mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
You guys still can't get the game working on a softmod and disc?
Odd how I have it working fine on a 4.2U wii, NeoGamma r9 beta44, cIOSXrev20b

I deleted the update partition as well(meaning the iso I have isn't this, or the other nuked one)
Burned with IMGBurn with the layer break mentioned in the 1st 30 pages at 4x write speed on a memorex dvd+r dl(IMGburn recognized it as a ritek >_>)
And enabled ios reload blocking in NeoGamma for kicks.

Working fine aside from some skipping on dialog
Theres dialog skipping for you?Odd.I'm using a DVD DL-R and no skipping or anything.Just loads slow when you load back up your file,and sometimes takes a while to load up a room.Most of the time the rooms are loaded up.Once I died from a room not being loaded.xD

Goemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm the problem I had was the bad dump (Wiitard)
Soon as I got the other release (iND) it worked like a charm.

Currently 3.5 hours in. It's a good game but it's not reaching the dizzy heights of Prime yet.

Thanks all

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:
Omega_2 said:
You guys still can't get the game working on a softmod and disc?
Odd how I have it working fine on a 4.2U wii, NeoGamma r9 beta44, cIOSXrev20b

I deleted the update partition as well(meaning the iso I have isn't this, or the other nuked one)
Burned with IMGBurn with the layer break mentioned in the 1st 30 pages at 4x write speed on a memorex dvd+r dl(IMGburn recognized it as a ritek >_>)
And enabled ios reload blocking in NeoGamma for kicks.

Working fine aside from some skipping on dialog
Theres dialog skipping for you?Odd.I'm using a DVD DL-R and no skipping or anything.Just loads slow when you load back up your file,and sometimes takes a while to load up a room.Most of the time the rooms are loaded up.Once I died from a room not being loaded.xD
Loading speed is fine, about the same as a retail disc, it's only the cutscene dialog that stutters. Other than that, first dual layer to actually work on this thing.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this ISO is as fine as can be, i completed the Game got 100% of the Items and i didnt have a SINGLE hang
we should start calling this release the PROPER, wether it has it's update partition removed or NOT (because the one i downloaded DID still have it)

nando said:
omega_2, you just forced me to install "comic sans be gone" - i just couldn't handle it anymore

That made me laugh so fucking hard XD

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
loash said:
so my game just froze again during a cutscene....about 4-5 hours in when you fight
ridley, it freezes when anthony is shooting at him

ugh, this game is giving me headaches. i'm using cfgloader, ios222/223 with 002fix and update partition deleted. what else should i do?

any idea guys?

im using cfgloader v59, hemmes v4 222/223, fat32 hdd. also updated cios to rev20 and still freezes using 249

Ashler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys.

Had a couple of problems myself, my Wii (4.2) was freezing after the baby cry cutscene, here is what solved it.

- Upgraded cIOS to Rev20 (cIOS 249 with IOS56 base)
- Installed NeoGamma R9 beta 36 (was using old NeoGamma R7 release)
- Installed Hemmes cIOS 222/223
- Game installed to external HDD with WBFS (game partition only)

Working fine now mounting USB HDD under Neogamma R9.

hope this helps!

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
100%.Playtime: 17:58:56.

Game wasn't as good as Super Metroid,but it was really good.better than all the Primes.Idk if its better than Fusion.Never could get into it.Just didnt like it.Might play it again soon,since that is ofcorse the next part in the story.

I started hard mode on Other M,went through about 30 mins,but then desided to not do it anymore since i have everything unlocked already.Just not worth it. But this was a great game.I dont care what people say about this game.It was good.

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RayJT9 said:
Sounds like a bad dump. I was able to get through the game on my copy, every time it froze I just switched the Other M disc for a lens cleaning disc then when it failed to read it I put the Other M disc back in and it continued the cutscene.

I don't see how, there's a ton of comments on the torrent's page that people have managed to get it to work. Even when I do everything they do, though, I can't get the stupid thing to work. -_-

anonydragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To whom it may concern:
I just spent all of today trying to get this game to work. Nothing on this forum helped, I always crashed during the cutscene after the training. I am using Configurable USB Loader 59a, hermes cios 222 v5.1 and I have a FAT32 formatted drive.

I just now solved my problem.

The problem wasn't the dump, it wasn't my cios, it wasn't my hard drive. It was the software I used to convert/split my files to wbfs. I had been using version 1.2 of wbfs_file. When I switched to version 2.9, reconverted back to iso from my split files, and then split again on the new version, I no longer had the crash problem.

That being said, I am glad I read this forum to learn about PimpMyWii, that's a really useful program that basically takes all the hunt and peck hassle out of upgrading your ioses.

See if this works for you guys, I hope it helps.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harroxelas said:
This game owns! Just like Metroid Fusion!
I never really liked Fusion.Every time i play it,i just cant get into it.This was great,however.Still,i think the best Metroid would have to be Super Metroid,but this is way better than most Metroid games.

RyougaSaotome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E30Nova said:
Wow this is getting annoying. I've tried downloading the latest cIOS updates with NUS Auto Downloader and it didn't help. I just ran Pimp My Wii and updated everything and it didn't help. I've tried the latest versions of NeoGamma, USB Loader GX, and uLoader and none of them work. I've even removed the update partition and that didn't help.

The farthest I can get is literally right after the main "menu." As soon as I pick my language and hit the 1 button, there's a cutscene with asteroids/meteors. About 5 seconds into that cutscene the game freezes, every time with every loader.

I'm about to throw my Wii out the window.
hate2.gif

Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue.

Any advice?

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ha, on a whim I just tried re-extracting the iso and now it works. I'm already past the "baby's cry" scene so I guess I'm good to go.

But I already don't like the controls. -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...