Hacking WiiU Virtual Console finally fixed! [No More dark filter, and widescreen support!]

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah.
I wish.

Only one that works is the japan release, Biohazard 2, but that one only works on first boot.
Once you boot it again, it lags a LOT, to the point of being unplayable.
But if you want to take a look at it, try injection Biohazard 2 with the official .ini and give it a go in the first boot.
It's really neat to see it running that well, only problem is that damn lag on every subsequent boot of the title.

Anything unique about RE2 for N64 over the Gamecube RE2? Because you can just inject the Gamecube version.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anything unique about RE2 for N64 over the Gamecube RE2? Because you can just inject the Gamecube version.
They're completely different versions.
The Gamecube port is a straight port from the PSX version (I believe the Dual Shock version).

The N64 had different extras from the PSX one.
For one, Extreme Battle is not included, and good riddance, I never liked it lol
The N64 has some additional files you can find throughout the game, called EX Files, which further cements and connects RE2 to other games, and I believe even RE Zero (which was in development at the time). I think it also had cheat codes for Infinite Ammo, Infinite life, etc, which you could enable by making some button combo in the Load Game screen.

Also, the N64 had some new costumes, and a completely new (optional) control scheme called "First person controls", and guess what those did?
They got rid of the tank controls, making the character move to wherever you hold the analog stick to.
Hold it right, character goes right straight from a standing point, you no longer have to turn the character slowly to move to a 90 degree angle, you can do so straight from standing still. Of course these were optional controls, and you can always choose the original tank controls as well.

The N64 version also had blood colour options (green, blue, red), violence settings (low, medium, high) and once you completed the game, you could enable a whole new complete Randomizer option in the game, which completely changes which items you find throughout the game (this doesn't apply to key items).

As you can see, it had quite a good amount of stuff to its favor, much more than the lameish Extreme Battle mode from the PSX imo.
It also had better graphics compared to the PSX version, but the N64 had some compressed audio and FMVs, but that's about all the cons to the N64 one.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: EmulateLife

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're completely different versions.
The Gamecube port is a straight port from the PSX version (I believe the Dual Shock version).

The N64 had different extras from the PSX one.
For one, Extreme Battle is not included, and good riddance, I never liked it lol
The N64 has some additional files you can find throughout the game, called EX Files, which further cements and connects RE2 to other games, and I believe even RE Zero (which was in development at the time). I think it also had cheat codes for Infinite Ammo, Infinite life, etc, which you could enable by making some button combo in the Load Game screen.

Also, the N64 had some new costumes, and a completely new (optional) control scheme called "First person controls", and guess what those did?
They got rid of the tank controls, making the character move to wherever you hold the analog stick to.
Hold it right, character goes right straight from a standing point, you no longer have to turn the character slowly to move to a 90 degree angle, you can do so straight from standing still. Of course these were optional controls, and you can always choose the original tank controls as well.

The N64 version also had blood colour options (green, blue, red), violence settings (low, medium, high) and once you completed the game, you could enable a whole new complete Randomizer option in the game, which completely changes which items you find throughout the game (this doesn't apply to key items).

As you can see, it had quite a good amount of stuff to its favor, much more than the lameish Extreme Battle mode from the PSX imo.
It also had better graphics compared to the PSX version, but the N64 had some compressed audio and FMVs, but that's about all the cons to the N64 one.

I thought the GCN port of RE2 had better resolution and wasn't a port at all, but built from the ground up?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you're thinking of 1, they're completely redoing 2 now for modern consoles.

I thought there were some differences of the N64 version but I forgot it's been so long. Weird that Capcom would decide to port the PSX version to Gamecube over the N64 version since they're both Nintendo. Probably easier since GC/PSX were both on discs.

Last edited by ,

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the GameCube version is the best, better resolution in game, in cutscenes, controls are great, loadings.. I don't know if it have EX Files, since it's a Nintendo console, but I have to say too, I love the N64 version since it's the most incredible not only for put 2 CDs in a 64MB Cartridge

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I prefer the Dreamcast Version it is pretty much a Complete Resident Evil 2 Experience with the added VMU. Now that would be cool to have the item status screen etc on the Gamepad. I was disappointed when the Dreamcast features minus VMU where absent from the Gamecube release and even more so that there was no RE2 and 3 Remakes. At the time.

The N64 version is a bit of a technical marvel based on original plus rumble pack and exfiles.

Last edited by CORE,

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah you're thinking of 1, they're completely redoing 2 now for modern consoles.

I thought there were some differences of the N64 version but I forgot it's been so long. Weird that Capcom would decide to port the PSX version to Gamecube over the N64 version since they're both Nintendo. Probably easier since GC/PSX were both on discs.
Interesting, since Ocarina of Time on GC is only a port of N64 version, Nintendo could help to make a supreme port of N64 version to GC, would have been amazing

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I prefer the Dreamcast Version it is pretty much a Complete Resident Evil 2 Experience with the added VMU. Now that would be cool to have the item status screen etc on the Gamepad. I was disappointed when the Dreamcast features minus VMU where absent from the Gamecube release and even more so that there was no RE2 and 3 Remakes. At the time.

The N64 version is a bit of a technical marvel based on original plus rumble pack and exfiles.

The DC version of RE2 is actually a port of the PC version, and one of the few games to actually run on the DC's alternate OS (Windows CE)

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DC version of RE2 is actually a port of the PC version, and one of the few games to actually run on the DC's alternate OS (Windows CE)

I know I was just pointing out that the Gamecube version felt inferior to it in terms of content FMV Viewer. Model and Artwork Viewer and of course Hard and Nightmare difficulties and VMU.

It is the extra difficulties being missing that puts me off the Gamecube Version considering it was out much later and it does indeed seem like the Dualshock version but Code Veronica X is basically the Complete Edition from Dreamcast so why not do same with RE2 and 3.

Although it good to be able to play them on WiiU with Nintendont.

Last edited by CORE,

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@MelonSpeedruns. I already mentioned the debug multiselect menu in VCinject thread and does not seem all that special what is Special though is the tools ur using have u tryed opening and edit the blma EManuals it be cool to be able to edit in Gamecube Manuals and others for injects.

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Games patched for 60PS only work on Loadiine? Patch only for widescreen works in home menu.
Super Mario 64 Widescreen + 60 PS freezes on the Banner if it loads me Home menu but works on loadiine.

Widescreen + 60FPS IPS patch. Home menu freeze on the Virtual Console banner
()

Widescreen IPS patch. Home menu work.

Last edited by AlanLC,

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games patched for 60PS only work on Loadiine? Patch only for widescreen works in home menu.
Super Mario 64 Widescreen + 60 PS freezes on the Banner if it loads me Home menu but works on loadiine.

Widescreen + 60FPS IPS patch. Home menu freeze on the Virtual Console banner
()

Widescreen IPS patch. Home menu work.

Are you certain you are using the same base for both?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)