Homebrew WiiU FTP Server (use WUT, fix inject failures and increase bandwith)

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, no probs! Thanks for letting me know.
Hey,

V12 is out : https://github.com/Laf111/WiiUFtpServer/releases/tag/V12

2022/09/05 V12 :
> WUT developpement is interrupted (awaiting for a more stable version, tried 1.1.1 with no success), so no more channel version for V12 and up)
> it is a much more stable version that use dynamic libs (like the original software) and it fixes :
- transfers number limitation on the SDCard, now 8 is allowed
- CRC errors when transferring to the SDCard
and i suppose :
- Disconnects to ftp server while copying a injected game #22
- Crash when trying to access a folder on SD #23
- unstable on tiramisu #24
- It seems that using FileZilla client to delete files on sdcard caused it died. #26
> noticeable multi-transfers enhancement :
- now connections are re-used (no more alloc/free when client connects)
- transfer buffer and thread are preallocated
- extend the priority values used for transfer threads
> fix : /storage_usb sometimes inaccessible if two USB devices are plugged in #25
> fix : renaming file is broken #27
> fix : rights on files uploaded not set properly
> remove nand backup, log file and CRC calculation features (no more CRC errors)

Special thanks to Masana for testing!

Last edited by Laf111,

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This version is faster than previous ones :

up.png

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Using V12 i m only getting 2MB/s UL max and 1,2MB/s DL with only one possible transfer at a time, what am i doing wrong

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using V12 i m only getting 2MB/s UL max and 1,2MB/s DL with only one possible transfer at a time, what am i doing wrong
It is a max speed i got (in UL) using a LAN adapter (with 3/8 transfers simultaneous).

As told previsouly : i guess you're using WIFI (with only one running transfer and a LAN adapter, you'll get around 5.5MB/s max in UL).

Note that writing data time is not taken into account for the speed measurement when the file is lower than 12MB (lower than the preallocated transfer buffer)

Last edited by Laf111,

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i copied around 10gb of data 00050000 that just disappeared on console restart, while some other data i copied before stayed,

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's a game dumped from my system i already tried it with two games before and it worked
Well, i experienced the same when i tried to inject games.
It works only for some of them.

But i don't think it has something to do with the FTP server.
The files code/title.* (fst, tmd) may be outdated and the game/app is removed on reboot.

Maybe something to do with the order of the game in the list of games you have installed...?
I haven't dig further.

Have you reset your Wii-U or change your HDD mean while ? (after you dumped the games)

Last edited by Laf111,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated this softwre, and I might have found a bug. It seems that from V9 and up, I will be copying files from my phone to my sdcard. The copying will stop at one point and I reach for my controllers and none of the buttons do anything (both a Gamepad and a WUPC). I feel like the controllers are getting locked out, because I can reset It by holding the power button down. Usually with hard locks it forces you to unplug the power in the back. I dono how I can help debug, but I'd like to try. And also, why isn't this software on the app store?

I updated the software to the latest version, did some copying back and forth and it has resolved this issue! The program runs great. Are you planning on converting to a .rpx to have it work with CF going forward? Thanks for your hard work.

Reactions: Laf111

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated the software to the latest version, did some copying back and forth and it has resolved this issue! The program runs great. Are you planning on converting to a .rpx to have it work with CF going forward? Thanks for your hard work.
Thanks for your feedback.

Yes i'm working on it but i've got a lot of work right now..
First, i have to see if i can fix the CRC corruption on the SDCard and crashes/hangs when using the WUT library (needed to create a rpx file and then a WUHB one).

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: Powerful

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey @Laf111 I saw this issue regarding WiiUFTPServer, I have done the same as that guy in a past version (It was the latest version as of September 4th), but on my MLC, and my Wii U is bricked now.
Do you know what was the actual issue and how to fix it? I used FileZilla on my MLC, but maybe it can be reverted somehow since I can access wupserver via the recovery menu.

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey @Laf111 I saw this issue regarding WiiUFTPServer, I have done the same as that guy in a past version (It was the latest version as of September 4th), but on my MLC, and my Wii U is bricked now.
Do you know what was the actual issue and how to fix it? I used FileZilla on my MLC, but maybe it can be reverted somehow since I can access wupserver via the recovery menu.
Hey,

Sorry, it was impossible to replay and so to investigate to know exactly the cause...
What files did you delete on MLC ?

What was the version used ? before or after V12 ?

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Sorry, it was impossible to replay and so to investigate to know exactly the cause...
What files did you delete on MLC ?

What was the version used ? before or after V12 ?
Thanks for the answer! I have deleted Nintendo TVii and Wii U Chat, however I'm certain that wasn't responsible of my system not booting anymore, I, and a few more people did this in the past, and nobody had problems with this.
The difference was that I was on FTPiiU and using WinSCP, this time around I used WiiUFTPServer and FileZilla... and the system now crash when trying to boot. I also reinstalled the missing titles via WUP install in the recovery menu and still doesn't boot.
Another thing that makes me believe something went wrong with the FTP is that my Cafe OS logs always report this error related to the file system, which wasn't happening before:

Code:
00:00:22:283: FSA: *WARNING!* Data buffer for read request from pid 0xc is not aligned on a 64-byte boundary.
FSA: It should be 64-byte aligned for file system performance.00:00:22:303: FSA: *WARNING!* Data buffer for read request from pid 0xc is not aligned on a 64-byte boundary.

I saw the versions released, and since my problem started on September 4th, it means it was before the V12 version released, that's why I asked about this as well.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay