Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
falcon64z8 said:
I like the new controller. Really want to try it out and I could see potential in what developers do. Like in racing games I could see all the tachometer and lap times display on the controller etc.
Cause ya know, taking your eyes off the road to check your times and speed during a racing game makes complete sense.

i agree. that's my main concern for games. maybe they'll also make you answer the phone and put make up on as you race.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a cool looking system, but I can wait for it. I'm mainly excited about the 3DS news. And all the new trailers they have on Nintendo.com of 3DS games. Also, for anyone who did not know, you can download 3DS trailers in 3D from eShop.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
TheDarkSeed said:
I want to be able to buy three controllers and not exceed the price of the system. :/

that's why the system will be the price of 4 controllers!
I'd say $120 for each controller. So $480?
hateps3.gif

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The tech demo looks good, but I don't really look for a "powerhouse" console, game and gameplay matter MUCH more.
And for the gameplay part, it might be really good, can't wait to see some video.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
falcon64z8 said:
I like the new controller. Really want to try it out and I could see potential in what developers do. Like in racing games I could see all the tachometer and lap times display on the controller etc.
Cause ya know, taking your eyes off the road to check your times and speed during a racing game makes complete sense.

Stop being so closed-minded. Those were just ideas. I could imagine that same racing game using the controller as the wheel, with the screen showing information behind the steering wheel (but not rotating with it with the use of the camera) like you would see the dashboard behind the wheel in a real car.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Jun 7 2011, 01:21 PM)
Also, most retarded name for a console to date. Honestly, are the people working at Nintendo snorting coke while they come up with names for their consoles, same goes for their ideas on how to "improve" gaming which if anything they are just making it worse for themselves in particular.

Because incrementing with numbers and only improving graphics is all that counts. Innovation is the future, whether you like it or not.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I think the whole Tabletroller idea is pretty damn stupid IMO, but people will eat it up just the same.

Just don't buy this thing based solely on "LOL WE ARE DOING CORE GAMES TOO DERP"

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I think the whole Tabletroller idea is pretty damn stupid IMO, but people will eat it up just the same.

Just don't buy this thing based solely on "LOL WE ARE DOING CORE GAMES TOO DERP"
What about the PSV? It seems a lot of people are buying it because of the very same reason.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valwin said:
QUOTE said:
>Reggie confirms 1080p in GT interview, and ensures that 1st party games will take full advantage of the console's hardware to the fullest
>announce long-desired full support for 3rd party developers and announce new partnerships with popular third parties, Reggie confirms that Nintendo will help provide marketing for 3rd party titles, from a 1st party perspective
>Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders 2, Tekken, Dirt, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Metro Last Light, Ninja Gaiden 3, and more, coming to new console.
>new console called Wii "U" specially because Nintendo heard the complaints, and wanted to make a console for "you" (the hardcore gamer) while still keeping all the functionality of the Wii
>Reggie claims the pricing of the WiiU in respect to what you get as far as "value", will be "absolutely competitive"
>"Are they working on something Zelda-related?" - GT
>"They are always working [...] I don't like the term 'tech demo' ; it undersells what we're trying to do." - Reggie

Battlefield 3 and Metro: Last Light for serious? My only concern is whether or not Metro will run in a similar fashion to it's PC brother or will it be more like Metro: 2033 version on the 360 and PS3 which had some dumbed down graphical features due to hardware limitations that will also be seen in upcoming games like Duke Nukem Forever. I hope that this console runs OpenGL 3.0, 4.0 or DirectX 11 types of visual capabilities because that would put Nintendo ahead of the competition if they are able to produce a console with bolstered video processing that the competition won't have available for a few more years till their next generations are out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

This is getting a little fanboyish and no longer "McCommunist" -like.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Slyakin said:
TwinRetro said:

What about the PSV? It seems a lot of people are buying it because of the very same reason.

Because Sony has already proven that they can appease both Core gamers and Casual gamers. Nintendo, not so much.

Edit: Why is it when I don't go with the popular opinion, I seem to be labeled a "Fanboy?" I don't own one Sony product, and every single console both handheld and otherwise has seen the inside of my home. I give everything a fair shake, but I'm not scared to give my first impressions.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DiscostewSM said:
DSGamer64 said:
falcon64z8 said:

Stop being so closed-minded. Those were just ideas. I could imagine that same racing game using the controller as the wheel, with the screen showing information behind the steering wheel (but not rotating with it with the use of the camera) like you would see the dashboard behind the wheel in a real car.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Jun 7 2011, 01:21 PM)
Also, most retarded name for a console to date. Honestly, are the people working at Nintendo snorting coke while they come up with names for their consoles, same goes for their ideas on how to "improve" gaming which if anything they are just making it worse for themselves in particular.

Because incrementing with numbers and only improving graphics is all that counts. Innovation is the future, whether you like it or not.

Sorry but after 5 years of being screwed by Nintendo with the Wii, I couldn't give two shits about innovation when they don't have the power to perform against the competition. The Wii sucked, and it failed hard because 3rd parties knew how terribly limited it was and that Nintendo wasn't going to take the risk on releasing a power house console along with new controllers, that would not have sold well so they opted for the innovation route. Now it's time for them to shut up about innovation and put performance as the focus and goal because otherwise they will just get beaten to the punch. When 3rd parties don't support you, along with the hardcore gaming audience, you did it wrong.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Slyakin said:
TwinRetro said:

Because Sony has already proven that they can appease both Core gamers and Casual gamers. Nintendo, not so much.
last-story-660.jpg

They have, and this is only one of many examples.

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Jun 7 2011, 04:40 PM)
Edit: Why is it when I don't go with the popular opinion, I seem to be labeled a "Fanboy?" I don't own one Sony product, and every single console both handheld and otherwise has seen the inside of my home. I give everything a fair shake, but I'm not scared to give my first impressions.
Because you slowly turn to fanboyism whenever you try to prove a point to someone, and grab something ridiculous to make an accusation against a company with. I try to accept your opinions, but each post it just gets harder and harder.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

A lot of people were skeptical about the Wii's controller but people warmed up to it over time. I understand what you mean because I'm still thinking whether this new controller will work. I personally don't know what to think, but Nintendo has done this before and come out successful. Well just have to wait and see if this innovation will benefit gaming and throw it in the right direction.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
KingVamp said:
TwinRetro said:
Only PSV is proving that, just like the WiiU is.

I didn't see you point.

Because you are taking my statement on the CONSOLE level, I'm speaking about how Nintendo has been a casual, family friendly family for YEARS, not really making many core games. Sony has proven they can do both since the PS1 has come out. Do you see where I'm going with this?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Sorry Nintendo. That is the WORST controller I have ever seen for a couple of reasons.
1. Price. That 6 inch touch screen won't come cheap. I reckon that's going to go for £50+
2. Size. Its a big-ass rectangle. Its about as ergonomic as a giant NES controller.
3. Layout. Sorry Nintendo that control layout is just gonna kill it. Due to the large size everything's spread out and will just cause a load of trouble for playing any serious games.

Here's my advice to Nintendo: Keep this one for the casual market, maybe it'll sell well. Personally I don't think so but whatever. Make a redesigned, lighter, smaller, more ergonomic and above-all cheaper version for proper gamers. If I'm Playing Zelda I don't want a giant inventory screen between my hands, I just want a small one, around the size of a DSi XL screen. Everything shrinks down to a more manageable size for anybody without giant hands and we can play it well. Everybody wins
biggrin.gif

You are negative and a big judgement. Be patient for next year and you will regret. Jeez!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
KingVamp said:
TwinRetro said:
Only PSV is proving that, just like the WiiU is.

I didn't see you point.

Because you are taking my statement on the CONSOLE level, I'm speaking about how Nintendo has been a casual, family friendly family for YEARS, not really making many core games. Sony has proven they can do both since the PS1 has come out. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Well, we'll just have to see for now. The public's view can change about things in one generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo