Hacking Will FBI work in 10.5 emunand?

Zabhahs

Goron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To expand upon the title, if I installed the FBI cia to my home menu in 9.2 emunand running ReiNAND as CFW,
would it
  • Get deleted when I update emunand
  • Not be able to install CIAs when I update emunand
  • Work properly when I update emunand
The same set of questions goes for the homebrew launcher CIA I installed.
I haven't been able to find an answer to this yet, and I have been looking for at least an hour. Thanks in advance!

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you won't find an answer because it is common sense.
the most common feature among current cfw is signature patching, which allows the execution of unsigned software such as FBI (along many other things).
If nintendo had found a way to disable that and/or erase unsigned software with an update, there would be big red fucking warnings everywhere on gbatemp.
Thus, you don't have to worry. fbi is fine. for now.

Zabhahs

Goron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you won't find an answer because it is common sense.
the most common feature among current cfw is signature patching, which allows the execution of unsigned software such as FBI (along many other things).
If nintendo had found a way to disable that and/or erase unsigned software with an update, there would be big red fucking warnings everywhere on gbatemp.
Thus, you don't have to worry. fbi is fine. for now.
FYI I thought that the only reason CFW had the ability to install CIA with FBI is because it was on 9.2. But thanks for clearing this up.

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's part of the reason. being on a firmware under 9.3 on sysnand is what allows emunand and signature patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a