Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xpadder is a tool to turn gamepad inputs into keys.....
this program turns WUPC inputs into keys(or mouse movement, at non-constant speed)

this could work for steam BP if steam works with xbox 360 controllers. but it requires a workaround
NOTE: this will take hours(about 4 if you know how to glovepie, 8 if you dont) to find all the programs and get them configured properly. If you have to ask how to do it, i would not recommend you to do it because it takes a long time if you have no idea. but here are the steps:
1. get this thread's tool
2.get PPJoy, glovePIE(i think its now known as piefree), and x360ce.
3. to install PPJoy, open cmd, type
bcdedit -set testsigning on
4. reboot, ppjoy should work if you've installed it
5. make your own script in GlovePIE to interpret key presses and send them as PPJoy outputs
6. look in the google code files for x360ce, download the program that lets you find your DUID
7. put that(and the other ID) in x360ce.ini file in the right place, figure it out
8. put the dll and ini in steam's main folder along with whatever x360ce dll works

you may not even need x360ce, it is possible steam can interpret PPJoy outputs
So it's also possible to get it to work with glovepie?

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it's also possible to get it to work with glovepie?
yes, but this is not a glovepie thread, all i'll say is it can receive key presses(which is what this program outputs)

about the WUPC: i have this problem where i pair the controller with the toshiba stack, and as soon as they connect, the WUPC turns off. deleting the connection does nothing, reconnecting has same problem. but, after i connect it to the Wii U and then disconnect, it can connect to the pc again.
perhaps the devs that made this have any idea what's going on?

richirare

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, but this is not a glovepie thread, all i'll say is it can receive key presses(which is what this program outputs)

about the WUPC: i have this problem where i pair the controller with the toshiba stack, and as soon as they connect, the WUPC turns off. deleting the connection does nothing, reconnecting has same problem. but, after i connect it to the Wii U and then disconnect, it can connect to the pc again.
perhaps the devs that made this have any idea what's going on?

You might be having the same problem I had before. Check my previous post.

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might be having the same problem I had before. Check my previous post.
it appears so. only solution i know of is to pair with wii u and then pc. which is inconvenient, as i want to play smash bros on the high-end gaming rigs at my college and not lug a console with me.

Phaedruss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't appear to work very well, or I'm doing something wrong. I finally got the controller to stay connected and now every button press is very sluggish and/or I have to press the button unnaturally firmly and slowly. Also, I wanted to play xcom with this using the mouse movement function, but again it moves incredibly slowly and it's very unresponsive.

TeHaxor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Phaedruss:
Could you tell me if the CPU usage is spiking at the time, and if so, what is the offending application?
Having to press the buttons firmly sounds like an issue with the controller itself.

Phaedruss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Phaedruss:
Could you tell me if the CPU usage is spiking at the time, and if so, what is the offending application?
Having to press the buttons firmly sounds like an issue with the controller itself.

I'm not seeing any CPU spikes. I restarted the application and it seems a little bit more responsive, though a little choppy and slow with the mouse movement.

PurpleLink739

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post detailed instructions on how to get this to work?

I downloaded version 1.5, and the Toshiba stacks, and smoothboard air with duo. and the way I did it doesn't seem to work.
installed everything
connected the controller via Bluetooth
opened smoothboard and connected the controller
a pop-up notified me that the controller was in the HID list
then I opened the WiiUProControllerWin software
the software looks like it works and when I check the box for the rumble the controller starts rumbling but no other boxes seem to do anything. the default is set so that only 1 LED is lit, but during this whole process all 4 are flashing.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, Does anyone have detailed instructions?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@TeHaxor69 @Daku93

First off, i want to thank you guys for your awesome work!
I´ve been waiting for connecting my Pro controller with my PC and kept checking for news on the internet every few weeks.
But since i heard the Bluetooth Pin was unknown, i started losing hope on that being anytime soon.
And now you came up with a program that works even without the Pin LOL!
I even got the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack working with my onboard Bluetooth (Asus P8Z68V-Pro Mainboard).
I didnt count but i think it took like 15 re-installs 20 restarts and about 5 hours of work.
Toshiba, what the fuck x/

Okay, now i want to give some suggestions and ask questions/report some possible bugs (version 1.5).
I guess i start with the bugs:
In "Left Analog" and "Right Analog" configurations
only the Deadzone Settings are saved after hitting "Save Config" and restarting the program.

Another strange bug: I first tested the controller with Zsnes, the Super Nintendo Emulator.
Whenever i start the program, the controller starts to rumble in intervals.
A little longer than one second, even if rumble is disabled!
Also, the Rumble only stops on quitting the Controller Program.

It also starts vibrating when i start Zsnes first, then start the Controller Program
(so it wont vibrate) and then quit Zsnes. So it starts vibrating with starting and quitting Zsnes.
I can only assume why that stuff happens, maybe you know more.

Now i have 2 Suggestions, the first is quite obvious: Controller Profiles to load and save configurations.
But that´s probably gonna have to wait, since you are already busy with the xinput emulation.
The other Suggestion should be easy to add: Mouse wheel up/down,
so you can for example map switching weapons on the D-Pad, without having to
change the ingame settings to some strange keys.

Thats all for now.
Thank you again!

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I downloaded version 1.5, and the Toshiba stacks, and smoothboard air with duo. and the way I did it doesn't seem to work.
installed everything
the software looks like it works and when I check the box for the rumble the controller starts rumbling but no other boxes seem to do anything. the default is set so that only 1 LED is lit, but during this whole process all 4 are flashing.

Smoothboard? Isn´t that just for testing?
Because i didn´t need that to get it working, i just used the Toshiba stuff.
Try rightclicking on the Toshiba Bluetooth icon in the task bar, add new connection.
Press the red Sync button of the pro controller.
Add the controller.
When its connected, it should keep flashing with all LEDs until u open the Controller Program.
Then 1 LED should stay on and the controller should work fine.

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

installed everything

You don't need Smoothboard with the WUPC. It's only used for the Wii Remote. Did the same mistake myself at first. =P

@TeHaxor69 @Daku93

Another strange bug: I first tested the controller with Zsnes, the Super Nintendo Emulator.
Whenever i start the program, the controller starts to rumble in intervals.
A little longer than one second, even if rumble is disabled!
Also, the Rumble only stops on quitting the Controller Program.

It also starts vibrating when i start Zsnes first, then start the Controller Program
(so it wont vibrate) and then quit Zsnes. So it starts vibrating with starting and quitting Zsnes.
I can only assume why that stuff happens, maybe you know more.

Hm, I've tested it with ZSNES myself and have experienced no such thing.
Are you sure rumble is unchecked as well as set to 0 in Effects?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, I've tested it with ZSNES myself and have experienced no such thing.
Are you sure rumble is unchecked as well as set to 0 in Effects?

OK when i turn speed and rumble to 0 it does not vibrate.
But when rumble is set to off it should be off right? :P

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK when i turn speed and rumble to 0 it does not vibrate.
But when rumble is set to off it should be off right? :P

It seems the slider sets the interval of the rumble, so yeah, I guess. It's not a big issue really. Just want analog support and then this would be perfect really. =P

PurpleLink739

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You for the help. I have it working with a few emulators: Project64, and Dolphin.

I do have a few suggestions for the next update:

when trying to map the buttons on the emulator controller config. both the D-pad and the analogue stick have the same button usage. Is there anyway to change this? to have 2 separate sets of buttons. (analogue= UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT; and the D-pad = W, S, A, D) I have a few games that require different functions for both.

also I've noticed that the Right Analogue stick doesn't do anything. With both the N64 and Gamecube games I think it would be great for the "C" buttons to be used as the Right Stick. Similar to the Gamecube's "C-Stick"

EDIT: Nevermind I figured out the settings. Thanks alot for the great software!

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
Firstly, massive thanks to the guys who got it working, the pro controller my just be my new preffered controller to use, so you can imagine how excited I am to use it to play PC games!

However... I'm confused how to get it working... Its on my bluetooth HID list, and I tried mapping some buttons using the Wii U controller 1.5 and wanted to use it to play bit trip runner on steam, but it isnt recognizing the controller inputs at all.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
Firstly, massive thanks to the guys who got it working, the pro controller my just be my new preffered controller to use, so you can imagine how excited I am to use it to play PC games!

However... I'm confused how to get it working... Its on my bluetooth HID list, and I tried mapping some buttons using the Wii U controller 1.5 and wanted to use it to play bit trip runner on steam, but it isnt recognizing the controller inputs at all.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks

I guess you didnt install the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack?
Its annoying, but you need that to get it working.
U better have a USB dongle because it took me ages to get it working with onboard bluetooth!

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you didnt install the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack?
Its annoying, but you need that to get it working.
U better have a USB dongle because it took me ages to get it working with onboard bluetooth!

Nope I installed it, I'm just not sure about mapping buttons.
The controller is working, according to the 1.5 program, I press all the buttons and they all tick and the analogue movements are recognized, its just not recognizing the controller in bit trip runner at least.

Oh also I am using a USB dongle for bluetooth. I did think I had bluetooth built into the laptop, but apparently not, but luckily I found a bluetooth usb dongle laying around, so I'm good there.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The controller is working, according to the 1.5 program, I press all the buttons and they all tick and the analogue movements are recognized, its just not recognizing the controller in bit trip runner at least.

At the moment you can only map Keyboard Keys to the controller, like WSAD for walking. Luckily you can set the axis to control mouse though.
The only real downsides are the lack of controller profiles and real analog axis support -and some more mouse functions, like mouse wheel :P
They are currently working at xbox360 emulation/support i think.

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hey hey, I just tried out my wii u pro controller for pc, with al the guides I found. I have connection between the pro controller and my pc.
But the only problem is WiiUProControllerWin.exe keeps on giving me an error about

Microsoft.NET framework, something aboud "field not found: WiimoteLib.GV.LEDs"

If I do continue then the program opens but nothing happens it's all black

Hopely someone can help me with this

Greetings.

TeHaxor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Avanox:
Make sure that you use the correct WUProLib.dll file with the WiiUProControllerWin.exe,
the DLL's version number should match the application's version number.

Reactions: Avanox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1