Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
December 8th, that's not too shabby!
smile.gif
The price, on the other hand, is.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say how much I hate it when companies block their staff from reaching certain websites, such as Eurogamer.net in this case *mumble mutter I really wanted to follow the conferecene live on the net*
dry.gif

_ORiON_

Trophies
Website
loerion.googlepages.com
XP
Country
Wow that's a fucking high. :/ Guess getting my cousin in Australia to get me a Wii is out of the question then. I will most likely have to wait til December for the Japanese release
frown.gif
since getting the US version here will be too expensive. That or bite the US version and skip out on a few DS games (ex. Pokemon Rescue US, Pokemon D/P, Rocket Slime US, Gintama, YuuYuu and alot more.
frown.gif
)... hell maybe I will... who the hell buys DS games anywayÂ
rofl2.gif

off topic, but yeah, do you know anyone who has DS in the phil? all i see are psp's

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wow that's a fucking high. :/ Guess getting my cousin in Australia to get me a Wii is out of the question then. I will most likely have to wait til December for the Japanese release
frown.gif
since getting the US version here will be too expensive. That or bite the US version and skip out on a few DS games (ex. Pokemon Rescue US, Pokemon D/P, Rocket Slime US, Gintama, YuuYuu and alot more.
frown.gif
rofl2.gif

off topic, but yeah, do you know anyone who has DS in the phil? all i see are psp's

Yes. My friends, gf and sisters. Some of my sister's friends too. You see people displaying their PSPs because you know it's a "status symbol" here.
wink.gif

_ORiON_

Trophies
Website
loerion.googlepages.com
XP
Country
frown.gif
frown.gif
rofl2.gif

Yes. My friends, gf and sisters. Some of my sister's friends too. You see people displaying their PSPs because you know it's a "status symbol" here.
wink.gif

great, i'm forced to agree with it as a "status symbol". urghh... stereotyping...

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
European Price: 250,00 EUR = 37.227,54 JPY
Japanese Price: 25.000,00 JPY = 167,896 EUR

Oh well. I expected that, sadly. Still'll get one, obviously.

And I want the VC-games cracked as soon as possible.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo just SMS'ed me, telling me the aus launch and price...I think i'll send a message back telling them where to shove the $399

Well I'm not from Australia but surely the $400AUD price tag was a given? And I don't understand why it's a bad price... prices will obviously be a bit more than the US; the market is not as large and they've got to ship the things over here. You're paying about $67AUD more... but it wouldn't work out any cheaper importing one, as you'll pay more than $250USD for the Wii with bank/paypal currency conversion charges, so infact you're probably paying about $40AUD more, and that's about what it'd cost to ship a US machine out to you anyways, right?
I've not even covered tax, because I don't know how its worked out over there or at what percentage but at the end of the day $400AUD seems like a fairly good price, not to mention you'll have a warranty on the thing unlike an imported machine.

And even though you can grab a core Xbox360 for $500AUD, don't! Honestly you'll regret not getting a premium version instead.

Looks like the UK price has just been announced at £179.99 (250 Euro), nothing suprising I guess... £150 had been rumoured and would have been nice, but unrealistic with our stupid vat/tax levels lol >_>.
Hopefully there'll be some half decent pre-order deals knocking about... I can imagine GAME and Gamestation offering the Wii and a game for £200.

Well I'm getting a Wii, Zelda TP and ExciteTrucks on launch day come rain or shine, so I'm all sorted... Only problem I have is that the 8th December release date sucks major ass! Argh! That's like almost 3 weeks after the US launch! In normal circumstances I wouldn't care much but I'm really desperate to play Zelda so I'm really tempted to import one now. =\ I'm just a tad worried about third parties putting region locks on their games like with the Xbox 360.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why is Europe always last
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
 and why do I have to pay 30% more than US peopleÂ
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

Try researching 'Purchasing Power' as GamerGuyDude mentioned. Maybe you came across it in your Economics class like I did. As for late... dunno really. I mean why US first and not Japan.
wink.gif

great, i'm forced to agree with it as a "status symbol". urghh... stereotyping...

You know it's true
biggrin.gif
and dunno everytime I see a person I don't know playing a PSP it's either GTA or those sucky NFS ports. :/

As for DS people I don't really know, I've seen a lot really and talked to them about games (yeah I just randomly butt-in). Usually at Greenhills or browsing at DataBlitz for games. I've even taught some random girl about the Supercard in some shop in GH and she ended up buying one.

And trying to slightly go back on topic, alot of people here aren't even familiar with Wii lol... but alot are waiting for the PS3 but they won't get one at launch. Reason: "Hintayin ko magka-pirated." (Translation: I'll wait until we can pirate games.)

I love the Philippines. XD

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
8th of December? Considering the DS launch dates went like this:

United States - 21st November 2004
Japan - 2nd December 2004
Europe - 11th March 2005

And the Gamecube launch went like this

Japan September 14th 2001
United States November 18th 2001
Europe May 3rd 2002

Three weeks is nothing. Still not sure about the price though but then again, it IS £20 cheaper than an Xbox 360.

HereZia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wait, €249 = $317.13?! Almost double the Japanese price, damn it O.O!
Okay, time to import the Japanese console for €167 ($212).

Stop thinking that the Japanese Wii Version is cheapest than the EU.

If you import Wii it'll cost :

Wii + Shipping Cost + Customs Cost (I don't know if it the exactly word for "Douane" in french)

170€ + 30€ + nearly 40-50€ maybe more ( 40€ for my japanese DS)

Nearly 250€ for an imported Wii with NO GAME !

So i'd prefer buy my Wii in France for 250€ and a game, although Wii sport is not my most wanted game .

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Aye, getting the Wii trough customs could really hurt your wallet, but I think I'm willing to take my chances - just need to find an online store that is willing to write down the value and stuff like that ^^

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
...$399

cry.gif

WHY NINTENDO...WHY!!!!
i feel like kicking someone in the groin, where's bloody opium, he lives the closests to me.
*walks off looking to vent...with rage kicks*

[EDIT] i have an idea, lets convince the Bif N to just make the systems in our country so they dont rape us with sur-charges.
smile.gif
*makes a stupid internet pertition*

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
ohmy.gif
...$399

cry.gif

WHY NINTENDO...WHY!!!!
i feel like kicking someone in the groin, where's bloody opium, he lives the closests to me.
*walks off looking to vent...with rage kicks*

[EDIT] i have an idea, lets convince the Bif N to just make the systems in our country so they dont rape us with sur-charges.Â
smile.gif
*makes a stupid internet pertition*

I'll remember to lock my door
biggrin.gif

but yes, very bad news
frown.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Three weeks is nothing. Still not sure about the price though but then again, it IS £20 cheaper than an Xbox 360.

Yeah 3 weeks later is pretty good going for Nintendo Europe, both in regards hardware and software, but if I can get my hands on Zelda TP 2 and a half weeks early then it's worth it; this game is gonna rock!

The graphics from the video released yesterday look awesome (if you can get past the low quality vid: link), especially the overworld... Nintendo has said that it takes 45 minutes to travel from one side to the other on horseback! Some people on Spong.com worked out that would mean the game world is going to be about 450 square miles in size! Crazy huh?! (In comparison GTA San Andreas is only 17 square miles). I think the whole square miles stuff in games is a bit BS myself, but point is this Zelda game is going to be massive!
happy.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyways, this console will be on my, "to get" list when I (hopefully) go to Hong Kong next year. I really, really hope the region free aspect is true or maybe someone is willing to hack it to do that.

D

Deleted User

I was hopeing for about $350 AUS but was expecting $400 AUS. It's not that expensive I guess. I'm thinking Nintendo put an inflated price on it so they had some leway to counter an inevitable XBox 360 price drop. I just hope the games aren't going to be $100 here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work