Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
I've had CBHC installed for a good few days now and no problems until now.... I cannot get back to the wii u menu at all, everytime i boot i goto HBL. I can load games from loadiine and try to exit but it goes back to HBL or black screens!

How has this happened and how do i fix it ... Not getting CBHC menu either and home button does nothing, holding B trys to load sys menu but just loops at the splash screen. Do i/can i reinstall haxchi or CBHC or both?

My haxchi config file has somehow changed itself to autoboot to HBL as it was previously set to cfw sys menu .. Many thanks.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Ron_Harrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this seems like a decently urgent issue, I'll share my two cents, but please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I'm certainly no expert on the matter. As you said, your haxchi configuration file looks to have been changed somehow and from what I can tell this definitely makes sense. Now, if this is the correct file that I've found, it appears you're able to change CBCH's path defaults/button shortcuts by editing the config.txt file located in /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000/*title ID of whatever NDS game you overwrote*/content/. This can be accessed by using the FTPiiU_Everywhere application. After reading a recent forum post that describes an issue very similar to the one you're experiencing, going off of what I've read in that thread, it looks like either the CBHC application itself or the title that system.xml points to has been changed/altered in some way. Reinstalling or uninstalling CBHC (NOT NORMAL HAXCHI) would most likely fix this issue, but whatever you do, DO NOT REINSTALL NORMAL HAXCHI. This WILL brick your console as doing this would overwrite the current DS game that is used at boot time with a normal install of Haxchi that isn't prepared to be used as the consoles default title at startup.

I've gathered most of this information from Cyan's postings in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-n...lling-a-repacked-game-on-usb-solution.525904/

So a big thank you to him. With any luck, he or another knowledgeable member will come across this thread and confirm that these are the correct steps to apply to your situation as well, a little funny how this seems to be a problem with at least one other users console too.

Last edited by Ron_Harrison,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for that Ron, i will read up that thread you linked but i was thinking that regarding CBHC but want to be sure before bursting in!!

If anyone can confirm those steps, greatly appreciated but i shall post my results later.

Update.....
Removing and then reinstalling CBHC has indeed fixed the problem as i was able to choose the autoboot method again and i am back on system menu! Again many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Ron.

From what i can remember my kids were playing Game & Wario through loadiine and when my son exited to choose another game the auroboot seemed to be changed right then as i was playing fine the night before. He said he didnt touch any buttons on the gamepad and my daughter was using a wiimote.

I just wonder if it's possible to change that autoboot info with a button combo or something and if the wiimote could have been the culprit?

Anyways, just posting this if anyone else runs into the same problem but you are correct, does seem to be a very rare occurrence...... So i hope!

Keep up the good work tempers!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
Reactions: Ron_Harrison

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...