Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Floatzel_trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, I'm having some problems with the connectivity with the pro controller.
Each time I disconnect it, the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack stops recognizing any nearby bluetooth device.
Is there some way to keep the Stack working all the time? I have to reinstall it each time I want to play with the pro controller.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Each time I disconnect it, the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack stops recognizing any nearby bluetooth device.
Is there some way to keep the Stack working all the time? I have to reinstall it each time I want to play with the pro controller.
Does unplugging and replugging the bluetooth USB dongle fix the problem? If it is an internal bluetooth card, go to device manager, find your bluetooth card and right-click and hit "disable", then enable it again the same way.

Floatzel_trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Does unplugging and replugging the bluetooth USB dongle fix the problem? If it is an internal bluetooth card, go to device manager, find your bluetooth card and right-click and hit "disable", then enable it again the same way.
I've already done that, and it did not helped at all...

Floatzel_trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So even force quitting the entire program with Task manager won't solve the problem?
Nope... It seems weird to me that I must reinstall everything all over again when it gets disconnected.
I had to force the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack to be recognized by my pc, but if it worked once, I don't know why it stops working after a while.

Brottus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
i bought the wii u pro controller for my wii u and found out that i could use it on my pc :-). But my has no Bluetooth so i need a dongle and if i get it right i than need to replace the normal driver with the toshiba stack. So my quesition is can someone give me some hints on what i have to look for the dongle. Do i need bluetooth 4 or is lower compatible and is this thoshiba driver compatible with almost all dongle or just with specific ones ?
Sry if i missed a list or something with the combatible dongle ones and this is a repeated question.

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm having exactly the same problem, and I'm also didn't find any solution. I'm using software called WiinUPro, what program are you using?
btw, I'm also have DS4 connected to pc via bluetooth and it works like a charm without toshiba stack. Hope someday wiiu pro controller will also be able to work with standard bt drivers :)

Hi guys,
i bought the wii u pro controller for my wii u and found out that i could use it on my pc :-). But my has no Bluetooth so i need a dongle and if i get it right i than need to replace the normal driver with the toshiba stack. So my quesition is can someone give me some hints on what i have to look for the dongle. Do i need bluetooth 4 or is lower compatible and is this thoshiba driver compatible with almost all dongle or just with specific ones ?
Sry if i missed a list or something with the combatible dongle ones and this is a repeated question.
I'm using ASUS USB-BT211 and it works w/o any issues.

Brottus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thx for the suggestion ggl0l. According to wiinupro there seems normaly no problem with any bluetooth dongle so i will try just one and hope the best. And maybe this helps you according to justin from wiinpro you can bind the toshiba stack under the device manager to the controller so you dont have to reinstall each time.

Johnny mcT

Trophies
XP
Country
One wii U pro controller works great.
Using toshiba drivers, vjoy and wiinpro with a n64 emulator. But when I try to plug in 2 or more controllers I run into some problems. In wiinupro the default input assignments for controller 1 is set to keyboard hotkeys and trying to change the hotkeys it recognises the analog stick y axis up as 'W'... would appreciate any help on this issue.
Merry xmas to you all!

Last edited by Johnny mcT,

Bonzaijoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hate bumping such an old thread but I'm looking for some help here. I'm experiencing an issue where as soon as I connect my pro controller, it turns off. The bluetooth then stops recognizing it as connected and it is not able to be used. It's extremely frustrating, because the first time I used the controller on my PC, it worked great! Now that I'm trying to connect it a second time, it won't fully connect and it just shuts off. I've tried reinstalling everything and I've tried restarting my computer / unplugging and replugging my bluetooth adapter and nothing seems to be working? Is anyone else having a similar issue? Because I've searched for hours to try to get this working and nobody seems to be able to fix it!

Bonzaijoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hate bumping such an old thread but I'm looking for some help here. I'm experiencing an issue where as soon as I connect my pro controller, it turns off. The bluetooth then stops recognizing it as connected and it is not able to be used. It's extremely frustrating, because the first time I used the controller on my PC, it worked great! Now that I'm trying to connect it a second time, it won't fully connect and it just shuts off. I've tried reinstalling everything and I've tried restarting my computer / unplugging and replugging my bluetooth adapter and nothing seems to be working? Is anyone else having a similar issue? Because I've searched for hours to try to get this working and nobody seems to be able to fix it!
Fixed It! Just had to connect it to my Wii U, then after I was done playing Wii U game, I tried it and it connected to my PC perfectly!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One wii U pro controller works great.
Using toshiba drivers, vjoy and wiinpro with a n64 emulator. But when I try to plug in 2 or more controllers I run into some problems. In wiinupro the default input assignments for controller 1 is set to keyboard hotkeys and trying to change the hotkeys it recognises the analog stick y axis up as 'W'... would appreciate any help on this issue.
Merry xmas to you all!

Hi, is the goal to have both controllers using vJoy? Make sure you have least 2 virtual joysticks configured. You can change the default key just by clicking on it and the selecting vJoy from the drop down menu.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish people would stop posting the Mayflash adapter everywhere. Sure it might save you setup time but if you are like me where every $20 bill matters, you'll take the extra time to setup this instead (you know for free). Even if you do end up having to buy a Bluetooth dongle it has more uses than just for connecting Pro Controllers and they are cheaper.

Plus the adapter only supports one controller at a time for XInput mode and only offers two face button layout options. A user also said that people have been reporting deadzone issues with it. So I say WiinUPro is at least worth a shot before you go buying anything.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish people would stop posting the Mayflash adapter everywhere. Sure it might save you setup time but if you are like me where every $20 bill matters, you'll take the extra time to setup this instead (you know for free). Even if you do end up having to buy a Bluetooth dongle it has more uses than just for connecting Pro Controllers and they are cheaper.

Plus the adapter only supports one controller at a time for XInput mode and only offers two face button layout options. A user also said that people have been reporting deadzone issues with it. So I say WiinUPro is at least worth a shot before you go buying anything.
Back when WinUPro required going into a special mode for windows to allow an unsigned vJoy drivers and had shoddy compatibility I wouldn't complain, but now WinUSoft works so damn well I wonder why the Wii U Pro controller isn't the controller of choice for everyone.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when WinUPro required going into a special mode for windows to allow an unsigned vJoy drivers and had shoddy compatibility I wouldn't complain, but now WinUSoft works so damn well I wonder why the Wii U Pro controller isn't the controller of choice for everyone.
I forgot about that, man its been a long time. The latest version of vJoy supports force feedback too so that will be in the release as well.

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, just have one question about WiinUSoft.

Program works great, controller connects and the games recognize it, but I think I'm having deadzone issues?
For example, say I were to move the joystick rapidly. In MGS5 TPP doing that makes Snake do a kinda shuffle on spot.
I experimented with calibration but I still get that odd kinda movement.

Is there a way to fix that? Thanks -SM

Last edited by SMVB64,

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just have one question about WiinUSoft.

Program works great, controller connects and the games recognize it, but I think I'm having deadzone issues?
For example, say I were to move the joystick rapidly. In MGS5 TPP doing that makes Snake do a kinda shuffle on spot.
I experimented with calibration but I still get that odd kinda movement.

Is there a way to fix that? Thanks -SM

Hmm, try downloading this XInput tester program http://www.jayceooi.com/download-xbox-360-controller-emulator-for-pc-games/
And see how the joystick input looks to try and see a better idea of what's going on there.

Reactions: SMVB64

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, try downloading this XInput tester program http://www.jayceooi.com/download-xbox-360-controller-emulator-for-pc-games/
And see how the joystick input looks to try and see a better idea of what's going on there.

I used the XInput program and the results are kinda odd?
The button mapping for some reason is all out of wack. For example pressing ZR, ZL triggers the right joystick? For the left joystick, the numbers are interesting.
http://imgur.com/91YkAUt
Sometimes it go to 0.1 after moving the stick, other times it goes to the random numbers.
As of now only MGS5 seem effected, other games I tested seem to be working OK. My controller is drunk lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Arnauw: Hello, anyone knows if Nintendo release update 1.0.1 for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door?