Misc Wii U GamePad Battery Percentage

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't there any Homebrew app or plugin that would let me see the Wii U GamePad battery's charge %, as 3DS's Luma would ?

I couldn't find any info on the net. Maybe I searched not efficiently, or enough 🤷🏼‍♂️

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: ADHD1977

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna check it quickly, once I finish trying to get Loadiine work. Thanks again 🙏🏼
What are you using Loadiine for? If it's WiiU games they're terribly slow off the SD card. You're better off getting an external HDD (with a y cable or external power plug) and using the Brazilian method for USB loading. Although from what I've heard Loadiine is fine for ds games. Never tried them myself

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are you using Loadiine for?

I just wanted to see what Loadiine looks like by curiosity. I wanted to install Personal Trainer : Cooking on it, but I did that by injecting the game on the HOME menu. The mic won't recognize spoken sentences tho.

t is an .rpx file ;)

Is it possible to use this file as a plugin ? Would be perfect !

Reactions: Kopimist

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not at the moment, maybe when aroma comes out I can make it an overlay when you hold a button for a few seconds or something like that
Personally, I use Tiramisu. Is Aroma something different ?

Also, it seems odd that my GamePad battery indicates 100%, altho I've already used it for like thirty minutes 🤨

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Personally, I use Tiramisu. Is Aroma something different ?
It's an upcoming environment (like another cfw) that will come with a lot of cool stuff
Also, it seems odd that my GamePad battery indicates 100%, altho I've already used it for like thirty minutes 🤨
It's because the battery is reported internally as 0-4, 4 being fully charged, so what I do is divide the number I get by 4 and multiply it by 100, simple math, sadly there's no other way to get an accurate percentage

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's an upcoming environment (like another cfw) that will come with a lot of cool stuff

It's because the battery is reported internally as 0-4, 4 being fully charged, so what I do is divide the number I get by 4 and multiply it by 100, simple math, sadly there's no other way to get an accurate percentage
I see. I guess I'm gonna have to deduce by a chronometer or something.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Xpl0itU thank you so much for this app... out of curiosity I tested it in my Wii U and the resault of the app it shows always 0% as the picture below...

Do you think that mine it's an isolated case or should be something else?
The Battery of this PAD I replaced in the past with the bigger Size; from the stock that come with the PAD (could be this the problem?)...

Edit 2: The BAttery it's well recornize and working from the quick Menu...

Cheers

Attachments

• 1662385334433.jpg
    1662385334433.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by CrisMod,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Xpl0itU,

I have a question.

The app shows in HBL, but with no logo/picture.
How can i add this ? Just put a .png in the folder.

Or doest it need to be added/progammed in the .rpx file ??

Just for the looks that would be nice.
Just put a png named icon in. Grab one of your other homebrew ones as a template and copy your own image over the top and save!

Can i just clarify..... This is an rpx to be ran everytime you want to see an estimated battery percentage or does this remain a constant display on which screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I can see it in your smile