Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The U is supposed to represent Nintendos goal with this console, to make a console with the pick-up-and-play fun of the Wii that made it such a hit with families, and the Hardcore gaming experience of a HD console, something thats often ment to be played in couples or some groups of friends or alone, hence the U. Its actually quite a clever name when you look at it.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Were there any other guessing names before it was officially announced "Wii U"? Like the Revolution.
Revolution was the official code name. For the Wii U it was Project Cafe, and for Gamecube it was Dolphin. They weren't "guessing names".
Oooh, okay. Now I know. Thank you.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Were there any other guessing names before it was officially announced "Wii U"? Like the Revolution.
Revolution was the official code name. For the Wii U it was Project Cafe, and for Gamecube it was Dolphin. They weren't "guessing names".
Oooh, okay. Now I know. Thank you.
Like pretty much everyone outside of Nintendo, I wish they had stuck with Revolution.

Just a little side-note, DS is both a codename and official name. DS stands for Dual-Screen, and people liked the way DS sounded, so they never changed the name.

Reactions: 1 person

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Like pretty much everyone outside of Nintendo, I wish they had stuck with Revolution.

Uhhh let me fix that for you....

like a small group of hardcore gamers, who are probably quite well represented on this forum but still are only a tiny percentage of the total market for the Wii, I wish they had stuck with Revolution

yes :) that looks better

D

Deleted_171835

wrzyU.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1