Wii U Homebrew Launcher can't launch vast majority of apps anymore

squeakycleanswine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded my Wii U from Haxchi to Tiramisu, and one thing I've already noticed is that the Homebrew Launcher is currently only able to launch FTPiiU. I've tried a varity of other applications, and they all end in black screens, forcing me to hold my power button to restart my console. I'm also using a larger sd card now than I was before, but I don't think that should matter since it's still formatted fat32. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Polop

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tiramisu is very new, so you need to expect that most of the wii u homebrew doesnt work yet on this new cfw

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiramisu is very new, so you need to expect that most of the wii u homebrew doesnt work yet on this new cfw
I think you're mixing up Tiramisu with Aroma. Any .elf or .rpx homebrew should work without issue in Tiramisu, newer .wuhb format homebrew however cannot be read by Tiramisu (and the vast majority of .wuhb homebrew does have an equivalent in a format that runs in Tiramisu, not all of them mind you, like the amiibo emulation homebrew, but most of them).

Aroma however plays by different rules, while it can read any .rpx homebrew without issue and is made specifically to run the new .wuhb format homebrew, it can't run any of the old .elf format homebrew for the Wii U, of which there is a lot (though much of that kind of homebrew has seen Aroma equivalent homebrew releases at this point as well).

If OP is having problems with Tiramisu reading a lot of homebrew specifically; then the problem likely isn't the homebrew itself, but something else with their Tiramisu environment or Wii U setup.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu