Hacking Wii U Brew Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
There are two reputable ppl saying it is real, and it could have been a devkit sync to a non dev kit system, we will see on monday.

Who are these 2 reputable people then? AndWhat's happening Monday? And think about it. If it's a devkit controller do u not think they got the devkit console at the same time lol how and why would they buy a devkit controller and a retail wii lool

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's happening Monday? And think about it. If it's a devkit controller do u not think they got the devkit console at the same time lol how and why would they buy a devkit controller and a retail wii lool
Bubba is supposed to give us more info on monday. Also perhaps they borrowed the devkit from work/ have kids they dont want messing with their devkit? Not saying its real, just that we should wait to see what info bubba has.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Enough heard already you used the name bubba or Harry = gullable plonkers. Have u lot really gotta keep dragging this up and boosting this forum when it should have been closed a week or so ago. Just stop it already ffs

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough heard already you used the name bubba or Harry = gullable plonkers. Have u lot really gotta keep dragging this up and boosting this forum when it should have been closed a week or so ago. Just stop it already ffs
Why do you keep boosting this then? I think you are bored and spamming without reason? Perhaps you should try going to random elementary schools and tell children their dreams are false, and they should drop out school and become failures now instead of later?

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda funny going back and forth between this thread and the "WiiU and WiiU gamepad hack.." thread. There is just too much anger on the subject. I guess people need there hacking fix.

Reactions: Kargaroc

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also perhaps they borrowed the devkit from work/ have kids they dont want messing with their devkit?

That's not how Nintendo does things with devkits. They have some very strict prerequisites before they'll even allow you the opportunity to buy a dev kit. You can't just put together the money and buy one like you can do for a license for Unity3D or Unreal Engine. Nintendo wants you to jump through a lot of hoops to even qualify for the right to buy it.

First off, you must have a physical office, and not be just working from home. So that rules out the kids thing.

The office must have a room that has no windows. The room with no windows must be locked with some form of electronic lock that identifies who comes and goes. The dev kit is NOT to leave the room. An individual game developer (person, not company) is only allowed so much hands on time with the dev kit and they must log exactly what they do with the dev kit during their time with it. What's more, if this actually works, they'd have been demonstrating it on a regular WiiU, as that's the system the hack would be being tested on in the first place. This entirely rules out borrowing a dev kit from work.

I'm sorry, but as much as I WANT this to be true, the fact that it's a dev kit means that it's capable of running unsigned code and having channels installed to it without the use of an exploit. That alone makes it extremely suspect and CANNOT serve as evidence that this is real.

Saying "Bubba and Harry said it's real so it's real" is an appeal to false authority fallacy. I don't know if this is true about Harry, but Bubba doesn't seem to have access to the hack itself, but rather is relaying information. This means that he is not an authority, as he knows only what he's been told. As for Harry, he's the guy who posted the video, but I don't know if he's the guy who recorded it. If he was given the video, it makes him a false authority, if he made it he's an authority. In the case that Harry is an authority, not a false authority, due to the contamination of the evidence by the fact that it showed a devkit running the channel, we have only his word to take for it.

Again, the very fact that the only direct evidence we have is the thing running on a system which by default is capable of having unsigned, unauthorized channels installed to it without any special magic, I'm very very skeptical and writing this off as yet another hoax (like with the Fail0verload troll face thing). I hope it is real, but I really really doubt it.

I am however hopeful that something will come of the c0c3 talks.

It's kinda funny going back and forth between this thread and the "WiiU and WiiU gamepad hack.." thread. There is just too much anger on the subject. I guess people need there hacking fix.

Piracy is not one of my concerns. I only care about being able to make stuff for the WiiU without having to jump through the above hoops. The WiiU is an amazing piece of hardware, and I'm especially thrilled about developing things using the gamepad. Honestly, I would settle for simply hooking the WiiU Gamepad up to my PC and using it as a monitor, touchscreen, and gamepad. That ALONE is enough for me. I don't even need homebrew on the WiiU to do that.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not howbasically saidendo does things with devkits. They have some very strict prerequisites before they'll even allow you the opportunity to buy a dev kit. You can't just put together the money and you can do for a license for Unity3D or Unreal Engine. Nintendo wants you to jump through a lot of hoops to even qualify for the right to buy it.

First off, you must have a physical office, and not be just working from home. So that rules out the kids thing.

The office must have a room that has no windows. The room with no windows must be locked with some form of electronic lock that identifies who comes and goes. The dev kit is NOT to leave the room. An individual game developer (person, not company) is only allowed so much hands on time with the dev kit and they must log exactly what they do with the dev kit during their time with it. What's more, if this actually works, they'd have been demonstrating it on a regular WiiU, as that's the system the hack would be being tested on in the first place. This entirely rules out borrowing a dev kit from work.

I'm sorry, but as much as I WANT this to be true, the fact that it's a dev kit means that it's capable of running unsigned code and having channels installed to it without the use of an exploit. That alone makes it extremely suspect and CANNOT serve as evidence that this is real.

Saying "Bubba and Harry said it's real so it's real" is an appeal to false authority fallacy. I don't know if this is true about Harry, but Bubba doesn't seem to have access to the hack itself, but rather is relaying information. This means that he is not an authority, as he knows only what he's been told. As for Harry, he's the guy who posted the video, but I don't know if he's the guy who recorded it. If he was given the video, it makes him a false authority, if he made it he's an authority. In the case that Harry is an authority, not a false authority, due to the contamination of the evidence by the fact that it showed a devkit running the channel, we have only his word to take for it.

Again, the very fact that the only direct evidence we have is the thing running on a system which by default is capable of having unsigned, unauthorized channels installed to it without any special magic, I'm very very skeptical and writing this off as yet another hoax (like with the Fail0verload troll face thing). I hope it is real, but I really really doubt it.

I am however hopeful that something will come of the c0c3 talks.
Source for devkit rules? Bubba said the size of the "hack" and basically said he has it. Will test it later. It is on Bubba as that is different from "I heard.". Bubba is very nice and passes on info. Some info is true and some turns out to be false. Psychologically he has no authority. He has a reputation for passing on what he hears. There is no authority fallicy. Attributing apparent authority to indicate somebody is truthful. He said he has it so it is on him now. Again, what is your source for the devkit being treated like hipaa material (close to it)?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one thing is for sure, reading you guys bicker back and forth while I'm waiting for Monday to reveal facts or falsehood about the issue, sure does help make the waiting go by quicker. Thanks for that. :)

Bakuryu42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how Nintendo does things with devkits. They have some very strict prerequisites before they'll even allow you the opportunity to buy a dev kit. You can't just put together the money and buy one like you can do for a license for Unity3D or Unreal Engine. Nintendo wants you to jump through a lot of hoops to even qualify for the right to buy it.

The office must have a room that has no windows. The room with no windows must be locked with some form of electronic lock that identifies who comes and goes. The dev kit is NOT to leave the room. An individual game developer (person, not company) is only allowed so much hands on time with the dev kit and they must log exactly what they do with the dev kit during their time with it.

This is actually false, and even if that is how they actually may want it, its still false. They had been recently reaching out to indie developers who are interested in developing for their system and had a forum on their site to fill out. I don't remember the details for it, but I legitly filled it out to best describe the my situation (interest, independent, no office,etc). TBH I didn't even think I would get a response, but I did and if I had the money I could get a dev kit. I have no office, in fact I do stuff mostly at home. I have no such doors or windowless rooms and last I checked unless its in the TOS I have not seen anywhere where you need to log what your doing with it.

Proof http://imgur.com/3AQWEYn

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
@Bakuryu42 You are a god damn lucky son of a bitch, i'v been in contact with them, and they have asked me for my Mobile number etch, etc. They have also moved me from Nintendo Of America to Nintendo of Europe and now when its finally done they haven't replied. So I'm basically been waiting for them to take me to step 3(that sounded wrong) so I can start develop for the god damn system.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is actually false, and even if that is how they actually may want it, its still false. They had been recently reaching out to indie developers who are interested in developing for their system and had a forum on their site to fill out. I don't remember the details for it, but I legitly filled it out to best describe the my situation (interest, independent, no office,etc). TBH I didn't even think I would get a response, but I did and if I had the money I could get a dev kit. I have no office, in fact I do stuff mostly at home. I have no such doors or windowless rooms and last I checked unless its in the TOS I have not seen anywhere where you need to log what your doing with it.

Proof http://imgur.com/3AQWEYn
I read yesterday somewhere that Nintendo would grant indie devs a free dev unit if they can't afford one. At least they said they don't want money to be the factor that hinders indies from developing for Wii U. Did you ask them if you can get a free one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...