Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok now when I try to load haxchi(I give up on WUP installer it's not working..) it just boots me back to the system menu. Can someone please reply and help I don't know why this is happening.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's an update with content. I am currently porting most of the currently available homebrew to rpx and creating installable channels out of them. @aliaspider helped me find the problem with the ports not working unless HBL was started first. Now that that issue is resolved, I can finish most of them. I've just finished working versions of Flappy Bird, U-Paint, and @Maschell 's GX2 GUI Template which will have the source code to make it easy for people to make their own installable channel using his template. I will be contacting @pwsincd so a page can be created on WiiUBru which will have the downloads for every port made into an installable rpx channel. There are at least a few of us developers who don't say, "It's just the Wii U", nor pick up the ball and run with it.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, this might be stupid but I wasn't active in the whole Wii U hacking community for a while (like 3-4 months or so)...

Is it currently worth hacking the Wii U? Is it safe enough already (for non-stupid people who can follow guides step-by-step of course)? If yes, what can be done (just as example) and how?

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, this might be stupid but I wasn't active in the whole Wii U hacking community for a while (like 3-4 months or so)...

Is it currently worth hacking the Wii U? Is it safe enough already (for non-stupid people who can follow guides step-by-step of course)? If yes, what can be done (just as example) and how?

All retrolib emulators on the homebrew appstore.
Mocha is a CFW. Patching signatures son you can run backups, updates and DLC from sysNAND, RedNAND or a USB device (formatted by the WiiU).
Dimok working on Fat32 support.
Apply patches and mods to titles installed to the WiiU with FTPii everywhere or WUPclient.

There is coldboot patching called CBHC, its an updated Haxchi, same requirements: An exploitable NDS VC legit title and a way to launch Homebrew Launcher. Easy to do, but will render the NDS title unusable, and if you delete or move it, you'll brick

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Personally i dont use haxchi because its easier to tell my little brothers to wait until i run Mocha for them, and keep the console on; than risking the need of a hardmod

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, best is waiting still? I mean, I don't need it right now anyways, I was just curious :)
Haxchi is pretty safe. As long as you unplug all your USB drives while installing and don't delete or move the haxchi ds title to a different storage nothing can go wrong honestly.

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haxchi is pretty safe. As long as you unplug all your USB drives while installing and don't delete or move the haxchi ds title to a different storage nothing can go wrong honestly.
Yeah, but tbh, everything can go wrong with a pair of toddlers wanting to play Lego...

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally i dont use haxchi because its easier to tell my little brothers to wait until i run Mocha for them, and keep the console on; than risking the need of a hardmod
You two are confusing Haxchi with CBHC. CBHC is the only one with a chance of brick, because it changes system files for a coldboot, Haxchi does NOT. If Haxchi doesn't install correctly, you just go into the memory management and delete Haxchi. Haxchi couldn't be any safer.

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You two are confusing Haxchi with CBHC. CBHC is the only one with a chance of brick, because it changes system files for a coldboot, Haxchi does NOT. If Haxchi doesn't install correctly, you just go into the memory management and delete Haxchi. Haxchi couldn't be any safer.

Sorry, using the wrong name, haxchi is the one where at every boot first you run the hacked NDS game right.
@EpicLPer , as the guy above said, only the cold boot has risk,. Aside from that, you can just manually run the hax at each boot, be it haxchi or through the web browser

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exactly my thought, except it's just me using the console and I'm 30 haha. I feel much safer running Mocha each boot cycle than configuring CBH and risking a brick.

Reactions: Alanoide97

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1