MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
we are humans, our joy comes from interacting with other people, eating, seeing new things, exercise

modern internet age has left a lot of us indoors and separated from all of the things that naturally make us happy
As much as I love the internet, it's actively robbed me of my creativity. It's crippled my ability to come up with new, fresh ideas. It's a distraction, it's uninspiring, and everyone else seems to have already stolen many of my ideas for things. Cell phones have also dumbed us down in just 1 human generation, and that's staggering to me. So when people ask me why I'm not happy anymore and why life is boring, there you go.^

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
modern internet age has left a lot of us indoors and separated from all of the things that naturally make us happy

I will always remember those days back in intermediate school where I would just be hanging out doing shenanigans outside on my own. Now I can only do shenanigans inside Terraria and the games that I play. I mean, I could do them right now outside, but like you said, modern internet has pulled us away from living in that reality.
Post automatically merged:

The only reason my life sucks nowadays is cause of my self-isolation towards speaking to people. Speaking to others has hasn't been this nerve racking as when I was a smol child. I mean, back then I would still be nerve racking, but if you were to say somehting homo/trans phobic to someone, you would literally get the internet equivalent of getting shot of the head. I don't say anything that would be considered offensive, but I do tend to say things that I don't know the definition of and people are not smart to realize that and still try to go shooting me off of the internet without knowing the truth.

Tbh, unless you're like, an adult or something, most wouldn't even probably know to care about the truth of someone or something at this point.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we get bored more easily now because we glut ourselves on constant consumption of media and digital content. There's never a down moment.

Tell me when the last time you went to the bathroom to drop a deuce without your phone, tablet or laptop. Go ahead. Lie to me.

We get bored because we are overstimulated from the moment we wake up. The only way around it is to be MORE bored and then maybe find more joy in breaking the monotony after awhile.

I need to go camping.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
As much as I love the internet, it's actively robbed me of my creativity. It's crippled my ability to come up with new, fresh ideas. It's a distraction, it's uninspiring, and everyone else seems to have already stolen many of my ideas for things. Cell phones have also dumbed us down in just 1 human generation, and that's staggering to me. So when people ask me why I'm not happy anymore and why life is boring, there you go.^
get a backpack and start walking the world. I really mean it. You live in a bubble, I'm sure you already realized that, so pop it, and go get knowledge elsewhere. The world is big, you will find something somewhere that will please you.

Reactions: x65943

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tell me when the last time you went to the bathroom to drop a deuce without your phone, tablet or laptop. Go ahead. Lie to me.

This morning, Yesterday, day before that...
Last time I took my phone with me when taking a poop was a couple of weeks ago.
I don't own a tablet and I never took my laptop with me.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well would you agree with that it’s complete sensoral deprivation? I heard that both one guy from Czech Republic nicknamed LEOTCK and another guy Zeur from Neatherlands got affected by so-called White Room Tortures.

Attachments

• IMG_6663.png
    IMG_6663.png
    480 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by Luke94,
  • Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well would you agree with that it’s complete sensoral deprivation? I heard that both one guy from Czech Republic nicknamed LEOTCK and another guy Zeur from Neatherlands got affected by so-called White Room Tortures.
Do you understand that this is a serious thread? Not to spew out random theories.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you understand that this is a serious thread? Not to spew out random theories.
I’m also deadly serious right now it’s not even so-called jokes aside…etc.
Post automatically merged:

If you don’t have like literally no obssessions and no mental illnesses then in that case you won’t even need it in the first place…etc.

Last edited by Luke94,

amusingmuse22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I guess I'm lucky that I still find tons of everyday stuff so entertaining that in general, I don't think life is boring at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer