Hacking Wii VC backups on vWii?

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So N64 is not on Wii U VC yet...

Can I dump official N64 VC wads from my old Wii and install in vWii? If so, do I need to fix the wads or something (region free etc)?

ModderWizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just make sure you install cIOS first
You shouldn't need to patch it (Assuming the WiiU and Wii are the same region)
(Source: Me, I tried it, it worked)

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap. My old Wii is a USA one (all VC titles NTSC), while I can install and get them running on vWii mode, they sound and look like crap as they are displayed in PAL video mode. :-(

loco365

Trophies
XP
Crap. My old Wii is a USA one (all VC titles NTSC), while I can install and get them running on vWii mode, they sound and look like crap as they are displayed in PAL video mode. :-(

I think the Gecko launcher as well as some USB launchers can force video modes on titles so they can play and display properly.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Couple questions regarding this

Considering that about all lcd/led/plasma tvs support 50Hz and 60Hz, does the game being ntsc or pal really matters much?

I'm asking cause I tried some vc titles, but unless by some chance they are all ntsc, none of them set my tv to 50Hz, they all run at 60Hz... Do some play at 50Hz while upscaled to 1080p mode?

When u say they look like crap, you mean because of the low 480 lines ntsc resolution compared to the better 576 lines pal resolution, or u mean the frame rate or something else?

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, my dumped NTSC VC titles play in 1080p 50hz even thou they are in 60hz natively. The framerate stutters and so do the audio.

EDIT: I got them working with USB Loader GX, running fine at 60hz now... :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Something about download limit or something lol