Hacking Wii U - Save Files Compilation

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i downloaded it from USB Helper, its CFW only but i dont get the issue with CFW, i thought a hacked Wii U was running it period but maybe im wrong?

I installed Tiramisu and its set to boot to that automatically.

Having DLC blows the game wide open, sooooo many more tracks and it would seem more people have the DLC than dont as full races are more common since i installed DLC

So in case of mario kart
100% save is like having all of the characters and vehicles

downloaded content is more levels? Is that the right wAy for me to understand?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in case of mario kart
100% save is like having all of the characters and vehicles

downloaded content is more levels? Is that the right wAy for me to understand?
yes, dlc is either vehicles or more levels. I think you need a save for characters.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you won't have to mess with tickets as it's a cfw. it won't help with saves, you'll have to find one complete. though, I don't remember this game too much. I bought the game on the wii u and the switch. I think the switch grants you access to all characters by default, but I don't think the wii u one does.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i understand how to download via usb helper and then install via wup

But i didnt understand the rest of that? I got a feeling i have downloaded and instaled a lot of dlc but couldnt work out why it is not in the games
When i downloaded Mario Kart 8 i also told it to download DLC and like you thought i had it and could not understand where everything was but then when MK was saying things were DLC and trying to sell it to me i went back on USB Helper and selected DLC on its own and downloaded it and that time i got the DLC that i assumed was just part of the original download.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you won't have to mess with tickets as it's a cfw. it won't help with saves, you'll have to find one complete. though, I don't remember this game too much. I bought the game on the wii u and the switch. I think the switch grants you access to all characters by default, but I don't think the wii u one does.
yes, 8 Deluxe on the switch gets everything included that Wii U 8 has to download Paid DLC to get plus you guys also get a few things that Wii U 8 is missing completely but my understanding is that with DLC, 8 is not a million miles from 8 deluxe

Reactions: godreborn

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
looking at my original save, the folder inside '0' is called 8000001f and not 80000013, is that a problem and should i leave the name as original and just copy the contents over or should i replace the 8000001f folder name with 80000013 ?
yes, replace the contents and leave your original folder name as is.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how does tiramisu help?
Here is a working EUR save file!!!!

Credit to BaamAlex over on forum.wii-homebrew.com He uploaded his save file for me massive thanks!

The file he uploaded contains 3 folders but i used only one of them, im including all 3 in case they are necessary for someone else but you should only need the 8000001 folder.

I copied over just the 8000001 folder and renamed it to 8000001f to match my system, rename it to whatever your system is calling it on your machine, use your original common folder as well.

Wipe save Data before applying this one but backup your original first to be safe obvioulsly!

It works with EUR with DLC, has all GP races completed with gold cups, all characters unlocked inc Mii and has 9429vr for online.

I am a happy bunny and hope others can make use of it, thanks again to BaamAlex!!

Attachments

• 80000001.rar
    8.9 MB · Views: 88
  • 80000011.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
  • common.rar
    6.3 MB · Views: 98

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice thanks
On it shortly… got nothing better to do lol

How would i know my system name?
make a backup of your save which is obviously highly recommended and there will be a folder that is named something like 8000001, it might be called that exactly or it might be slightly different, on my machine its called 8000001f.

Create a new slot in your backups folder (just create and name a folder a number that is not in use and remember it) then paste in your original save backup folders but replace the contents of the folder named 8000001 (or similar) with the contents of the folder named 8000001 that i have attached.

So now you should have a folder called 8000001 or whatever your machine names it but with the new files inside and not your original ones and you should have your original common folder.

Make sense?

Oh, something else about that save, its turned on the Track HUD!

I could not believe that a Track HUD was not in 8, could not find any way to turn it on and i hated not having one but i guess it is a unlock item which is utterly stupid but i have it now.

Last edited by steve_fox,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah hit my head against a wall here with mario kart save

ok so I need to delete that saved data first via data management right?

if correct, every time I do that I don't see mario kart (UBS version) in Savemii it just dissapears
but I do see the nand

no luck to get this working so far, im far off of time now as well.
i think I might have to restart the game, then come back into save mii but what u reckon? I got the bit about keeping the folders the same and just replacing content though

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah hit my head against a wall here with mario kart save

ok so I need to delete that saved data first via data management right?

if correct, every time I do that I don't see mario kart (UBS version) in Savemii it just dissapears
but I do see the nand

no luck to get this working so far, im far off of time now as well.
i think I might have to restart the game, then come back into save mii but what u reckon? I got the bit about keeping the folders the same and just replacing content though
I dont know what to suggest, when i delete save data for my Mario Kart i still have all options avalible in Save Mii

I assume UBS is a typo and meant to say USB, mine is USB as well.

Maybe someone else knows whats going on?

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know what to suggest, when i delete save data for my Mario Kart i still have all options avalible in Save Mii

I assume UBS is a typo and meant to say USB, mine is USB as well.

Maybe someone else knows whats going on?

ok edit, I think I got it working!!!

I had to create a new save by reloading the game AND then going back into save mi and used your files to do the restore....

I see all characters now finally! and I think the DLC content is also working

thanks for that and to the other person

btw which other game 100% saves do u reccomend

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok edit, I think I got it working!!!

I had to create a new save by reloading the game AND then going back into save mi and used your files to do the restore....

I see all characters now finally! and I think the DLC content is also working

thanks for that and to the other person

btw which other game 100% saves do u reccomend
Yay!

It looks so different with everything unlocked dont it, Your gonna love having the new tracks the DLC gives you, i think its 12 more tracks plus 6 additional characters.

Cant suggest other saves, i only really got the Wii U to play Mario Kart 8 and did not want to spend the money on a Switch when i only really want to play one game.

I have Super Mario bros U, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D land, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and 007 Legends but i wont be bothering with saves for those as they are a kind of game you want to play your way though but i dont know how often i will even play them as i have not touched any of them yet as Mario Kart is what i love.

Im playing Both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8, they are so different and Mario Kart Wii still has a lot of appeal to me as its missing a lot of the gimmicks and is more about racing, i also hate the dam gliders on tracks that came from the Wii ect, that ruins those tracks in my opinion but i do hate the gliders period!

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay!

It looks so different with everything unlocked dont it, Your gonna love having the new tracks the DLC gives you, i think its 12 more tracks plus 6 additional characters.

Cant suggest other saves, i only really got the Wii U to play Mario Kart 8 and did not want to spend the money on a Switch when i only really want to play one game.

I have Super Mario bros U, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D land, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and 007 Legends but i wont be bothering with saves for those as they are a kind of game you want to play your way though but i dont know how often i will even play them as i have not touched any of them yet as Mario Kart is what i love.

Im playing Both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8, they are so different and Mario Kart Wii still has a lot of appeal to me as its missing a lot of the gimmicks and is more about racing, i also hate the dam gliders on tracks that came from the Wii ect, that ruins those tracks in my opinion but i do hate the gliders period!

yes not had a chance to play it properly yet but I did notice that extra characters and the tracks which is awesome. i think the next game i will look for a 100% save is super mario smash bros.

Track HUD - do u mean when on the wii u gamepad with the save i can now see every single character in the game?

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes not had a chance to play it properly yet but I did notice that extra characters and the tracks which is awesome. i think the next game i will look for a 100% save is super mario smash bros.

Track HUD - do u mean when on the wii u gamepad with the save i can now see every single character in the game?
i mean the track map showing with the position of each character/player in the race displayed, but on the same screen as your playing, thats the same as what you mean right?

Until this save was applied i had no onscreen map of the track, i was playing on the gamepad with no idea how far behind other players were which sucked!

I need to crack on with modifying the Console, its right on the limit of reception playing in bed and im going for external antennas for the RF module that handles the Gamepad, i have 14dbi directional Linear antennas (double bi quads) if i want to have a overkill signal but external Dipoles or a monopole whip should be more than good enough while keeping omnidirectional radiation.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Decided to drop a few saves of my own:

-Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics (US) (Game completed, all gold medals obtained, story mode beaten)
-Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 Olympics (US) (Most gold medals obtained, including Sonic amiibo medals, only one or two are silver and none of Mario amiibo medals obtained since I don't own a Mario amiibo)

-Sonic Advance (Jap) (all characters completed, all 7 chaos emeralds, secret level unlocked, unlocked TV+Duck+Trumpet in Chao Garden)
-Sonic Advance 2 (Jap) (all characters unlocked and completed including Amy, all 35 chaos emeralds, secret level unlocked, Chao Garden unlocked with TV+Duck+Trumpet)
-Sonic Advance 3 (Jap) (all characters unlocked, all levels beaten with gold+silver+bronze medals, all chao hidden found, all chaos emeralds, secret level unlocked)

P.S. if you have a US Wii U you will need cfw for Sonic Advance 1-3 since these games were released only in Japan.

Attachments

• Mario And Sonic At The Rio 2016 Olympic Games.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Mario And Sonic At The Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.zip
    67.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Sonic Advance 2.zip
    399.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Sonic Advance 3.zip
    151 KB · Views: 67
  • Sonic Advance.zip
    457.7 KB · Views: 55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...