Homebrew Question Why won't my FTPD work?

TheRealMrBuushy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Nintendo switch that is on atmosphere 19.0.4 and firmware version 12.0.2

I have added the port 5000 to inbound and outbound, allowed FTPD and FTP programs to private and public domain and even eventually disabled my firewall on my computer completely and tried using either FileZilla, WinSCP or FlashEXP to connect to my Nintendo switch while having either FTPD classic opened, FTPD pro opened or sys-ftpd-light installed (when testing all, the others were not installed).

I have put my switch internal IP as the host and my port as 5000.

It says "Could not connect to server". I have worked it out to be the switch's problem.

Why won't my switch allow incoming connections for FTP?

Last edited by TheRealMrBuushy,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a Nintendo switch that is on atmosphere 19.0.4 and firmware version 12.0.2

I have added the port 5000 to inbound and outbound, allowed FTPD and FTP programs to private and public domain and even eventually disabled my firewall on my computer completely and tried using either FileZilla, WinSCP or FlashEXP to connect to my Nintendo switch while having either FTPD classic opened, FTPD pro opened or sys-ftpd-light installed (when testing all, the others were not installed).

I have put my IP as the host and my port as 5000.

It says "Could not connect to server". I have worked it out to be the switch's problem.

What from client?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have put my IP as the host and my port as 5000.

You shouldn't have to add your port to inbound or out, it's all on your local network (unless trying on different networks) just start up ftpd and use something like filezilla and connect. Could you include screenshots of the switch and ftp setup for pc and switch please?

Reactions: Hayato213

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You don't should open the port to WAN to work on local network, this is a security issue and people can put or delete files of your Switch if they know your public IP address.

You should use the LAN IP's, 192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x, the host should be the LAN IP of your Switch.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't should open the port to WAN to work on local network, this is a security issue and people can put or delete files of your Switch if they know your public IP address.

You should use the LAN IP's, 192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x, the host should be the LAN IP of your Switch.
Agreed, use internal network

TheRealMrBuushy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You shouldn't have to add your port to inbound or out, it's all on your local network (unless trying on different networks) just start up ftpd and use something like filezilla and connect. Could you include screenshots of the switch and ftp setup for pc and switch please?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I meant sorry... I meant to say my switches internal IP

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_011414__01.jpg
    IMG_20210628_011414__01.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20210628_011525__01.jpg
    IMG_20210628_011525__01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit me, when I pressed HB Store app and typed FTPD and press FTPD and pressed download, it must of been a dream
idk if the hbstore is updated right away but I recommend using github for the latest release.

Are you connecting with ftp or sftp?

TheRealMrBuushy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idk if the hbstore is updated right away but I recommend using github for the latest release.
latest is 3.1.0

Are you connecting with ftp or sftp?
I'm pretty sure FTP, anyway to check?

Attachments

• 16248398788183906762059067994068.jpg
    16248398788183906762059067994068.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 335

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1