Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi GBAtemp, i was going to play on my Wii U and then i noticed that the console gets stuck after selecting a user on the main menu.

I have got 2 users configured, one is with a nintendo ID acount setup and other is without a nintendo ID account and can't enter on both.
Also i tryed to create a new user but doesn't allow me to do, i press the button of "new user" and gives me a blank screen.
If i choose a user gets stuck at the floating buttons screen
upload_2020-4-19_18-28-10.png

Theres anything that i could do to fix it?
I have installed haxchi and the last time what i did was playing gamecube games directly to the gamepad.

D

Deleted User

Hi GBAtemp, i was going to play on my Wii U and then i noticed that the console gets stuck after selecting a user on the main menu.

I have got 2 users configured, one is with a nintendo ID acount setup and other is without a nintendo ID account and can't enter on both.
Also i tryed to create a new user but doesn't allow me to do, i press the button of "new user" and gives me a blank screen.
If i choose a user gets stuck at the floating buttons screen
View attachment 205373
Theres anything that i could do to fix it?
I have installed haxchi and the last time what i did was playing gamecube games directly to the gamepad.

Did you play via USB-connection? It seems that this is causing many bricked/dead WiiUs. You aren´t the first!
b) It could also be a simple, dead transistor (some guy i read 2 years ago, suddenly got this issue).This is a typical behaviour what happens then. You can no longer safe settings, nor modify them. Because the transistor is dead/faulty...You also get errors in games & downloads might fail...
If it´s a transistor-issue, the repair is quite suprisingly easy (locate where the faulty transistor is, solder it out & solder a new one in, it´s not small, so even any guy with simple solder-skills can do it). If it´s the first case, your console might be irreparably damaged. Since so far nobody could ever repair it/find a solution to this "played months via GX USB & suddenly it gives errors/stopped working/blackscreens"...

Reactions: tozevleal

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you play via USB-connection? It seems that this is causing many bricked/dead WiiUs. You aren´t the first!
b) It could also be a simple, dead transistor (some guy i read 2 years ago, suddenly got this issue).This is a typical behaviour what happens then. You can no longer safe settings, nor modify them. Because the transistor is dead/faulty...You also get errors in games & downloads might fail...
If it´s a transistor-issue, the repair is quite suprisingly easy (locate where the faulty transistor is, solder it out & solder a new one in, it´s not small, so even any guy with simple solder-skills can do it). If it´s the first case, your console might be irreparably damaged. Since so far nobody could ever repair it/find a solution to this "played months via GX USB & suddenly it gives errors/stopped working/blackscreens"...
Yep! i did played a lot in USB connection ... probably im trying to send the console to RMA on CeX. Probably they are going to send me a new one anyways

D

Deleted User

Yep! i did played a lot in USB connection ... probably im trying to send the console to RMA on CeX. Probably they are going to send me a new one anyways

Ehm, you know Nintendo isn´t going to repair a WiiU with Hacks installed? You did have Haxchi right? Chances are, they see it & send it back to you - unrepaired.
And like i said: We don´t even know for sure, what causes all these dead WiiUs while using USB Loader GX (Using USB only, it doesn´t happen with SD-cards)..;)
Chances are high not even Nintendo might know the solution.lol
I have theories what causes it though:

a) Nintendo WARNED users on WiiU to not overload the USB-ports!
b) WiiU-transmission-speed is very slow! Downloads run to USB are also slow (max 2 mbytes/second). Why? Maybe it was done on purpose! Limiting USB-speed per software in order to not overload usb-ports ;)
You gotta know: USB is a direct connection through your cpu. If you overload usb/damage it, chances are high you damage the cpu as well.

c) Maybe that´s why Nintendo warned to not overload usb-ports? Maybe that´s why the USB-ports is software-limited in WiiU-mode?
d) in Wii-mode there´s no software-limit. So you can damage it here...

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Ehm, you know Nintendo isn´t going to repair a WiiU with Hacks installed? You did have Haxchi right? Chances are, they see it & send it back to you - unrepaired.
And like i said: We don´t even know for sure, what causes all these dead WiiUs while using USB Loader GX (Using USB only, it doesn´t happen with SD-cards)..;)

b) WiiU-transmission-speed is very slow! Downloads run to USB are also slow (max 2 mbytes/second). Why? Maybe it was done on purpose! Limiting USB-speed per software in order to not overload usb-ports ;)
You gotta know: USB is a direct connection through your cpu. If you overload usb/damage it, chances are high you damage the cpu as well.

c) Maybe that´s why Nintendo warned to not overload usb-ports? Maybe that´s why the USB-ports is software-limited in WiiU-mode?
I was using a usb flash drive i don't think that is totaly power hungry like a HDD or something external. But yea, the vWii teory can be true tho

D

Deleted User

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
UPDATE: I removed the CMOS battery and gained access to the Wii U Menu again (temporarly since i go put the time correctly... i decided to update the system in the teory that the system could be corrupted and with the update somehow fix the issue)
And it really did indeed fix the issue! I have putted my cmos battery back and its working like new
The update was from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4

Anyways thanks for the help @TheChosen

D

Deleted User

UPDATE: I removed the CMOS battery and gained access to the Wii U Menu again (temporarly since i go put the time correctly... i decided to update the system in the teory that the system could be corrupted and with the update somehow fix the issue)
And it really did indeed fix the issue! I have putted my cmos battery back and its working like new
The update was from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4

Anyways thanks for the help @TheChosen

Pheeeew!

You were lucky with that minor issue. So was the battery empty? Or was it just an error in your WiiU? xD

Btw: I could have told you another method of updating. But it requires an Ethernet-adapter...

But yeah. An update can often fix a software-issue...But if your console no longer can update itrself, then you` ve got a serious problem...

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
The
Pheeeew!

You were lucky with that minor issue. So was the battery empty? Or was it just an error in your WiiU? xD

Btw: I could have told you another method of updating. But it requires an Ethernet-adapter...

But yeah. An update can often fix a software-issue...But if your console no longer can update itrself, then you` ve got a serious problem...
The battery seems to be ok, just for some reason allowed to go further on the login screen... if the update didn't work i would try out to format the system and send it to warranty... at least it didn't came with hacks.

D

Deleted User

Your problem is called "unwanted behaviour" (cpu-instabilty) in my language. Quite often it's a first sign of a dying cpu. It might be, you'll get this problem again & again each time with similar or worse consequences... Be careful!

Read my new thread. I explained there how instable usb-voltage can cause instable & dying cpu...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1