Wii hope you enjoy this

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii going easy to hack the console, if know this right wii have a SD reader and you could end up playing future games. remind that SD card are getting cheaper and upto 4GB size.

it have to be region free!

YEA! I made my frist 100 post! within 1 month = 30.4368499 days
grog.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Attention Canadians, Wii will launch in Canada for $279.95 + tax and games will be $59.99 and launched on November 19th. GET PREORDERING DAMMIT!!! THAT'S MEANS YOU TOO ACE GUNMAN!

Certainly much better than the $299.99 we were expecting.

Pricey, but it's good to see Nintendo respects the exchange rate (unlike so many others who haven't changed their pricing-ways since our dollar went up in value). I'm talking to YOU Microsoft! $499 for an Xbox 360 in Canada is just crazy. Anywho, who knows, perhaps last minute they'll announce a 2nd cheaper bundle. And just incase anyone thinks otherwise, I'm a supporter of the Wii, I've been looking forward to it. I just wasn't happy about yesterday's announcements.
tongue.gif

And by the way, the price, while still quite high, isn't as bad as one would think when you take into consideration trade-in value. A GameCube and a handful of games you no longer play, and the price won't be as bad (something I just rememered
shy.gif
).

EDIT: Actually, I have a semi-related question: when it comes time for me to buy a Wii, should I trade in my Zelda: OOT GC pre-order disc game I got when I bought Wind Waker? I've just been thinking that I could purchase it on the virtual console instead, and save some shelf space. It's not like I'll be playing it any time soon anyway, since I beat it 100% ages ago. I'm just not sure.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
From IGN Wii

Internet Channel
Go here to access the Opera internet browser. In addition to supporting flash (making this a step up from the DS browser), the browser uses the Wiimote to zoom in and out. The browser will normally cost money, but Nintendo will make it available for free download until June of 2006.

This was confirmed at the Japanese conference. Dunno for US release, where Reggie himself stated that you'll have to buy the Opera browser.

Either way, I'm getting a Japanese system because:
1) No Wii Sports.
2) Free Opera til June
3) More accessible to me than US version.

I believe that the free opera until June is for both versions. Its your decision anyway, but won't taxes and shipping put the system at about the same cost for the US and Japan? Maybe a slight bit more expensive, but then you also get the system two and a half weeks earlier as well.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that the free opera until June is for both versions. Its your decision anyway, but won't taxes and shipping put the system at about the same cost for the US and Japan? Maybe a slight bit more expensive, but then you also get the system two and a half weeks earlier as well.

Shipping and such is always a factor, but it's not an in-house factor. What I mean by this, is that Nintendo has no control over how much the shipping companies charge. So you really shouldn't count it as an extension of the cost, but rather a seperate cost. And upon minimal research (and I'm not sure if this hass been stated before) the Japanese Wii Sports-less bundle comes to $212 USD, whereas the North American Wii Sports bundle comes to $249.99, as we all well know. That's a difference of nearly $40 USD. So as you can all see, they actually are charging extra for Wii Sports.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that the free opera until June is for both versions.  Its your decision anyway, but won't taxes and shipping put the system at about the same cost for the US and Japan?  Maybe a slight bit more expensive, but then you also get the system two and a half weeks earlier as well.

Shipping and such is always a factor, but it's not an in-house factor. What I mean by this, is that Nintendo has no control over how much the shipping companies charge. So you really shouldn't count it as an extension of the cost, but rather a seperate cost. And upon minimal research (and I'm not sure if this hass been stated before) the Japanese Wii Sports-less bundle comes to $212 USD, whereas the North American Wii Sports bundle comes to $249.99, as we all well know. That's a difference of nearly $40 USD. So as you can all see, they actually are charging extra for Wii Sports.

Not necessarily true, Ace. There is this thing called Purchasing Power Parity, which basically means that the cost of goods in a each country is at a different level, regardless of their currency exchange rate. For example. 10 eggs might cost you US$1 in the USA and US$1.25 in Europe. The site I was at that covered the Japanese event said that using a PPP converter the US$212 figure is actually very close to US$250. Here is the site for more info:

http://www.oecd.org/department/0,2688,en_2...1_1_1_1,00.html

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not necessarily true, Ace. There is this thing called Purchasing Power Parity, which basically means that the cost of goods in a each country is at a different level, regardless of their currency exchange rate. For example. 10 eggs might cost you US$1 in the USA and US$1.25 in Europe. The site I was at that covered the Japanese event said that using a PPP converter the US$212 figure is actually very close to US$250. Here is the site for more info:

http://www.oecd.org/department/0,2688,en_2...1_1_1_1,00.html

Hm, that's actually really interesting. I wasn't aware such a thing existed until this moment.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Fan request #1: "Totty commentary". Well, there are lots of women in Wii t-shirts. There is nothing yet to rival Germany's magnificent pink-dress DS creature.

ahahah
laugh.gif

Lets hope they aren't discovered and don't have to turn off the laptop
smile.gif

Meanwhile I'm passing the time waiting for it to start by playing my PSP, how sacreligious
tongue.gif
Damn you tekken for being so friggin hard

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia