a lot of the character development that went on in the early episodes. Especially for Usopp and Robin. Not to mention the Skypiea arc is probably the worst major One Piece arc.
But I _saw_ the early episodes. And also the Enies Lobby arc.

Trust me, if I have to read/watch something for more than 250 episodes and 40 volumes before it gets any good... that means it sucks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:

...Does that suffice?
tongue.gif

Trust me, if I have to read/watch something for more than 250 episodes and 40 volumes before it gets any good... that means it sucks.
I'm not going to disagree with you, there.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:

I can understand your way of thinking. The thing is, One Piece has been going on for ten years at one episode a week, and a lot of us started watching closer to five years ago when it was much shorter. The length is worth it if you enjoy the characters and art style, but it probably is difficult for newcomers who watch that many episodes in such a short length of time. When I first watched it, I was 13 and it was with 4kids. Then I dropped it, then I learned about fansubs and watched the series once or twice a day for a year until I caught up. Just be glad it isn't as long as the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga.

Anyway, to put this back on topic, I read the Naruto manga up until the Chunin exam arc. Then I dropped it because I felt the series wasn't going anywhere. It wasn't too bad, but I wasn't particularly attached to any of the characters.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:

I can understand your way of thinking. The thing is, One Piece has been going on for ten years at one episode a week, and a lot of us started watching closer to five years ago when it was much shorter. The length is worth it if you enjoy the characters and art style, but it probably is difficult for newcomers who watch that many episodes in such a short length of time. When I first watched it, I was 13 and it was with 4kids. Then I dropped it, then I learned about fansubs and watched the series once or twice a day for a year until I caught up. Just be glad it isn't as long as the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga.

Anyway, to put this back on topic, I read the Naruto manga up until the Chunin exam arc. Then I dropped it because I felt the series wasn't going anywhere. It wasn't too bad, but I wasn't particularly attached to any of the characters.
Well... Same here! I started watching it in 2001 (the time when it started airing here), when I was 13, and I stopped following it something like 2 years ago. That means I've watched it for... almost 8 years.
(I've read the entire Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga in 2 weeks
smileipb2.png
And something like 330 chapters of GANTZ in just one night
wacko.gif
Gantz hooked me massively. With Jojo it was hard to find all the scanlations, and at the time Part 6 wasn't even entirely finished. I'm now buying the manga because I really like the series
tongue.gif
)

By the way, trying to steer this ontopic again, I sincerely hate Sasuke. It's an uber-stereotypated whiny character. Naruto's a LOT better. And the Chuunin exam arc was AWESOME. One of my favourite arcs. Back then, Naruto was still a manga about a kid who had problems getting acknowledged... now's a it's all about kids fighting in a world-war
unsure.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:

Well... Same here! I started watching it in 2001 (the time when it started airing here), when I was 13, and I stopped following it something like 2 years ago. That means I've watched it for... almost 8 years.
smileipb2.png
wacko.gif
Gantz hooked me massively. With Jojo it was hard to find all the scanlations, and at the time Part 6 wasn't even entirely finished. I'm now buying the manga because I really like the series
tongue.gif
)

By the way, trying to steer this ontopic again, I sincerely hate Sasuke. It's an uber-stereotypated whiny character. Naruto's a LOT better. And the Chuunin exam arc was AWESOME. One of my favourite arcs. Back then, Naruto was still a manga about a kid who had problems getting acknowledged... now's a it's all about kids fighting in a world-war
unsure.gif
4th Shinobi World War! lol
My little bro wants to take side with Madara LOL.

I really hope they are done with the fillers now and get going with the War -.-

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
raulpica said:

smileipb2.png
wacko.gif
tongue.gif
)

Well dip me and call me a nacho
blink.gif

(No idea what this means)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just more filler and the way its heading a lot more "waste of time" to come.

I just did the maths.. its like 50 episodes per year and from that, more than 30 episodes are fillers lol.
Will the story ever finish
tongue.gif

I dont think there will be an end. Same with almost all anime.. Naruto will NEVER be a Hokage.
Luffy will never be Pirate King :/

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The simple reason for it being so popular is that people started watching it from the start and got entangled into the story line of the loner naruto befriended by others and sasuke the so called last of his clan finding out the truth of his clan and how they got exterminated, wrap all that and add in a bunch of ninjas with kick arse abilities make one hell of an anime in my opinion.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hunter291 said:
kevan said:
Luffy is too cool to be pirate fag!

Que ?¿
It was redirected to me probably, because I said animes never really have a proper ending.
Luffy will never be the Pirate King or Naruto will NEVER be hokage.
Its just how Anime's end.

I cant even remember how Ranma 1/2 ended. I always wished that Ranma turns normal and marries Akane, but it was just too long ago.. I cant even remember what happend lol.

Back to Naruto: More filler in the anime -.- I will probably skip the next few weeks.

edit: lol kevan. or maybe wasnt refering to me
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
hunter291 said:
kevan said:
Luffy is too cool to be pirate fag!

Que ?¿
It was redirected to me probably, because I said animes never really have a proper ending.
Luffy will never be the Pirate King or Naruto will NEVER be hokage.
Its just how Anime's end.

I cant even remember how Ranma 1/2 ended. I always wished that Ranma turns normal and marries Akane, but it was just too long ago.. I cant even remember what happend lol.

Back to Naruto: More filler in the anime -.- I will probably skip the next few weeks.

edit: lol kevan. or maybe wasnt refering to me
tongue.gif
I know, Ranma and Akane seemed like a good couple, but the miracle never happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also a food allergy study would be a good idea