Wii U Update 4.0 Out

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do I have the feeling that this update was to be released after the Nintendo direct video...
Ooooor they did that on purpose and there's a hidden surprise that we don't know about. I mean, if you think about it, why would they release the update BEFORE the Direct unless it's related to it? They wouldn't want everyone to rush to the update or a lot of problems will happen from it, that's another thing that might relate to why they did that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but you still need a mote to play you'll still need to sit in front of the tv :P

anyway did they fix the annoying fucking freezing problem that just pops up at random in any disc game?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but you still need a mote to play you'll still need to sit in front of the tv :P

anyway did they fix the annoying fucking freezing problem that just pops up at random in any disc game?

Well, the GamePad has its own infrared bar right on that black space around the camera, so, you may point to either to your TV or your GamePad.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, it seems that the AR is incorrect on my monitor when using HDMI->DVI and selecting any setting. My monitor fills and I can't select otherwise over DVI. 1080p stretches to 1200p. Not a huge problem, but enough to make things look weird. I guess back to 720p over component I go! (my monitor doesn't support 1080p over component...Dell 2407WFP)

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just shipped a wiiu. I don't know anything about the Vwii stuff yet. If I update will it screw up that stuff? Do I need to stay on old firmware like with 3ds?

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
Huge step in the right direction. Don't see why some people are bitching about having to use a wiimote. Wii games would have to be reprogrammed to use the touch screen and controls for games that require the wiimote. However games that use the classic controller could be possible to use the gamepad. I'm sure Nintendo will be working on something like that for the future.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Huge step in the right direction. Don't see why some people are bitching about having to use a wiimote. Wii games would have to be reprogrammed to use the touch screen and controls for games that require the wiimote. However games that use the classic controller could be possible to use the gamepad. I'm sure Nintendo will be working on something like that for the future.

Touchscreen would be awesome!! Resident Evil with touch.... <3

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
But not everyone likes 4:3, that's the thing, but it can be bypassed, so no complaints. They shouldn't allow vWii mode to have both modes if both modes don't work, they might as well grey out the 16:9 TV option in the settings.

Maybe it's just something they missed and will rectify it in a future update and will add 16.9. Remember it couldn't have been easy to get Wii mode streaming to the gamepad and now they have bypassed that they can work on other nifty things for wii mode and gamepad. What we got it more than we got for gc mode on wii.

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
Touchscreen would be awesome!! Resident Evil with touch.... <3

Could you imagine Umbrella or Darkside Chronicles using the touchscreen. Who knows we were led to believe Wii mode wasn't possible on the gamepad maybe it possible to use the gamepad buttons and touchscreen for all Wii games.

Reactions: BvanBart

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
<3 lovely! Who said Wii U is dead... this makes the Wii U another cool musthave. Now something to take the Gamepad a little further away from the Wii U.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I highly doubt touchscreen support but buttons for some games would be nice. At least for Classic Controller supporting things. I highly doubt more than that will happen though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror