Status
Not open for further replies.

tajio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why!? I mean come on sending out an unfinished product to their customers is just ... stupid, I guess. I really want the Movie Playback feature, but no, they "need more time to develop it" and the SNES emu is not ready yet, GBA emu is not working properly for some games.

I spent $40 on this. I heard that Supercard lied in the past. But I am willing to wait.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well as a flashcart it's not too bad, since NDS support is on par with other carts. It's just the extra stuff that's nowhere to be seen. I've been wondering why they didn't use Iplayer's video player, if they claim dstwo uses the same hardware? At least GBA emulator is the same for both. I am very seriously in doubt about the SNES emulator though. I don't think it will be ready for a while, unless they release a SDK or something like that.

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they are 2 different type of snes emulator app, the supercard team should port if for now untill they can come up with a better 1

but i dont care about snes feature. it just a idea.

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because , not every guy want a media feature or snes emu or whatever

and i think lots of people want the scdstwo now and not so late

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why hate on it? The SuperCard team is still the best team for updates, so it won't take too long till you see your beloved SNES emulator. And there's been a firmware update just now for the DSTWO, so go download it. Meanwhile, regarding the SNES emulation, just play the games on an emulator, jeeze. Impatient people.

tajio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamthemilkman said:
Amen. This is the last time I get caught in hype.

Same. I'll just wait for things to be completely finished and then buy it, I'll consider a lesson learn't. It's not to bad if they do actually release the promised features sometime soon
smile.gif
but the NDS support is good I guess plus EOS is sweet.

But I bet some can make a homebrew media player for SCDStwo, it's possible.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god... all people can do is whine, whine and whine.
Yes, they did have problems with the card, and half of the features are not in it yet, but they did promise them. Supercard Team is a trusted team, so they will definitely fulfill their promises.

The only reason they did release it early is because many have been waiting for it, and many shops already had it pre-ordered. The team promised the card to come out already in new years eve, but had many problems with it... you can't blame them for releasing it earlier, they had no choice - people have been waiting for ages... I mean, what do you prefer: having the card now and the features several weeks later, or getting the card with all the features together but only after a while?

And I don't see the problem with the price... you can get it for like $33 at priceangels.
I mean - come on! you can't cry about that, the iPlayer costs more and doesn't offer half the features the SC2 does (or will).

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also find it funny how people complain about the price when a ds game can cost nearly as much.
Besides, from what I hear it's only the new features that people are complaining about. Those will be fixed eventually, but the NDS compatibility and GUI seem very good.
People just want everything right away
sleep.gif

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it stands though, there are better options for cheaper.

If and when the Suprcard team fixes everything and makes right, then I'll praise the Supercard DSTWO. Right now it gets a C or C-.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iamthemilkman said:

If and when the Suprcard team fixes everything and makes right, then I'll praise the Supercard DSTWO. Right now it gets a C or C-.
Oh yeah? Tell me about them then, cos I'm interested in what you think could possibly be better. And if you dare suggest AceKard or Cyclo, I'll kick you in the nuts. Those cards are dead. The only support they get is by the community, the teams do absolutely nothing and just sit on their lazy bums.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OMG people? Really? Would you people stop complaining already? It's not finished, big whoop, give them time to finish the firmware. No card on the market was released with a perfect track record. So enough of this already and just stop acting like a child and wait for them to finish it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
As it is right now, it is a finished product because it works with what it has. The additional software packages are just that, additions. If the package didn't work, then that's considered an unfinished product. Nothing is perfect at launch, just look at Microsoft. People complain about their stuff, but they use it nonetheless.

And to each person complaining, go ahead and make a better product. You can't? Then sit down, shut your mouth, and have a little patience.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamthemilkman said:

"Better options"? Can you find me a card that plays GBA roms and NDS roms on the DSi?
And don't start saying that the GBA emulator sucks or something like that, because so far it's 'aint that bad.

I've been reading your comments about the card, and all you do is whine about it.
You didn't even give it a chance... trying to sell it already after receiving it.
Not trying to judge you or anything like that, but you should definitely give it some time.
Look at that other topic for an example - Kentoss already changed his mind about it.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iamthemilkman said:

But there aren't better options for cheaper. What slot-1 only carts offer both GBA and RTS right now? And which ones can be updated in the future to obtain the features of the DS2? I may only feel this way because I bought this cart mostly for the GBA, but after owning an AKRPG I can see what features the DS2 has in advantage.

If SC were to delay the card again, we'd probably hear a lot more people complaining about that.

D

Deleted-236924

Aw, come on. The SCDSTWO is finished.
Open up yours and tell me, is there anything missing on the PCB?

The real question is "Why not release the SCDSTWO now?"

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iamthemilkman said:
Are you suggesting the only other 2 cards?
huh.gif

There are 2 slot 1 cards with GBA support
The Ex4 and the iPlayer. And the Ex4 isn't out (As far as I know)
And if your suggesting slot2 cards, that doesn't help with the DSi. So I fail to see the point in what you are suggesting there.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Even without these features this card is better than all other carts in any price range.

I don't see why all you people complain.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
iamthemilkman said:
huh.gif

The Ex4 and the iPlayer. And the Ex4 isn't out (As far as I know) And the iPlayer's GBA emulator is crap compared to the Supercard two GBA emulation.
And if your suggesting slot2 cards, that doesn't help with the DSi. So I fail to see the point in what you are suggesting there.

GBA Emulator is crap compared to the Supercard's? As far as I can tell they're friggin identical.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Saddamsdevil said:
Even without these features this card is better than all other carts in any price range.

I don't see why all you people complain.
I guess because they want their cake and some pie on the side

GreatCrippler said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
QUOTE(iamthemilkman @ May 22 2010, 04:14 PM) As it stands though, there are better options for cheaper.
huh.gif

The Ex4 and the iPlayer. And the Ex4 isn't out (As far as I know) And the iPlayer's GBA emulator is crap compared to the Supercard two GBA emulation.

GBA Emulator is crap compared to the Supercard's? As far as I can tell they're friggin identical.
It's crap in that I mean the GBA emulation as supporting team compared to the iPlayer. So I mean it's not any better now, but later it will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...