Homebrew Homebrew app WiiUIdent - A Wii U Identification homebrew

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Has to be Aroma or Tiramisu or a similar environment, WiiUIdent requires an up-to-date version on the MochaPayload.
Haxchi and CBHC won't work.
Thanks for reply I would of assumed it would of worked Im wondering is it possible you could add Wifi Id's and Passwords to this also? I know PS Vita had simlar tool which allowed this and would be super usefull.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just sent my console info off. Only interesting thing to mention is that its a 32GB size but it has no production date? Just mostly posting to follow the interesting statistics.
Is this a refurbished console? It seems Nintendo sometimes didn't set the mfg date field correctly for refurbs. (Other times they did; #63 is listed as 2017/12, which doesn't make any sense because Nintendo stopped Wii U production in January 2017, but the system turned out to be a refurb purchased in 2020.)

EDIT: If your system is #182: It has a serial number starting with FW91. That's definitely a refurb.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this nice tool. I have to run it later.
One feature I would find interesting: scanning the logs for mlc errors. Then we could get an idea what percentage of Hynix consoles show signs of corruption. Because from what I can tell there are quite a few hynix consoles from the critical time frame, which seem to be fine.

Reactions: vgmoose

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Submitted mine, pretty vanilla system with Samsung chip.

//EDIT Some kind of statistics page on website would be cool in the future showing distribution of MFG dates, chip manufacturers etc. Of course the amount of reported systems is still pretty small.

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Submitted mine, pretty vanilla system with Samsung chip.

//EDIT Some kind of statistics page on website would be cool in the future showing distribution of MFG dates, chip manufacturers etc. Of course the amount of reported systems is still pretty small.
Being able to arrange the order the individual columns would be nice, too, e.g. to see the list in chronological order. Glad to see that my Wii U has Toshiba eMMC.

Reactions: Blythe93

gooface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just submitted mine: 276

Looks like I have the newest console (other than the random 2017/12/21 one on the list) found this unit on ebay for $60 last year after having a launch model and the nand failure starting showing up on consoles, so I panic bought a later manufacture system to avoid possible system death.

Samsung here... hopefully my system lasts for years to come.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had a computer mishap, but I'll test this on my system at some point. I've probably played the wiiu more than anyone on here, so it would be interesting to know which chip I have inside. mine is still going strong, playing it right now in fact.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just submitted mine: 276

Looks like I have the newest console (other than the random 2017/12/21 one on the list) found this unit on ebay for $60 last year after having a launch model and the nand failure starting showing up on consoles, so I panic bought a later manufacture system to avoid possible system death.

Samsung here... hopefully my system lasts for years to come.
The console with the 2017/12/21 date (#63) is a refurb. It seems the different branches of Nintendo handle refurbishment differently; some NOA refurbs have an FW91 serial number and the manufacturing date was completely wiped, whereas this NOE refurb has an FEH11 serial number and the manufacturing date was updated to what I assume is the "refurbishment date".

(Wii U manufacturing was discontinued in January 2017.)

Reactions: Lynx64

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
I got two consoles, both Samsung NAND. Also, i allways keep my nand clean and empty, i have no games on it.
I allways know that read-write operations are limited.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Submitted mine : #125 & #126
Both are secondhand console
#126 is u.s console but why it doesnt displayed correct flag icon ?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes, that's normal, Nintendo just used American software for the UAE regions.

Including the DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U and Switch. In recent years they started using an UAE NMC rating instead of the ESRB one with the Switch for the boxes, but I'm sure the software and card itself is still the same for the American releases on most cases (usually with ESRB ratings too in the cards labels).

This applies to some other regions as well nowdays with Switch games (using their own rating for the box).

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did any WUT-011/CAT-SES show up yet?

WUT-012
WUP-010(BRA) https://fccid.io/ANATEL/02859-12-04083
(it says both gamepads are the same, wut-012 is red just like a leaked pic of wut-011)

WUT-003 https://fccid.io/ANATEL/03835-13-04083
(wut-002 green gamepad, unfortunately external pictures pdf is corrupt/404)

Found these back in 2017, the docs include the names and addresses of the companies that made the consoles in china.

Also is the tool detecting WIS systems that have a usb hdd inside instead of a disc drive? (noa-kolibri-01)
There were people on assembler who owned very early wis-001 fw09010 and fw09012, hopefully they will add them.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: @AncientBoi how are you ? :evil: :D +2