Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point in changing the browser, it's just more work when they have better things to do. I know for a fact they won't go through the trouble of making a new browser just so some skriddies can't run stuff, it won't matter enough to their profits to care. Instead they'll keep quietly patching bugs (assuming there are any new firmwares after this).

The fact there hasn't been an update in four months worries me for some reason.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got to say all this talk about nintendo ignoring the wiiu and stop making games. is that really happening? that sucks, all because of these nx rumors? what is the nx anyways? from what i surmised its something between a cell phone and gameboy right? why would that replace wiiu?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not sure what people are so afraid of really. We should expect Nintendo to patch the exploit, that has to be our default assumption. It's a bonus if they don't.

That's why we don't update unless it's safe.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact there hasn't been an update in four months worries me for some reason.

It is possible that Nintendo has been spending all this time fully updating the WebKit library that the browser uses. That would have the effect of patching many old bugs, but I find it unlikely that Nintendo cares enough to spend that much time on it. As NWPlayer123 said, they're more likely to patch individual bugs, and maybe occasionally incorporate some security patches, as they sometimes did.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't care about updating the Wii U anymore. Wii stopped receiving firmware updates two years before the Wii U. It's two years before the NX and thus Nintendo is repeating history.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't care about updating the Wii U anymore. Wii stopped receiving firmware updates two years before the Wii U. It's two years before the NX and thus Nintendo is repeating history.

We don't know this for sure, there is no substantiated evidence to back that claim up, at all. Wii != Wii U.

Reactions: Margen67

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I bet an update will be sent out to delete TVii from EU consoles and just to block this exploit. Hopefully a sloppy patch to keep it going and boost wiiU sales. :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo released the NX the day after the Wii U exploit is released? :lol:
Following your logic, the exploit might be released in 2 years.
Definitely not :P

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following your logic, the exploit might be released in 2 years.
Definitely not :P

Weeeeeell, based on the progress we've seen over the past few weeks with Hykem busy with work and whatnot, it may very well be years before the exploit. :(

EDIT: I'm not trying to be Eeyore here. I actually hope the exploit will be released three femto-seconds after I finish this edit!

lbalan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeeeeell, based on the progress we've seen over the past few weeks with Hykem busy with work and whatnot, it may very well be years before the exploit. :(

EDIT: I'm not trying to be Eeyore here. I actually hope the exploit will be released three femto-seconds after I finish this edit!

Anything a noob that knows some c and asm intermediate programming can help with?

Reactions: Margen67

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My friend I would like to direct you to this thread, knock yourself out with speculations, that's what it's there for :)

Reactions: Margen67 and bache

OreNPluS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
nintendo released on the wii version 4.3 that caused a lot of troubles just to remove all exploits, i am sure they will do it again at the moment that the kernel exploit will be released, then, a new exploit like latterbomb will be released and nintendo will not care any more because of the NX ...

oh, and its look like nintendo want version 10 on the 3ds for some reason, if u ask me

about an amiibo exploit, i think the devs should try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs