Hardware WiFi adapter has godawful speeds

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an internal WiFi adapter, the TP-Link AC1300, which seems to be getting actual godawful speeds. Now my internet is already garbage, 20 Megabits/s was the norm with my former NETGEAR adapter which I stopped using because it would completely cut out at random and to fix it I would have to unplug it, plug it back in, and then wait a minute. This would happen several times in an hour so I can't really fall back to it. With this current adapter, which according to the box will get 400 Megabit/s speeds, gets a whopping 2.2 megabits/s. That's basically unusable, since I use Discord and play online games on my PC frequently. I have the latest drivers for this and everything, but I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: Since people are viewing this again, please note that I no longer have this issue. In fact, my internet is now ridiculously fast.

Last edited by supergamer368,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an internal WiFi adapter, the TP-Link AC1300, which seems to be getting actual godawful speeds. Now my internet is already garbage, 20 Megabits/s was the norm with my former NETGEAR adapter which I stopped using because it would completely cut out at random and to fix it I would have to unplug it, plug it back in, and then wait a minute. This would happen several times in an hour so I can't really fall back to it. With this current adapter, which according to the box will get 400 Megabit/s speeds, gets a whopping 2.2 megabits/s. That's basically unusable, since I use Discord and play online games on my PC frequently. I have the latest drivers for this and everything, but I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Uninstall then reinstall your ethernet drivers

DupeDupex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having good router is good for streaming , I connected mine to PC and PS4 PRO and do live twicth, but don't like the quality of ps4 camera..

Last edited by DupeDupex,
D

Deleted User

make sure you're connected to a 5ghz wifi network, for me the 2.4ghz network is dogshit and unusable, and cuts out all the time

sucks that most of my laptops only support 2.4ghz though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/35kbiqjnJog?si=1DEa1SDRiLUd3Bxi