Hacking Wii U - Hide a Channel?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you somehow hide a channel or remove it completely without uninstalling the app? i hate the “Do not touch” app on my home screen from Haxchi - I know that I can put it on the last page but it still bothers me.

anyone has any idea?

Last edited by MeAndHax,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can you somehow hide a channel or remove it completely without deinstalling the app? i hate the “Do not touch” app on my home screen from Haxchi - I know that I can put it on the last page but it still bothers me.

anyone has any idea?

Hello.:)

A good Example what can happen,if you remove some Channels and what maybe follows...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/removed-the-wii-u-menu-channel-from-vwii-xd.561455/#post-8998239

Of course,it is for the vWii.

As you correctly said,you can "move" your not needed Things on your Wii U Menu to last,right Screen if you like.
"Hiding" or deleting is maybe not a good Idea.:)

But of course,if some User has good Manuals/Examples for doing it,you are free to use it.
Unfortunately I do not know a Method for your Question.:(

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, if you want to change the icon back, I'd suggest uninstalling cbhc, redownloading the game from the eshop, copying it to the flash, then reinstalling cbhc. usb will supersede the flash, so the icon shown will be of the original game or something else if you install haxchi with custom artwork. if you do use custom anything, test with haxchi installer first. anyway, that's the way I have it, so my cbhc reds "redNAND" with a custom redNAND icon for when that was a thing.

Reactions: Alexander1970

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you somehow hide a channel or remove it completely without deinstalling the app? i hate the “Do not touch” app on my home screen from Haxchi - I know that I can put it on the last page but it still bothers me.

anyone has any idea?

As mentioned you can't straight up make icons invisible. But you can hide them away. What I've done as mentioned is go to the very last page with about 2 blank pages between it and the last game in my Wii U menu. And then created a folder titled Misc. In the first page of the folder I put the crap that I have little to no need for or only occasionally visit, stuff like the play log, health and safety info, the dead Wii U speak channel or whatever that's called, and my settings; and then in that folder if you go all the way to the last page after a bunch of blank empty pages, is my do no touch icon. This is a good way of really hiding it away where it can't even accidentally be launched (not that launching it would actually do anything bad), and I see so little of it, that I've essentially forgot it was there.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've made a small method a while ago involving a way to hide any icon... It was based on a small graphical glitch that might happen if you got lucky... Basically making a whole page invisible but it doesn't work everytime and can only be done once as the page wouldn't disappear afterwards... It seems like you found it since i got the notification, has it worked?

Realistically though there is no way to hide the icons, i would just create a folder on the last page and put the Do not touch icon at the last slot of the folder.

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've made a small method a while ago involving a way to hide any icon... It was based on a small graphical glitch that might happen if you got lucky... Basically making a whole page invisible but it doesn't work everytime and can only be done once as the page wouldn't disappear afterwards... It seems like you found it since i got the notification, has it worked?

Realistically though there is no way to hide the icons, i would just create a folder on the last page and put the Do not touch icon at the last slot of the folder.
No. It didn’t work. The last page didn’t disappear and I didn’t had it before.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
No. It didn’t work. The last page didn’t disappear and I didn’t had it before.
A tip from me, and also from everyone present ... stop playing around with the CBHC/Haxchi icon. For Haxchi it doesn't make sense since you have to start it anyway in order to use signature patches. The wii u is fragile af, which is also a reason not to mess around with it. Leave it on the last page and it's good.

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A tip from me, and also from everyone present ... stop playing around with the CBHC/Haxchi icon. For Haxchi it doesn't make sense since you have to start it anyway in order to use signature patches. The wii u is fragile af, which is also a reason not to mess around with it. Leave it on the last page and it's good.
??? as long as the game is still installed the coldboot will find it. The icon in the menu has nothing to do with it - even if you would completely remove it it would still launch. Compare it with icons on PC - even if you delete the icon you still have the data.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? as long as the game is still installed the coldboot will find it. The icon in the menu has nothing to do with it - even if you would completely remove it it would still launch. Compare it with icons on PC - even if you delete the icon you still have the data.

You're not wrong, but there is no known way to truly remove an icon, apparently that guy has been able to glitch the system to hiding an icon on an extra page, but I tried that myself ages ago, and it didn't work for me either. Just put a folder in the last page of your menu, and then put the icon in the last page inside the folder. Keep in mind, the icon and app itself aren't dangerous to launch as it is (launching it will just restart your Wii U). When it says do not touch, it means don't delete it or move it to USB, as that is what will brick your Wii U. But having it hidden away on your menu isn't even that important, as out in the menu isn't where you'll be able to do damage with the icon, it's only within the Wii U settings that you can mess up your Wii U by fiddling with the do not touch file. And even if you could truly make it invisible in your Wii U menu, it would still be within the settings where you can still do damage with it, and there definitely isn't a way to hide it from the settings from recognizing it as a title you could move or delete.

Reactions: MeAndHax

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This glitch was very random... At the time i got it to work by luck on 5.5.1... I haven't been able to reproduce it since though...
Just put it in the last slots and forget about it, it's easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT