Hardware Wii U launch price. Any thoughts?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a neat price, shit some places here are only asking for £229 for the basic & £279 for premium and this doesn't count the supermarkets which always have the lowest price in store.

Also:
Qjm6Q5iRv0Snupwcnc5EPw2.png

Not bad considering the GamePad probably takes the bulk of the costs.

EDIT: Oops didn't see the previous post :P

Reactions: 1 person

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How does saying something's too expensive amount to 'whining'? I've worked with children and teenagers, so presumably I should know what whining is, and this isn't it. Saying something's too expensive simply means the price this person's willing to pay for the item is lower than the stated price, so no transaction will occur at the current price.
There's a huge difference between something's too expensive for you personally and saying it's too expensive for what it is, period.
And how does that amount to 'whining'?

BTW, those two different things you mentioned? They are the same concept, actually. There's no such thing as objective valuation* of a commodity. A commodity's value* is always a relative and subjective concept. In the simplest scenario, a product is worth* exactly as much as whatever the buyer's willing to give up in exchange for it.

No matter how a person says "it's too expensive", there's only one way to interpret it: it's too expensive for them.

* Please forgive my improper use of economic terminologies, it's been a while since my last course.
Not really, although usually people will specify if they don't mean for themselves. For example:

Product X is too expensive for company Y to make a decent profit, since higher prices means fewer sales.

You sell something too cheap, you get plenty of sales but don't make enough money per product. You sell it too expensive, and you won't get enough sales to benefit from the higher price.
How is this even relevant to the conversation between xwatchmanx and I? I was responding to a specific statement from a previous post, which itself was a reaction to specific things that had been said in this thread. That's the context of the exchange.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How is this even relevant to the conversation between xwatchmanx and I? I was responding to a specific statement from a previous post, which itself was a reaction to specific things that had been said in this thread. That's the context of the exchange.
Wait, what were we talking about, again?

*Reads quotes*

Oh, yeah. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: That's truly a 9D64B8_14A2C6A294CA2_000.ppm moment (please help i am addicted to TJAaRP)