PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't it be better to work as Duckstation? Or is PCSX-ReARMed the same thing?

In theory it's better to start completely from scratch using the decades of console and emulation knowledge gained, which is what duckstation is. In practice it's a lot easier to improve and refine what already existed before, which is what PCSX rearmed is to PCSX-r, which is a refined version of PCSX and by extension Wiistation to WiiSX, which is originally also a port of PCSX-r.

Wiistation and WiiSX run enough PSX games full speed that there doesn't really seem to be any particular reason to start over from scratch. Really the only thing I'd say is missing is hardware rendering and a couple of more peripherals support like the mouse and the negcon

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In theory it's better to start completely from scratch using the decades of console and emulation knowledge gained, which is what duckstation is. In practice it's a lot easier to improve and refine what already existed before, which is what PCSX rearmed is to PCSX-r, which is a refined version of PCSX and by extension Wiistation to WiiSX, which is originally also a port of PCSX-r.

Wiistation and WiiSX run enough PSX games full speed that there doesn't really seem to be any particular reason to start over from scratch. Really the only thing I'd say is missing is hardware rendering and a couple of more peripherals support like the mouse and the negcon
I say this because it is open source, I thought they could add things from it to Wiistation, however I don't understand anything about programming, that's why the question

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I say this because it is open source, I thought they could add things from it to Wiistation, however I don't understand anything about programming, that's why the question

Absolutely certain fixes and whatnot can be backported, however I also don't know how difficult it is. Based on the posts by saulfabre it seems like a pretty non-trivial process though, especially since the code to Wiistation is based on an ancient version of PCSX-r which might be vastly different from the much more updated PCSX reARMed.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be better to work as Duckstation? Or is PCSX-ReARMed the same thing?

Duckstation would we way too heavy. It it recommended to have at least a 1.5 GHz multi-core CPU. The Wii's is a paltry 729 MHz.

At least the Wii does have a dedicated SPU, whereas Android uses its ARM CPU(s) to do all the audio work as well. The N64 and 360 also lack a dedicated SPU.
I'm not sure about the newer consoles, of which modern PS and Xbox are basically x86/x64 computers.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Try testing this new build i compiled personally with the latest changes of WiiStation until git c335201.
I also updated Lightrec here in this build but idk if this solves said issue.

Anyways, here is the build:

@SaulFabre
I've been testing some games today in this latest compilation, and I can say that the emulator is very advanced, I haven't had any speed or graphics problems so far, I have 154 games on my HDD.
I believe that soon we will have an emulator that is almost fully compatible, great work

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@SaulFabre
I've been testing some games today in this latest compilation, and I can say that the emulator is very advanced, I haven't had any speed or graphics problems so far, I have 154 games on my HDD.
I believe that soon we will have an emulator that is almost fully compatible, great work

Oof, what type of HDD do you use, i always have issues with my 3 SDD external drives because of that damn cable, also last night there was a few tiny stutters while playing both SotN and GnY, particularly during loading screens, which i didnt experience on my thumbdrive.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Oof, what type of HDD do you use, i always have issues with my 3 SDD external drives because of that damn cable, also last night there was a few tiny stutters while playing both SotN and GnY, particularly during loading screens, which i didnt experience on my thumbdrive.
I using Seagate 1tb

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, i just realized the problem. I was renaming the .bin/.cue files to remove the (USA)'s and (JAPAN)'s. Just found out that you also gotta open the .cue file with a text editor to change the .bin tracks there. Feeling like a dumbass ngl.

Also, really cool that Vib-Ribbon is playing nicely now. I'll probably fiddle around sometime with some custom music too!

thanks, this happened to me as well, while trying to remove special characters!

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found major problems with 3 games in the Test Drive series (5/6 and Off-Road 3) all 3 have the same problem, the game starts after about twenty seconds, when you reach the menu the game freezes and then resumes for a few seconds, after a few minutes I tried to do a race and in the game there are no problems
I tried them both with the latest versions of Wiistation and also with the first ones and the problem persists but I remember well that these games worked very well on WiiSXRX and WiiSXR

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I using Seagate 1tb

I will probably never buy another of their products.

I have a 2TB USB 3.0 or maybe it's 3.1 I use with my PS3. I have never had any device corrupt files as much as it has.

After dumping a full PS3 game to it, (formatted to NTFS) it was nowhere to be found. It may have been in the FOUND.000 folder as a corrupted file. Either way, it's the worst drive I've ever bought.

This is the one, though mine is colored black: https://www.storagereview.com/review/seagate-backup-plus-slim-review-1tb-2tb

It's also corrupted countless other files as well. The only other device I have that completely gets corrupted requiring a format is a 32GB SAMSUNG microSD card.

Last edited by _47iscool,

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found major problems with 3 games in the Test Drive series (5/6 and Off-Road 3) all 3 have the same problem, the game starts after about twenty seconds, when you reach the menu the game freezes and then resumes for a few seconds, after a few minutes I tried to do a race and in the game there are no problems
I tried them both with the latest versions of Wiistation and also with the first ones and the problem persists but I remember well that these games worked very well on WiiSXRX and WiiSXR
EDIT: I tried Test Drive 6 CHD and it works perfectly, so definitely the problem is related to my files or PBP format

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying SOTN with your last version (0.0.5). And I'm getting a lot of sttutering. The performance is almost great, if It was not for the sttutering It would've been perfect. I tried other versions like 0.0.4 too, but got the same results.
I'm also having this issue with other games such as Megaman X5 and Gex.

Does anybody knows how to solve this?

View attachment 396952

My Settings are:

View attachment 396953
Just wanted to say, I tested the game out and experience no stuttering whatsoever. I played the game for about 20 minutes. Was using the latest wiistation 16a and i run the game off a usb 1tb drive. Also using a normal white Wii.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, stupid question, can wiistation not load .bin files directly? It only sees .cue files. What if I have a .bin but no .cue?

Last edited by seam1,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wanted to say, I tested the game out and experience no stuttering whatsoever. I played the game for about 20 minutes. Was using the latest wiistation 16a and i run the game off a usb 1tb drive. Also using a normal white Wii.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, stupid question, can wiistation not load .bin files directly? It only sees .cue files. What if I have a .bin but no .cue?
you make a cue file on cue maker

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs