why life is... really boring

Deleted member 591971

OP
Trophies
XP
Very mature observations, OP.

All I'll say is, you seem to be spending a whole lot of time focusing on the 12 years you are being "forced to study", and not very much time considering the 60-70 years of living with the consequences of what you did during those 12 years.
mature but i am mentally 5 seconds old. anyways those are 12 years that you can waste in better ways.
It looks like you're in the US, which means that when you're done with your initial studies and graduate high school you have the choice to pursue further education or not. Don't let anyone pressure you into going into higher education if you don't feel like it. There are plenty of people that make life work out just fine without a higher education.
I never pursued college, I pursued music against my parents wishes and while it took a long time to get my foot in the door, I have been doing pretty well for myself. You can make it in this world not doing something you completely hate. It's up to you, if you want to live a lifestyle with stability and solid well paying job, well then, yeah, maybe college is the way to go, but if you don't want to go to college and/or have a passion you want to pursue then I say go for that instead.
no, latin america,venezuela. it is worse, so much worse. even if laws are broken on here your parents force you, i do not want to go to college but i have to just to make my parents happy, they won't shut up about it, almost if that is the only thing they think about. "in latin america it is necessary to study in college or you will be homeless"
Idk man have you tried playing video games?
yes, sonic 1, sonic 2, sonic 3, sonic cd, sonic mania, minecraft, mario kart, luigi's mansion, call of duty im not even done yet, super mario galaxy super mario galaxy 2, cuphead with a+. cuphead dlc. they make me feel worse about myself.

life is about feeling good
yeah ofcourse, going to discusting school and not getting a social life. then work forever, always alone.

also please understand that is like 3am, yes i am not sleeping.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are born, you do nothing and care a shit about it, then have to study for 12 years and if you repeat the year you have to study more, then you have to study 6 years more + 10 years if you want "more chances to get a job", marriage, divorce, retire and die. school is forced by the law so you have to study for 12 years even if you don't want to. parents the only thing that they want you to do for life is to STUDY.

alright so i am on the six layers of fcking hell, i went to venezuela which is a "horrible" place to live, it isn't "that bad", some stuff is more expensive, other stuff A TON CHEAPER, the electricity hasn't gone out for like 3 months. why there isn't water. well guys i have no vacations because i have to START SCHOOL FCKING TOMORROW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.

anyways lets ignore that and get back to the topic, when i went to the house the router was a cantv router which does not work anymore (a public router which you had to pay less than 5 cents to use. about 5 bolivars which is so stupidly low for today's standars) so i didn't had internet for 3 days, today right now the internet guys setted up the entire thing so that i can use wifi now. what happened? my friend just died because i didn't chat with her for 3 days lol

You want to loose friends? Just do not talk with them for 3 nanoseconds. anyways i am going to flash my phone with lineageos because right here i can't make calls for some reason so there is absolutely no point to using the stock rom if the calls are not gonna work (the calls on a20s do not work for some reason)
There's certainly a lot of anger stored inside of you and no one will genuinely understand what you're going through to comprehend it. Now, you say "I went to Venezuela" so where were you before that?

The governments of Latin/South American countries make it very hard for the people to live their lives and understandably a lot try to escape them by going to Canada, America, England, Spain, Portugal, or Mexico (even with the cartel problem they have, if they're willing to switch from let's say Colombia or Venezula to Mexico then it's probably still an improvement).

Brazil looked promising when Bolsonaro was in power, but now it's Lula again and things just don't look good at all. For example, if people there want welfare support they'll need to get a medical injection to be eligible... If people can be financially independent then they should rather than rely on a government to do so.

However, Brazil is part of the BRICS so all is not lost unless Lula decides to pull Brazil out of the BRICS (if that were possible).

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you are born, you do nothing and care a shit about it, then have to study for 12 years and if you repeat the year you have to study more, then you have to study 6 years more + 10 years if you want "more chances to get a job", marriage, divorce, retire and die. school is forced by the law so you have to study for 12 years even if you don't want to. parents the only thing that they want you to do for life is to STUDY.
you are allowed quit study as soon as the mandatory school is over and do shit, then u will regret u won't ABLE to find a respectful job with sufficient wage to live a common life as getting a spouse, make a family or raise a child.

And if u live the Great American Empire u won't even able to pay expensive hospital bills and inevitably gonna die prematurely.

Then u will regret so hard why u didn't pursue higher education when u had such opportunity.

Of course playing videogames will make u happy, have u played videogame today?

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
life was never supposed to be fun and a majority of us have it easier now than most of our ancestors ever did, some of our ancestors probably didn't even get experience a fraction of the amount of fun that we enjoy in their entire lives.

Life is about finding value in the time when you're not forced to be bored. Our lives will be wasted by stuff like work and school and studying, and we have to use that free space to create or enjoy or try something different. The curse of being human is that there's only value in time when we don't have it, and when we have as much of it as we want we waste it.

Unless you plan on becoming a luddite and a hermit we're mostly stuck conforming to the world around us. It's evolution to stick together in a society even if you hate the society you're stuck to, so for now you have 2 choices: You can say, "Life sucks ughhh i hate modern societyy," or you can try to find satisfaction in small moments until you push through your struggle.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are allowed quit study as soon as the mandatory school is over and do shit, then u will regret u won't ABLE to find a respectful job with sufficient wage to live a common life as getting a spouse, make a family or raise a child.
People can have a piece of paper which shows they're qualified for the job role, but can they actually do it? Do they have the talent and experience? That's another thing entirely.

There are jackasses who buy driver licenses and do they actually know how to drive? Do they know the rules and laws? Other than the basics, probably not.

And if u live the Great American Empire u won't even able to pay expensive hospital bills and inevitably gonna die prematurely.
And the "free" hospitals are better? It's "free" because taxpayers pay for it.

For example, the U.K.'s National Health Service will sooner or later collapse as they just keep making extremely poor decisions on where they use the cash injection they get and then they act surprised they get backlash.

Then u will regret so hard why u didn't pursue higher education when u had such opportunity.
There are online courses for that.

Deleted member 591971

OP
Trophies
XP
Life, is only what You make of it. :teach:
and what you are forced to do.
If you commit a war crime, life will never be boring!
ah yes, running from the police for life, so you committed destruction of property, vandalism, disorderly conduct, extreme negligence, reckless evading, indecent exposure, assault, 3rd degree manslaughter, parking legally,2nd dregree manslaughter. right?
There's certainly a lot of anger stored inside of you and no one will genuinely understand what you're going through to comprehend it. Now, you say "I went to Venezuela" so where were you before that?

The governments of Latin/South American countries make it very hard for the people to live their lives and understandably a lot try to escape them by going to Canada, America, England, Spain, Portugal, or Mexico (even with the cartel problem they have, if they're willing to switch from let's say Colombia or Venezula to Mexico then it's probably still an improvement).

Brazil looked promising when Bolsonaro was in power, but now it's Lula again and things just don't look good at all. For example, if people there want welfare support they'll need to get a medical injection to be eligible... If people can be financially independent then they should rather than rely on a government to do so.

However, Brazil is part of the BRICS so all is not lost unless Lula decides to pull Brazil out of the BRICS (if that were possible).
before still latin america, Panama. the most expensive country of all time, wait no venezuela is really weird but a lot of stuff is more expensive.

Of course playing videogames will make u happy, have u played videogame today?
will i regret it? maybe, i quit school and then my parents will kill me because of it.
yes, completed sonic 1 and ended with anger thanks to labyrinth zone, completed sonic cd for the 6th time in a row.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what you are forced to do.

ah yes, running from the police for life, so you committed destruction of property, vandalism, disorderly conduct, extreme negligence, reckless evading, indecent exposure, assault, 3rd degree manslaughter, parking legally,2nd dregree manslaughter. right?

before still latin america, Panama. the most expensive country of all time, wait no venezuela is really weird but a lot of stuff is more expensive.

will i regret it? maybe, i quit school and then my parents will kill me because of it.
yes, completed sonic 1 and ended with anger thanks to labyrinth zone, completed sonic cd for the 6th time in a row.

As I said, and reading this. You Are What Your Life Turns Out To BE.

Which do you wish to be:

:sad:

or

:D

Reactions: OM3GAZX

OM3GAZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are studying to become a reputable and recognizable person in life. Even though most of our generation is f*cked, I do my best to become someone that can at least make a change in this world. You should too.

Otherwise, you will be a nobody, wandering on the streets or living with your mom as a Reddit mod. Trust me, it isn't a good life.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I try to make my life enjoyable. My wife and I always look for interesting ways to spend our days. Sometimes we go on dates, sometimes hikes, maybe play some video games together or enjoy anime, and just find ways to make life fun. Studying also doesn't have to be boring, but it can be. I've found rewarding myself after my studies to be a nice way to ensure even the most boring of topics are at least met with something at the end. It's a nice motivator to finish working on a paper after hours of working on it and then rewarding myself with anything from a few hours of gaming to a nice hit of the green stuff.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Life expectancy is getting bigger due to medical advances. As a result, all the life stages have been streched out (we study more, work more, etc.) Learning will prove to be very useful throught your life (even if school sucks most of the time) so you better get used to it.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's fine to be forced to study forever?
If you wanto to be a Joe nobody then sure, your call. When I look at people resume before an interview, it's always level of educations, skills, experience, willingness to learn and something like people skills and what not. If it's not decent enough, we don't even bother getting back to them.

Hey, it's your life though so do whatever you want. If you want to quit school, then do it. Don't let your dream be just a dream or whatever. Or you can always go online and bitch about it.

Last edited by Ettino,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters +1