Hacking Why you deserve a 5.5 kernel exploit, but also why you can't have one

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I hear is a whole lot of people talking, people talking about people talking and nobody doing.
Tsk, it would amazing if the Wii U scene could take notes from the 3DS scene. It's amazing. The 3DS scene is alive and strong! (Not in terms of the amount of exploits, since that depends on the actual system, but more or less the community. People weren't really scared to release stuff for the 3DS, iirc.)

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Your wasting your time. Such ideas are not allowed. This thread will soon be locked. I know, I said basically the same thing in a thread I started. And it got locked.
they keep on locking them'cause of the first lines of this Thread, hope admins start to ban people like @Azeryn instead of locking threads with absolutely anything harmless to community

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, man, those are some pretty interesting points that have been brought up.

It has already been stated that the 5.5.x kernel exploit(s) won't be released until either a completely alternate exploit has surfaced, public or not, or Nintendo patches the initial one. However, Nintendo may theoretically be too busy working on the NX to care about accepting the homebrewers' challenge of patching the exploit without their code, as the latest Wii U firmware was 5.5.1 for months now. So, for both sides, everything is at a standstill (I wouldn't considering everything on the homebrew side dead just yet.... who knows?).

EDIT: If I remember correctly, the real reason why the related threads that came before this one were either deleted or locked is because of the responses that normally spawn from those threads, such as "Well, yeah, the Wii U homebrew scene is dead, we should move on," or "You lied to me, <insert name of homebrew developer here>, you said you'd release it on such and such date!" If you guys were to remove your head from your anuses for five minutes, you'd be posting in the appropriate fashion.

Last edited by PeeJay Bonobo,
Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Tsk, it would amazing if the Wii U scene could take notes from the 3DS scene. It's amazing. The 3DS scene is alive and strong!
Well, the 3DS scene is amazing because exploits (and ways to use them) are released. If the ARM9 kernel exploit for 9.2 hadn't been released, we would still be stuck on 4.5 with only MSET as an entrypoint, no N3DS support, and a *lot* less awesome homebrew/utilities to use.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kafluke - Seems to be the pot calling the kettle black. I guess you read every post on this web site and then pretend to be the all mighty police patrol..

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the 3DS scene is amazing because exploits (and ways to use them) are released. If the ARM9 kernel exploit for 9.2 hadn't been released, we would still be stuck on 4.5 with only MSET as an entrypoint, no N3DS support, and a *lot* less awesome homebrew/utilities to use.
Yeah, a recent one that comes to mind is svchax (which works up to the latest firmware, 10.7). The dev just went out and released it one day, boom, out of nowhere. He didn't say, "oh, gotta wait until this it patched". No, he just released it. This is the type of stuff I want to see more.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
What i can guarantee : MN1 and his juvenile collegues wont release their Exploit. But an alternative exploit will follow.. that is when you will have your exploit and no time sooner... endless threads with different angles wont help you get it any quicker...many have tried and failed.... now if your a dev with any form of history or POC's im sure MN1 would pass on the exploit to you , but it would only be to pre dev something for when a proper release is annouced/allowed. MN1 will have you sign his NDA :).

either that or leak it .../sarcasm

D

Deleted-355425

Yeah, a recent one that comes to mind is svchax (which works up to the latest firmware, 10.7). The dev just went out and released it one day, boom, out of nowhere. He didn't say, "oh, gotta wait until this it patched". No, he just released it. This is the type of stuff I want to see more.

ive not heard of svchax got a link?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not release this now and then IOS U in the future? With 3DS hacking seen, many discoveries has been made with exploits, and I'd imagine IOS U would either be more documented and worked on till then. 3DS hacking is amazing now, with new discoveries like A9LH, streaming, cia installs via wifi, and cheats, and tons more you couldn't do it before.

Reactions: Supster131

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
On the ps4 side we have obtained full system control in 2.5 years after release while we're still waiting with only partial access after 3 years. Everything progress quickly when there's less circle jerk

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the ps4 side we have obtained full system control in 2.5 years after release while we're still waiting with only partial access after 3 years. Everything progress quickly when there's less circle jerk
There's not much to say about the PS4 because that's pretty new. Hell, I'm keeping my hopes pretty low because this is Sony we're talking about. Look how secure post-3.55 PS3s are.

D

Deleted-355425

There's not much to say about the PS4 because that's pretty new. Hell, I'm keeping my hopes pretty low because this is Sony we're talking about. Look how secure post-3.55 PS3s are.

im sure we will see more action later in the year when all attention gets put on the PS4K and the older ps4 gets 'forgotten about'

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like nintendo is aware that Devs want them to fix the exploit to release it so they aren't going to fix it on purpose.

This is certainly plausible. Nintendo doesn't ignore talk of exploits and possible release conditions. They may even know of exploits themselves and have fixes for them already, but don't want to bother pushing any of the patches out until their corresponding exploit is released because of reasoning like AtlasFontaine's.

Reactions: Supster131

ultracamp

lol wut
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The Wii U is basically end of life. It's cool if there's no exploit released, but it's a dick move to announce it, build up lots of hype, then disappear off the internet.

If you're going to disappear, at least release what you have done. I don't buy it for one second that Hykem was "raided" or whatever bullshit. He straight up didn't have the release complete or ended up running into an issue that he couldn't get around.

If he was to get raided, it would of happened a whole long time ago.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is basically end of life. It's cool if there's no exploit released, but it's a dick move to announce it, build up lots of hype, then disappear off the internet.

If you're going to disappear, at least release what you have done. I don't buy it for one second that Hykem was "raided" or whatever bullshit. He straight up didn't have the release complete or ended up running into an issue that he couldn't get around.

If he was to get raided, it would of happened a whole long time ago.
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/722577207797780481?s=09

Reactions: RealityNinja

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
for sure, this is what happened with 3DS Scene, after Reisyukaku release all his work, we began to have more and more options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @pball79, hi new one