TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks too much like a tablet, too much like a murder weapon, than a controller.
It better have some kinda grip on the other side and even then,
Its not something that you can hold for a long period of time while pressing buttons.
Why so abstract nintendo
From what I've seen in the pictures, the back provides I nice grip around where the lower triggers are.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Its not something that you can hold for a long period of time while pressing buttons.
Why so abstract nintendo
It has grips and no one complained about weight or comfortability last year, minus the comments about preferring sticks to circle pads, which of course is something that seems to have been changed already. Don't worry I don't think they would design something that isn't meant for long play sessions.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why so abstract nintendo
From what I've seen in the pictures, the back provides I nice grip around where the lower triggers are.
Oh thank god, there might be hope yet

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh thank god, there might be hope yet
Yeah. I don't have the pics handy right now, but you can probably find it on a google image search.
Well the new version supposedly has higher raised handles but the model shown last year was curved in so it's hard to notice in most pictures. Point is that it isn't entirely flat.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't doubt DS games getting a port to the Wii-U. Hell I could see a future where the Wii-U gets ports of 3DS games minus the 3D as well.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Wii U will not be able to play GC disks.
Why would they have removed backwards compatibility from newer Wiis if the wii U could?
That has nothing to do with each other. GC-less Wiis was to save money for new consumers. Mostly for the new generation that doesn't even know much about the gamecube.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they have removed backwards compatibility from newer Wiis if the wii U could?
That has nothing to do with each other. GC-less Wiis was to save money for new consumers. Mostly for the new generation that doesn't even know much about the gamecube.
They're just phasing it out so people won't be as upset. Don't get your hopes up.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Leaker of the Image has been FIRED and could be sued by Nintendo for breaking NDA according to a report floating around today...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

And the generation buying the Wii-U are going to be even newer and they are also trying to keep costs down so....

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Leaker of the Image has been FIRED and could be sued by Nintendo for breaking NDA according to a report floating around today...
Wow, that's serious...
Yeah, quite unfortunate.
And the generation buying the Wii-U are going to be even newer and they are also trying to keep costs down so....
To be clear, while I was stating that wasn't the reason, I'm not saying the wii u is getting game cube backwards compatibility.
Specially since they said it wasn't,so...

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm still very annoyed with the analog stick placement. Not only does it seem uncomfortable and difficult to use, but it also is really the only thing that makes the controller look truly bad.

Where else do you want the analog sticks? Placing them below the D-pad and face buttons wouldn't work at all. They would get in your way when you're pressing the buttons or touching the touchscreen.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Found this.

No one was saying the WII-U would play GC disc. It was stated rumor from nintendo go however it would get VC versions of some GC games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.