Wii U Keeps Freezing when loading into stuff/Won't detect Internet

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi, so I haven't touch my Wii U in YEARS, I go back to it and wanted to setup internet however it wont detect any Wifi and just freezes while the music in the background still plays, so I reset it, I go into data management but it also freezes, so after some experimenting, my Wii U freezes or loads indefinitely when loading almost every app including vWii, it does however play Wii U games at least, but when I go to the HOME menu it just freezes. I had a usb & sd card in it so I tried removing them and turning the Wii U on only to have the same results. It's not hacked or modded or anything so I can't see what's the problem, any ideas?

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If it is not modded problem is probably the internal storage.
It wont let me delete any software either, it either freezes or loads indefinitely. I wanted to at least setup wifi to backup my save data for Cemu but it wont let me do that either since it wont detect wifi.

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thank you for the replies, well since I can't use the internet. Is there an offline method I can use to in order to get my Wii U's NAND saves,games,etc? Because my Wii U developed this quirk where I can quickly go to other apps and it kinda works but if I can hang around a menu for too long and THEN click on and an app it will just freeze, its really weird.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies, well since I can't use the internet. Is there an offline method I can use to in order to get my Wii U's NAND saves,games,etc? Because my Wii U developed this quirk where I can quickly go to other apps and it kinda works but if I can hang around a menu for too long and THEN click on and an app it will just freeze, its really weird.
if your games are on usb, you can connect the drive to the computer and with your otp.bin and seeprom.bin, you can explore the drive. games may be pointless to get, but saves should be good.

Reactions: HotWheelsKid

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I haven't touch my Wii U in YEARS, I go back to it and wanted to setup internet however it wont detect any Wifi and just freezes while the music in the background still plays, so I reset it, I go into data management but it also freezes, so after some experimenting, my Wii U freezes or loads indefinitely when loading almost every app including vWii, it does however play Wii U games at least, but when I go to the HOME menu it just freezes. I had a usb & sd card in it so I tried removing them and turning the Wii U on only to have the same results. It's not hacked or modded or anything so I can't see what's the problem, any ideas?
Do you have anything placed on top of the WiiU? If I place my HDD on top of the WiiU I get the exact same problems as you. If I place the HDD to the side of the WiiU then I have zero issues.

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
if your games are on usb, you can connect the drive to the computer and with your otp.bin and seeprom.bin, you can explore the drive. games may be pointless to get, but saves should be good.
Sadly there’s nothing in the usb, i just plugged it in just now in order to format it for the Wii U
Do you have anything placed on top of the WiiU? If I place my HDD on top of the WiiU I get the exact same problems as you. If I place the HDD to the side of the WiiU then I have zero issues.
Nope nothing’s on top of it, or around it nor do I have an HDD, even with the sd card and usb in and out i get the same results.

Reactions: AmandaRose

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I wonder if re-installing the software or re-flashing the eMMC from a backup would help with this problem (to "renew" the data on the eMMC).
I’m sorry im not sure i follow, i dont know much about wii u modding :(

I have an idea. maybe try bluUbomb to get into the homebrew launcher, then dump just the otp.bin and seeprom.bin to get your saves off the hdd.
sure i can try this

Also I forgot to mention, since I haven’t used my Wii U in a while its firmware is on 5.5.2U right now

Reactions: godreborn

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sure i can try this
This would just be to get your save files from the USB drive but...
i just plugged it in just now in order to format it for the Wii U
...if you really formatted it that data is gone anyway...

For the next time: A windows PC will always tell there is no data / you need to format. DO NOT DO THAT! You need special tools to read the drive.

Reactions: HotWheelsKid

HotWheelsKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This would just be to get your save files from the USB drive but...

...if you really formatted it that data is gone anyway...

For the next time: A windows PC will always tell there is no data / you need to format. DO NOT DO THAT! You need special tools to read the drive.
There was nothing on the usb before anyway, it just a usb i had laying and figured id try using it for my Wii U

Don't initialize the drive btw or it will mess up the first sector.
so i looked into this bluubomb method and it apparently involves using Linux? unfortunately i do not have one… :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!