Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the games themselves you need to go into the games' settings menu. best just to mess with the deflicker option for each game. 480p pixel patch is for only some older wii's to fix a hardly noticable pixel issue in 480p.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
for the games themselves you need to go into the games' settings menu. best just to mess with the deflicker option for each game. 480p pixel patch is for only some older wii's to fix a hardly noticable pixel issue in 480p.
thaks. Do you mean that i have to enter into the Games settings of each game? If so, which are the settings you suggest to modify in order to improve graphic?
I haven't understood what do you mean with the deflicker option...i'm sorry...
thanks!

Last edited by legolas119,

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys!

I just realized Wiiflow Lite DOES HAVE Wiimmfi embedded as an option already!
I had been looking for it in the global settings, and just found it inside the GAME PER GAME settings (gear next to game cover when clicking on a title).
This is great news for my little twin nephews' Christmas Wii (I am just polishing it, it is 99.99% ready)
This way my Niece can play AnimalCrossing with a Priiloader patched original CD, and my Nephew can play AnimalCrossing with Wiiflow Lite and still connect to me to get cool stuff from my Ranch.

I love Wiiflow Lite, man!

Anyways, when I found the game per game settings I also realized there is an option to keep an "activity blue led" on while playing said title.
I have been trying to keep the blue light on, for cool factor, on my nephews' Wii, but so far only game per game setting has worked. There is a Led Light App in the HomeBrew store, but the light settings seem to only work within the app, not globally.

Is there a way, inside of WiiFlow, to make ALL GAMES show the "Activty Blue Led Light" globally? (instead of setting it one by one)

worstcase_scenario

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
first: a big thank you for your wonderful app! It is really appreciated. Keep up your good work!

One Question: I was just wondering if Wiiflow is able to show an animated background (like a gif) in a theme - or does it just support static pngs?

Would be great if someone here can answer me this... Thanks!

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
first: a big thank you for your wonderful app! It is really appreciated. Keep up your good work!

One Question: I was just wondering if Wiiflow is able to show an animated background (like a gif) in a theme - or does it just support static pngs?

Would be great if someone here can answer me this... Thanks!
thanks, just static pngs.

worstcase_scenario

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your quick reply. That's a pity, but I kind of thought so already. Perhaps this feature can be implemented in a future version of Wiiflow? Would definitely be great. But of course it's not high priority or a bug, just an aesthetic wish.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're not using a native 480p display, it's almost impossible to notice the difference of the "480p fix" because the image will be processed in all manner of ways by your TV due to upscaling, HDMI, post-processing.

If you are using a native 480p display (like me) with no scaling or processing at all to the image, it's a perceptible improvement in sharpness, but it's not huge.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I need help is where do you put retroarch-wii folder i know there is 2nd go in app the reason i want to make sure one folder that go in root of sd card or in WiiFlow folder so i can get confirm?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

EmuNand problem i cannot figure out, not sure if it is WFL related or cIOS issue.

First thing i must point out is i personally use USB with neek2o for my 3 Wii consoles, all set up identical, all 3 have zero issues using WFL 554 stable.

I have set up maybe 75 Wii mods in my time and i believe this console i have modified recently is only the 2nd of the true 1st editions. Even my 2006 console (which i still use as my main) doesn't have the true birthmark.

Long story short, i used ModMii with SmashStack like always, everything is working as expected.

So i decided to set up EmuNand for WiiWare games since they are planning on using a 128gb SD. I used SD EmuNand for one of my Wii's for a many years and recall only very few games not working (Rebirth games & others). After testing, i became aware of many issues that are unexplainable to me.

Please keep in mind, the set up is correct, FAT32, and i am using my tried and true SD cards and personal Wii for alternate testing.

I have tried using different cIOS base, reverted back to v8, flip flopped cIOS, installed the kitchen sink, nothing seems to fix many games not working that i know work from USB now, and i know worked from SD before.

Reverting back to 553 seems to fix some compatibility, but not all, and i have not reverted to 549 to test yet. What does seem to work using WFL 554 is forcing 249 on individual games regardless. Very Bizarre...

I have a question if you could please give me the info?
In Startup Settings, if Force cIOS Revision is set to Auto, with Force Load cIOS set to Off, will WFL default to 249?

Trying to figure out if [56] or [57] cIOS is the culprit or maybe something i have overlooked.
Thank you for any clarification and sorry about such a long post.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question if you could please give me the info?
In Startup Settings, if Force cIOS Revision is set to Auto, with Force Load cIOS set to Off, will WFL default to 249?
with force load cios off - wfl uses ios 58 and will have to reload to the cios needed when launching the game.
force cios revision allows you to tell wfl which cios to use during wfl use (auto is basically 249). when a game is launched if the games ios is set to auto wfl will get the ios the game is internally set to use and then choose a cios from the list of cios you have installed (slots 246 to 252 i think).

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with force load cios off - wfl uses ios 58 and will have to reload to the cios needed when launching the game.
force cios revision allows you to tell wfl which cios to use during wfl use (auto is basically 249). when a game is launched if the games ios is set to auto wfl will get the ios the game is internally set to use and then choose a cios from the list of cios you have installed (slots 246 to 252 i think).
Thank you.

I must of been confusing USB (neek2o) compatibility with SD EmuNand. My test results are pretty consistent no matter which Wii console or WFL version testing all from 549-554.

I have the WiiWare library separated by 3 tiers only installing the top 115 to SD. Around a half dozen require neek2o iirc, so that leaves around 110 titles to test with 1/3 done.

I will post my results here when finished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!