Wii #2760 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Europe)

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How different is this the to the NTSC version? I would prefer PAL, but have already got 5 hours in on NTSC and, AFAIK there's no converter for the save file.
It's possible to convert, but it doesn't work for every game and you may have to do it manually. Search for 'ntsc to pal wii save converter' on google.

I tried to use Savegame manager GX with no success.
I created a a PAL save, and extracted it.
Then I extracted the NTSC save.
I replaced the 2 dat files in the PAL save with the ones from the NTSC save.

But it does nothing. If I replace the index file too I got a corrupted save error ...

Tell me if you succeed in converting the NTSC save to PAL.

Thanks.

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually, it's pretty simple to convert that savegame :

1. Launch and create a save file of the PAL and NTSC version on your Wii
2. Use the lastest Savegame Manager GX to extract both savegame to your sd card.
3. Plug your SD card into your computer and copy these two folder to your computer :
NTSC Version is : savegames/00010000534f5545
PAL Version is : savegames/00010000534f5550
4. Copy ONLY the files wiiking2.sav and the skip.dat from the NTSC folderand Replace them in the PAL folder. (don't touch the banner.bin !!!)
5. Use an Hexadecimal Editor (like HxD) to edit the wiiking2.sav (that you just copied to the PAL folder) and change the word SOUE (53 4F 55 45) to SOUP (53 4F 55 50) in the first line and then save the file.
6. Copy (and replace) the 00010000534f5550 folder (with the modified file in it) to your SD card (same place as were you found them).
7. Put the SD back in your Wii and with Savegame Manager GX install the savegame to your wii.
8. Enjoy !

Cheers

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, it's pretty simple to convert that savegame :

1. Launch and create a save file of the PAL and NTSC version on your Wii
2. Use the lastest Savegame Manager GX to extract both savegame to your sd card.
3. Plug your SD card into your computer and copy these two folder to your computer :
NTSC Version is : savegames/00010000534f5545
PAL Version is : savegames/00010000534f5550
4. Copy the files wiiking2.sav and the skip.dat from the NTSC folderand Replace them in the PAL folder.
5. Use an Hexadecimal Editor (like HxD) to edit the wiiking2.sav (that you just copied to the PAL folder) and change the word SOUE (53 4F 55 45) to SOUP (53 4F 55 50) in the first line and then save the file.
6. Copy (and replace) the 00010000534f5550 folder (with the modified file in it) to your SD card (same place as were you found them).
7. Put the SD back in your Wii and with Savegame Manager GX install the savegame to your wii.
8. Enjoy !

Cheers

Thanks a lot !

Gonna try this right now !

Edit: works great thank you guys !

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've also got a PAL console but are now playing the NTSC version of the game. Is there any (good) reason to switch?

For me, I play the french version. But french from canada (NTSC) is not the real french translation, some words and expressions seem odd to french people from France, so if I prefer playing the PAL version. But playing the canada version is quite fun too, but less accurate for french people.

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you plan to play with your original game (PAL console only plays PAL game) it can be a good reason to switch your savegame.

It's definitely the kind of game that you need in your collection.

There is no other huge reason to change, it's the same game but with region locked console it's better to use the same region game.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nuked or not, The.Legend.of.Zelda.Skyward.Sword.PAL.Wii-SUSHi confirmed working on WODE,
(was there ever any doubt?)

Wii SM 4.3E. Loader: WODEflow-r12 Settings: Block IOS reload: Off. Error 002 fix: On.

Game started right up with no problems. Have played Wii Sports Resort in the past, so SS's Motion+ tutorial wasn't required viewing. Once the nunchuck was plugged in, everything just worked flawlessly.

I'm 3 hours in, just acquired the
Goddess Sword
and that's where my Wiimote's batteries died.

Local release date isn't until the 24th here, so I'm really enjoying the chance to play SS early. Plan to preorder the LE bundle on tuesday.

Must agree with all the positive reviews, too - Skyward Sword's as close to an eyegasm as you'll ever get with a Wii game. Also loving that precision swordplay.

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would this be nuked? I just acquired it and it's fine -- nvm just read up

edit, what's the prooffix? NFO not working

from the nfo :

"A nuke for some strange reason from a sheep,
spreading a false rumour that we used a p2p
source. (I dont even know how to leech from those
places but aparently the nuker does; I should get
a lesson from those baaa sceners how to use it)
HERE IS THE PROOF! special greetings flys out to:
the LameFuck in Sheep! You need to take your
fucking [censored] ass nukers to task!"

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would this be nuked? I just acquired it and it's fine -- nvm just read up

edit, what's the prooffix? NFO not working

from the nfo :

"A nuke for some strange reason from a sheep,
spreading a false rumour that we used a p2p
source. (I dont even know how to leech from those
places but aparently the nuker does; I should get
a lesson from those baaa sceners how to use it)
HERE IS THE PROOF! special greetings flys out to:
the LameFuck in Sheep! You need to take your
fucking [censored] ass nukers to task!"
Sweet, thanks. Clears it up for me

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game is great so far.

But two questions and I hope they aren`t too dump but:

1. How do I change the HUD (I want to minimize this just like in the demo)?
2. How do I change the sensibility of the pointer, since I think in the demo it was fast and more precise?

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i will download this but never play it.......................
Are you so bored that you feel like wasting some web space? :P

The game is great so far.

But two questions and I hope they aren`t too dump but:

1. How do I change the HUD (I want to minimize this just like in the demo)?
2. How do I change the sensibility of the pointer, since I think in the demo it was fast and more precise?
1 That option becomes available a bit later in the game, right before you get the costume.
2 It is better than the demo, cause that still had some child sicknesses.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
great game but, how do I change the camera position?
Its like a Beta Cam, its going trough walls and is not always at a good position etc...the only way to change it was for me to press Z.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
The intro/tutorial is quite long. I clocked it at approx 2.5 hrs b4 i cud turn off the hud. After that its all game :D

sonick

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people its been a while since i last played a Wii game so will i still need to use the brickblocker to remove any updates ?????

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
are there any updates on the disc? i'm looking foraward to buying it and give a little support to ninintedo, i think they really need it atm!!

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
great game but, how do I change the camera position?
Its like a Beta Cam, its going trough walls and is not always at a good position etc...the only way to change it was for me to press Z.

Well ...I think you know the answer .....There's no other way, as far as I know...

They probably didn't used the smart camera from latest 3D mario games cause in zelda, a more personal control of the camera is important ...but , who knows ...the camera in SS is not my favorite either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch