Wii U VC - SNES anti-piracy check?

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i got what i think is a copyright protection error when trying to play mega man x3 zero project, any ideas on how to fix? i can use forwarder/emulator so its not the end of the world

Attachments

• injection error.png
    injection error.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 25

Sheridan

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's not an anti piracy check. A handful of snes games have special chips inside, like the FX chip for Starfox for example. In the case of Mega Man X3 (and X2), they have the CX4 chip. In order to make the injection work, you need a BASE game that emulates the CX4 chip. Luckily, both Mega Man X2 and X3 were officially released, so you can download them and use them as BASE for the injection. I did this with X3, where I used the official X3 as BASE and injected an X3 hack. Worked without issues.

Here's a list of games that use special chips so you can more or less guess what game to use as a BASE:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your reply, it turns out that the latest version of mega man x3 zero project is too large to re-inject back into any mega man game, and doesn't work with other bases that are large enough to accommodate (get the same error you saw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup