Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Wait a minute, I got the ws_mom_ntsc_m3.iso and when I open it with WiiScruber, the update partition is still there, how can this be unproper or underdumped, you people are good to lie about things....!!
lecture.gif
Its all lies, all 3 releases still have the update partitions intact.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So reading the thread over, you absolutely NEED to delete the update partition to run the game? I'm running USBLoader GX on Rev17 with the update partition intact, and the game gives me a disk read error on the cutscene where Samus gets the baby distress call (in the very beginning, right after training). I've read that the game works on cIOS249rev20 and also that it works with some other loaders, but I'm not sure what the primary issue is so that I can get past the DRE. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need 2 use cIOSxrev20b and use base 38 then update Hermes cIOSs with Hermes v5.1!! lol I 2 have this setup and it's running smoothly on USB Loader GX!! lol

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Kept reading the thread, and apparently you need to update your Wiikey? Gonna give it a go and see how it goes!

Edit: No dice. I still got reading issues and choppy cutscenes
frown.gif

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
choppy cut scenes has nothing to do with he loader or the chip or the game. Its cause your playing it off a backup disk and those read slower than original disks. Your only solution for that is either buy the game or usb loading.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks! I'm just gonna buy the game then.. I was getting this as an early treat since I planned on getting it anyway... oh well.

Thanks dude.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wish i could help everyone,but I honostly dont know how it worked.I think it worked for me cause im using a DVD DL-R. Most people here are using DVD DL+R.If anyone has a -DL disc,try that instead.The game works perfect for me,except its annoying trying to get it to load,for the newest Darkcorp does not allow it to show up on the disc channel,so i have to use Neogamma.Neogamma has DL disc reading problems.When the game finialy loads,though,it works pefect.Except for sometimes it takes a while to load rooms up.

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need help. Game (Legit copy on 4.2U firmware) keeps freezing on my Wii at the EXACT same part. The part where it zooms in on her face, and she says something along the lines of "I changed my ship's route like it was originally part of the flight plan" or something. According to GameFAQs, it's a "known piracy issue and I need to buy the game, fag."
Of course, after posting pics my thread died. I haven't updated my IOS files in quite a while, so I'm just wondering if Metroid Other M needs a specific IOS rev to load?

EDIT: Got it to work by loading with IOS 222.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still freezes at the cutscene after the first save point. i've got cios rev20b and i've tried 249 and 222 with a variety of bases. And I have looked through my ISO and I saw no update partition,

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,i got bored and decided to start a new file on this to see how quick i can beat the game.Not 100 percent since i did that on my first file.

With 66%.i beat it in 6 hours and 41 minutes.Thank anyone can beat my time?I could have got it quicker,but i had a brain fart at the end and forgot where to go.

Fahrenheit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a different kind of problem. Early in the game i get to a green door, When i walk close to it it says now loading and nothing happens. I'm using CFG

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I definitely think that there is some form of anti piracy on this game. I've tried evey usbloader and cios combo that I can think of and I still can't get past the freeze during the super missile fight in the geothermal plant. It doesn't freeze during the cutscene but during the battle itself and its accompanied with that strange buzzing sound. I've also tried every release I could find. I'm giving up for now cause Im pretty sick and tired of watching the same extra long CG scene. Hope someone finds a fix for this soon.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Discs used: 1
Brand: Memorex
Link to item: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817501023
lol, I bought it back in march 2009. They changed the packaging...but might still be the same discs?

The burner in my main rig doesn't allow changing the booktype(sony), but my brother's crap notebook forces +r's to dvd-rom despite being a piece of crap.
burned with the layerbreak mentioned @ 4x write speed, using IMGburn, unknown drive

The wii was softmod via bannerbomb, and all cIOS were installed as default to the default base.
NeoGamma r9 beta44 is used as launcher, with IOS reloading blocked(dunno why, just did)

I don't see how people have any problems with this, all the hints given in this sea of spoilers are enough.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nusilver said:
This has been posted by others before, but I thought I'd throw it out there again for those having trouble. I got the game running, but it would frequently crash during cut scenes, and I had other issues, where "loading" would stay on the screen and doors wouldn't open. At the time, I was using ciosxrev20b/57/249; I tried using ios56 as well, with no luck. I was about ready to give up - I have a copy on pre-order with Amazon anyway (and I hope all of you playing this have also pre-ordered it or are planning to buy it!). Then I tried one more thing - shifting to ios222/223 - and I've been playing for hours now without issue.

Here are links to the steps I took to get this working properly (from a USB HDD):

1) Download http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg59a-222.dol, put it in a folder called "cfg loader" or something appropriate, inside the "apps" folder of your SD card. Don't forget to rename cfg59a-222.dol to "boot.dol"

2) Next, follow all the steps on this page: http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 - download and run IOS236 installer v1. When you're installing ios236, select "I have no use for pirated games," otherwise you'll go through some hassle as the coder chides you for piracy; you'll have to delete the installer from your SD card and re-install it. Again, select "I have no use for pirated games," I think it's option 2.

3) Follow all the steps here next: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 - it's very important you go through ALL steps 1-12 in the installation procedure section.

4) Launch the homebrew channel, run cfg loader 59a 222, and select your game from your appropriate storage device. If it tells you something about FAT partitions and no partitions found, select the WBFS partition I'm assuming you've already set up on your HDD. No further configuration is necessary.

5) Enjoy the game, and if you like it, buy it: http://www.amazon.com/Metroid-Other-M-Nint...7890&sr=8-1
I did all this with no luck I freeze at the cut scene right after the first boss where you freeze his arms . I deleted the update partition as well

also im running CIOS 222 now i think i did try CIOS rev 20 b on 249 but my wii says im on 3.2U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up