Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
I'm pretty sure the control has or can do more stuff than the ipad.
No. Except for buttons, the iPad has everything it can have.

Oh, you know, except for the streaming/interaction from the dedicated gaming console.

QUOTE(EnigmaXtreme @ Jun 7 2011, 02:17 PM)
Am i reading this correctly, the damn things gonna support an external USB drive as additional storage

HELL YEAH!
Yup, and yet people are still complaining about the [lack of] HDD

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't think it's just a monitor hooked up to a controller. It would be either very hard or very expensive to stream that without ANY latency.

Now..what I believe is happening is there is a bit of processing power going on with both sides. Like if the Wii U processes what level elements go where, pretty much the underlying scripting stuff, and maybe the textures, and the controller just handles rendering once it has that info.

I could be completely wrong though. I'm intrested in the tech behind this, not so much on the actual experience.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wireless display technology has improved quite a bit. Of course, I doubt there will be no latency issues (but not much worse than using a wireless 360 controller). Having the controller and console both rendering something seems a little redundant and inefficient. Battery life would plummet greatly if the controller was doing the rendering (which I believe would take more processing power than what you said the console will be doing).

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not terribly impressed with what I've seen so far...except for Link fighting the giant spider. I can't wait for that game to come out.
wub.gif

Anyway, I believe that there's a good chance that the controller will at least be modified. As evidence, I submit the initial mockup of the PS3. Its initial boomerang-like shape was the subject of (in my opinion, justified) ridicule. But they reverted it back to the Dual-Shock model in the end.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I don't think it's just a monitor hooked up to a controller. It would be either very hard or very expensive to stream that without ANY latency.

Now..what I believe is happening is there is a bit of processing power going on with both sides. Like if the Wii U processes what level elements go where, pretty much the underlying scripting stuff, and maybe the textures, and the controller just handles rendering once it has that info.

I could be completely wrong though. I'm intrested in the tech behind this, not so much on the actual experience.
I'm also really interested in this. I don't want to see the console be unplayable without the controller, although that's a really strong possibility.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
I'm not terribly impressed with what I've seen so far...except for Link fighting the giant spider. I can't wait for that game to come out.
wub.gif

Anyway, I believe that there's a good chance that the controller will at least be modified. As evidence, I submit the initial mockup of the PS3. Its initial boomerang-like shape was the subject of (in my opinion, justified) ridicule. But they reverted it back to the Dual-Shock model in the end.

when i saw the trailer, i was like that looks good for a trailer. but then i saw the tech demo

http://kotaku.com/5809555/zelda-games-on-w...k-this-stunning

and it is fantastic. i'm almost completely sold on the 2 screens, specially playing it when my partner wants to watch american idol
tongue.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seraph said:
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
I'm pretty sure the control has or can do more stuff than the ipad.
No. Except for buttons, the iPad has everything it can have.

Oh, you know, except for the streaming/interaction from the dedicated gaming console.

QUOTE(EnigmaXtreme @ Jun 7 2011, 02:17 PM)
Am i reading this correctly, the damn things gonna support an external USB drive as additional storage

HELL YEAH!
Yup, and yet people are still complaining about the [lack of] HDD

External drives are cheap as sin, though Nintendo should jump on the USB 3.0 bandwagon and support 3.0 drives.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I think the whole Tabletroller idea is pretty damn stupid IMO, but people will eat it up just the same.

Just don't buy this thing based solely on "LOL WE ARE DOING CORE GAMES TOO DERP"

you couls say the same about PSV witch is jsut a upgrade psp XD

x17th

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was watching this with a bunch of others on another stream. It's quite confusing, people didn't really know if this was the console or just a controller. It got a little hectic and confusing in there, but I believe there's a picture of the console online somewhere, I saw it too.

I don't know if that's what we're arguing/discussing about though, so my bad. >>

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy I know brought up something interesting... I wonder what will happen if someone attempts the Smash Stack on the Wii U. Only time shall tell.

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
SamAsh07 said:
Sony: The Wii-U is just an HD version of Wii with kiddy games and a controller with a screen so huge, it puts the DSi XL to shame.

*Next Day*

Sony gets hacked.

LMAO!

Wii U is going to bring Nintendo back to the frontline of Console Wars

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
I think you mean Nintendo copy pasta-ed this from Sony. Look up PS3 PSP Remote Play.

SamAsh07 said:
Nintendo GameCube linked with a GBA during those cable eras
rolleyes.gif

Nintendo have been attempting to combine the handheld and home consoles for ages, unfortunately very few games have successfully utilised it

Slimmmmmm said:
I've also not seen much mention of the DS/i/3DS and how that will come into play.

I suspect that is because they claimed that the Wii and the DS would be inseperable and the DS would be like another controller, and as far as I can see it never happened- if the 3DS is fully integrated with the WiiU it would be nice but they probably don't want to announce it if it is only a maybe.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Jun 7 2011, 09:47 PM)
They've been family friendly for only 2 generations. Before the Gamecube it wasn't like that.

Ermmmmm.... FAMICOM? FAMIly COMputer?! Nintendo have always prided themselves on targetting the family market. One of the main complaints of the N64 was the amount of 'kids' games- that is why they lost so much third party support during the Gamecube era- despite having some of the best original first-person shooters, the N64 using cartridges and having the bright coloured Mario 64 to showcase it's power put a lot of the young male PS1 loving gamers off- the ones who thought Sony was cool as they'd heard people could play Wipeout in swanky London clubs.
And who can forget the changes made to SNES games (sweat instead of blood in Mortal Kombat, and the terrible Nazi-free wolfenstein port)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo