Hacking Wii U Serial Number Database

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This database is to correlate Wii U serial numbers to firmware versions.

The serial number is found on the bottom of the Wii U box and on the bottom of the Wii U system. On the box, it has it's own designated barcode with "PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER" printed below it. The serial number is two letters followed by nine numbers. Please only post the two letters and first FIVE numbers of the serial number with four X's following.

The firmware that your Wii U is on is found in the Settings menu. Please only log the firmware that your Wii U came on, not what you're on after updating via internet or game disc. Please do not post if you are not 100% certain, as this could throw off all of the data.

Enter your Wii U's serial number and starting firmware version under the correct region in which it belongs. Your region can be found in the Settings menu directly after the firmware version number.
  • U = USA/Canada/Mexico/Latin America
  • E = Europe
  • J = Japan
For more information on Wii U regions, see this

With many entries, it may be possible to find a cutoff point for where each firmware started being loaded onto the systems.

You can find the Serial Number Database HERE

If you're trying to find a match in the table for a serial number you have found, please expect to do some deductive reasoning. If your serial number is a lower number than one in the table, it can be implied that your system has the same or lower firmware.

*If anyone knows how and wants to spruce anything else up, please do. I tried and couldn't figure some of the stuff out lol.*

Last edited by fiveighteen,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added my Mk8 bundle
Which Mario Kart 8 Bundle, the old or latest one? I currently have a brand new Mk8 bundle sitting over here from the Cyber Monday sale on Amazon. Dying to test it's firmware.

Edit: My box says FW7134XXXX (USA) So I'm guessing it's a 5.4.0 Wii U, like others have reported.

One of the MK8 wii's listed in the database is FW7107XXXX (USA) and has 5.3.2

Makes sense considering firmware 5.3.2 is from December 2014. My Wii U is from December 2015 one whole year later.

I cannot check the firmware because I want to keep the console wrapped and brand new, because I'm selling it and buying an older SM3DW Wii U console. Plus I'm not sure if the MK8 preinstalled game will disappear forever when I format the system after checking.

My Wii U won't be on the database, but my information is here if anyone needs it. It's purely speculation though.

Edit: Anyone that got this same bundle recently AND checked their firmware, it would be great if you can post your serial number to compare with mine.

EDIT: Others have already entered their 71343xxx Wii U's in the database, so mine was pretty much going to be 5.5.0 also

Last edited by MattKimura,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I renamed your page to add the console's name.
it will prevent confusion and collision with any future need of similar page for other consoles.
I also edited your link in the first post.

Maybe you should split the list by regions, and remove the region column.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you could enable it just by clicking edit and then look for the word "insert" and the picture of the table.(then clicking "make table sortable")

But I understand the bigger issue of the learning curve.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renamed your page to add the console's name.
it will prevent confusion and collision with any future need of similar page for other consoles.
I also edited your link in the first post.

Maybe you should split the list by regions, and remove the region column.
I thought it being in the "Wii U" category made it self-explanatory haha. Thanks. I originally had separated regions, but then figured we really don't know if serial numbers are all from one pool or if they're region specific. For example, can there be a FW394582958 in both USA and EUR regions? I guess after seeing frankGT's, EUR has 3 starting letters so they should all be different?

Why not "insert table" and "make table sortable"?
I tried copying the one from Loadiine but I didn't want a "compattable"? Guess I could have kept browsing WikiTemp. :wacko: Feel free to make it better. I was just trying to provide some ground work since everyone kept saying "hey we should have a list" and nobody ever got the ball rolling.

Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8 pre installed.

E - FEM10731XXXX - v 4.1
You know, there's a wiki so the community can enter things themselves ;)

Last edited by fiveighteen,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my Super Mario 3D World Bundle console today, came with 1.0.3 firmware. Gonna add the firmware to the database.
FW4081XXXX USA 1.0.3

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
Confirmed that EUR consoles come with a 3 Serial number. Mine is a wii party U basic pack, serial number E-GEH10098XXXX. I don't remember which version did it came with, but I'm sure it was above 5.3.2 because I updated online to it.

Last edited by fraret,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you could enable it just by clicking edit and then look for the word "insert" and the picture of the table.(then clicking "make table sortable")

But I understand the bigger issue of the learning curve.
Uhh, wasn't that easy when using the template. I tried throwing in class="wikitable sortable" and it wasn't wanting to work. I'd love for the table to be sortable though... would make it extremely convenient to order by SN, FW, or bundle.

The templates are at:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:WiiUSerialNumbers
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:WiiUFirmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps