Hacking Why isn't there a community made backup loader project yet?

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder why every single thread on this damn forum is about rumors, speculations, attempts to be some kind of official news reporter, people whinin against devs, and people that hates search engines and makes the same threads over and over again. The only reason why we don't have backup loaders and CFWs yet (except for Brick OS) is because devs actually care about writing decent code that works, because otherwise it would brick your console and you'd whine like a little baby and insult them. Have some patience or buy SX OS. And if I know this stuff, is because I did some research instead of opening countless threads. My level and messages number don't increase, but at least I don't flood the forum with useless threads

Well it's easy to find informations about CFWs but it's not for backup loaders, my topic is relevant, I have not seen anyone here make any similar one, you only see retarded threads about cracking SX OS/using LayeredFS to pirate games, I am not impatient, I am simply curious, how is that hard to understand? I like to know what's up with the dev/hackers community and possibly gather enough knowledge to make my own opinions instead of just waiting for things to get delivered...

Anyway for the people who actually contributed to the thread, thank you for your answers, some of you may have confirmed my guess that for now the people who are skilled enough to make this kind of thing happen just won't do it for ideological reasons but at least they are not totally hostile to piracy like it was for the 3ds.

I hope we see some improvements with that in the future, hopefully after atmosphère's release some people will be motivated enough to make an xci lodaer :))

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Why don't you stop being so LAZY AND MAKE IT YOURSELF YOU P-

just kidding. But I think REI is on it and like others said, moral issues, people don't want to get in trouble, not a lot of people have such a high skill, etc.
But we should have one soon if sxos gets cracked (I bought it) or if we get an open source one.
I know we have LayeredFS but it's not meant for that use and it has a lot of inconveniences, some games won't run properly or won't save...etc.

I think we should have a real xci loader and I wonder why nothing was announced about this, are there technical limitations that wouldn't allow this yet? are people afraid of legal troubles? are people uninterested in developing such a tool?

I'm mostly here to collect plausible explanations and not to complain so if you post in here just to tell me to stop complaining and buy an SX dongle you can just leave...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason one does not exist is because no one has got the ball rolling, persisted and got a team of people together to manage it.

That first person doesn't need to be a great coder, or even a coder at all. They just need plenty of time and drive and the right approach.

Reactions: Idaho

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want something, you program it yourself. If you don't got the skills, then sit back and STFU.

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
You want something, you program it yourself. If you don't got the skills, then sit back and STFU.
Harsh but ultimately true.

I know that C# is obviously C based, but I wonder if me also learning C in my spare time would cause confusion when going back to C#, or would it help me be a more rounded programer ?

It can't hurt to look into it at least, it is an interesting puzzle (learning C).

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I don't think it's possible with the current state of the CFW. A lot of homebrews are also at a standstill due to that. Without a proper platform (Atmosphere) there isn't much that can be done as we don't have free access to modify the system.

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
This seems to be a bigger problem with nintendo consoles hacking scene. I don't remember Playstation scene has this many anti-piracy devs.

Just my observation from 3DS and Switch scenes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: vpd

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This seems to be a bigger problem with nintendo consoles hacking scene. I don't remember Playstation scene has this many anti-piracy devs.

Just my observation from 3DS and Switch scenes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you're wrong.. but I don't think you're right either...

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the pros in the scene either call for moral issues about it and others just wants a lot of attention and they don't just stick in doing a good job but about bragging and creating some drama.

Just look at last Rei's video, just showing a spash screen and saying he's made a CFW. A CFW that does nothing at all but show an image when booting the console.
first off NERD thats an actual thing, his website that holds all of their stuff even has it with a github link(coming soon) which means itll get released as soon as they finish it so it wasnt just to cause drama but to show people they're doing something

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bucause the scene is full of hypocrites, they all say no piracy lol same BS every other console has had in the past.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there, we can’t have piracy and then makes a back door into the system, it’s like a self-imposed badge of honour

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, if you wanna buy the Gateway card... or Sky3DS. >:(
*sees e-mail claiming 100k downloads of S OS*
(Yes, I'm aware that doesn't include sales but it gets the point across)
Clearly other people are willing to do it so let them spend their money however they want. It just would be nice if there was a free alternative.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
*sees e-mail claiming 100k downloads of S OS*
(Yes, I'm aware that doesn't include sales but it gets the point across)
Clearly other people are willing to do it so let them spend their money however they want. It just would be nice if there was a free alternative.
I was talking about 3ds vs CIA.. Oh my..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1